Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Question Ladies

Hey Ladies,

I know a lot of you are not having children at your wedding and wanted to know how you are addressing it on your invites. I am thinking of putting this on my reception card

IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING THE CEREMONY

PLEASE JOIN THE BRIDE AND GROOM AT THEIR ADULT RECEPTION FOR

AN EVENING OF

Dinner &

Dancing

Mrs-Flawless-Pitts

Re: Question Ladies

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just addressed my inner envelopes to the specific people that were invited.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We only had a few people with children and we basically told them flat out that they couldn't bring them.  They were all close/good friends of ours so it wasn't too offensive.  Then, we addressed the invitations to only the adults.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know most people flame for putting that on your invite, but we didn't care. We had "Please join us immediately following the ceremony for an adult reception with cocktails, dinner and dancing". We also addressed the invite to the specific people and not family, obviously.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies, On a wedding i was invited too, they had WE RESERVED _ IN YOUR HONOUR and i love that idea because it really eliminated any extra guest

Then they had it addressed to Mr and Mrs Flawless
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    this might be a dumb question, but are you allowing the children to come to the ceremony?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol, its not dumb, its actually a good question. Everything will be held at one location. The only kids invited to the ceremony and reception are the ones who will be in the wedding.  No one else is allowed to bring kids.

Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't put adult reception, just address it to Mr and Mrs. blah blah, don't include anything else.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I would not put adult only reception if there will be some kids. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Oh ok, I figured as much.

Honestly, we had the same situation, and we didn't write anything about an adult reception on our invitations.  We  just addressed the invite  

Mr. & Mrs. John Smith. 
    123 Main Street
    Happytown, PA 12345

The only "children" that we invited were over the age of 18.   If that was the case, we addressed as follows (assuming Dave and Sean are the children that still live at home):

Mr. and Mrs. John Smith
      Dave and Sean
    123 Main Street
    Happytown, PA 12345
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the Issue i am having is dealing with Nigerians who just dont understand the concept of BY INVITE ONLY and not bringing their whole family to a wedding. I am leaning towards putting the names as you listed and also putting  WE HAVE RESERVED_ SEATS IN YOUR HONOR cause i have seen folks send invites for 2 and the people come with 5
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just addressed it to "Mr. and Mrs...."  That was enough, nobody brought their kids.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aa541736-f500-4e30-9150-b5b882a7b0e0Post:7db09459-859a-4daa-b53d-dcdbf0c08f12">Re: Question Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just addressed my inner envelopes to the specific people that were invited.
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

This is what we are doing as well. Outside envelope will be Mr & Mrs and inside envelope will say Bob & Sue.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aa541736-f500-4e30-9150-b5b882a7b0e0Post:23f8462b-35a3-4120-ba44-88208b1bfe98">Re: Question Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the Issue i am having is dealing with Nigerians who just dont understand the concept of BY INVITE ONLY and not bringing their whole family to a wedding. I am leaning towards putting the names as you listed and also putting  WE HAVE RESERVED_ SEATS IN YOUR HONOR cause i have seen folks send invites for 2 and the people come with 5
    Posted by flawlessfay[/QUOTE]

I feel you.  LOL  The way we host weddings in this area is not as flexible/open as other places.  A lot of people don't understand why we need head counts.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-ladies-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:aa541736-f500-4e30-9150-b5b882a7b0e0Post:23f8462b-35a3-4120-ba44-88208b1bfe98">Re: Question Ladies</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the Issue i am having is dealing with Nigerians who just dont understand the concept of BY INVITE ONLY and not bringing their whole family to a wedding. I am leaning towards putting the names as you listed and also putting  WE HAVE RESERVED_ SEATS IN YOUR HONOR cause i have seen folks send invites for 2 and the people come with 5
    Posted by flawlessfay[/QUOTE] Well people from over seas can't just come alone and leave kids home, so those people might not even be able to come.  If they come, they have to bring the kids to the wedding as they will not be able to get a sitter.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lol, Yea, Back home in Nigeria, there is no such thing as RSVP. Weddings are an open event. My traditional is open to more guest. My parents are expecting 400 guest for that event.
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We did not have this problem, as we were specific with the names on the invite. But I did just receive an invite in the mail and it said "Please join us for an adult reception.." If you are worried I would write it!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I feel like the Adult reception sounds like there's gonna be raunchy strippers there. That's just my dirty mind LOL
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards