Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

make-up/hair in ne philly

hey everyone,
i'm looking for make-up/hair for my wedding in sept. i already checked out cheekadee (booked) , meghan cahill (booked), natalie pagano (booked), dylan michael and up your do (not booked but a little expensive) and bella angel (again, available but a little more than i wanted to spend.) i really wanted them to come out to my house since my mass starts at 1pm which i know is early and i don't want to have to be running around at 7am but after seeing the prices of how much it costs for them to come to you i'm starting to change my mind. i live in NE philly so does anyone know any places around here that does a good job w/hair and makeup and offers airbrushing? is anyone familiar with gary charles or the powder room? thanks!!

Re: make-up/hair in ne philly

• Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got my hair and makeup trial while I was home from The Little Touches and I loved working with them.  She comes to you and she's one of the cheaper ones I've found.  They're located in New Jersey but will travel 50 miles for free.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    vmorgsvmorgs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm looking for makeup too. Will they travel just for make-up or do you need to get your hair done from them as well? I've already got someone lined up for my hair but I am at a loss for makeup.
  • Options
    GlamGalRNGlamGalRN member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i tried the little touches because i read they were priced well but they were booked too. i forgot to add that into my post.
    vmorgs- it seems like you can get most people to travel to you for makeup, but they have a min # of people they require. i think all of my bridesmaids are going to get their hair done, but i can't see them all paying for their makeup too.  
  • Options
    jessica0602jessica0602 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was in a wedding where we got our hair and make up done at Gary Charles.  The bride paid but I think they can be a little on the expensive side.
  • Options
    vmorgsvmorgs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GlamGalRN- Thanks! I've got 7 people in my Bridal Party, but only 6 need makeup. I don't think my Flower Girl's mother will want her wearing makeup..lol I'm going to contact them and see if they can travel to just do make up.
  • Options
    vmorgsvmorgs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Contacted The Little Touches and they are already booked for my wedding date. Any other places that will travel to a house to do makeup?
  • Options
    yummygirl1977yummygirl1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Look at Salon Blush they do some great work I'm actually looking into them as well for my wedding in April.
  • Options
    vmorgsvmorgs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_uphair-ne-philly?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aa0b47bb-c88a-4b1c-8478-9a266b96ea33Post:17f27a5f-c0da-4ac3-bb87-0ae730344418">Re: make-up/hair in ne philly</a>:
    [QUOTE]Look at Salon Blush they do some great work I'm actually looking into them as well for my wedding in April.
    Posted by yummygirl1977[/QUOTE]

Salon Blush? Never heard of them. Where are they located? Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ani Proodian (now Smith) at the Powder Room on Bustleton Ave. Gorgeous makeup and also won Best of Philly eyebrows.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Salon Blush is in Fishtown

Try Karen Capcino - she is coming to me and does hair/makeup. Her phone number is 215-704-2625.

• Options
    edited December 2011

I'm in the process of writing my vendor reviews but I worked with Alisha Quinn on hair--- came to our suite-- LOVE her!   And Pat Tingle who works with Mary Kay cosmetics for make up. 

They are mother/daughter and both will come to you.  Excellent prices!  Located in Bensalem.  Email Alisha Quinn for more information : AMQuinn2@gmail.com

Hair

You can also see our photos on Kamila Harris's blog.  Or I can email you more.

Email me at carm4554@gmail.com if you want more information. 

• Options
    yummygirl1977yummygirl1977 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry it took me so long to get back to you I thought I was watching this post but somehow since they redid this site I don't get the responses emailed to me anymore :( But Salon Blush is located inFishtown they won a lot of awards and all they are fox 29's hot list..don't be discouraged by the location totally not what I would have expected from a Fishtown Salon...lol the website is www.ilovesalonblush.com I believe they do come out to your house and the prices that I seen on the site were extremely reasonable. Also if you are looking for a salon further up in the northeast check out shear sensation they are on Academy & Byberry I have went there before and they do good work the girl I used there was Donna D. Hope this helps you out some if you have any more questions that I might be able to help you with please let me know I will check back here.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards