Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

AW Shower

We had our shower yesterday and it was fabulous.  Everyone got along (there's a long backstory of why they wouldn't that I won't get into) and we had a good time.  We had a co-ed shower because I wanted FI to be involved, and I wanted everyone to meet before the wedding weekend.  FI is from NY, and I'm from NJ so most of our bridal party and just family/friends in general have never met except the ones we met in college.  Here are some pics.  I ended up pulling my hair back after about 30 minutes because it was so humid.

Favors:

My bridesmaids and bridesmen (I'm in the middle)

Me and my parents and brother

FI and I with his parents

Re: AW Shower

• Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw congrats on your shower!! I'm glad everything went well!! Where did you have it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had it at my apt complex's clubhouse.  It has a kitchen, living room and patio.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The favors are cute.. anything eatable/drinkable as favors are great in my book ;)  

So do you have 2 bridesmaids and 2 groomsmen or those are actually bridesmen?  I wasn't sure because then you said it was a co-ed shower and so I would assume the groomsmen would be there as well :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those favors look so cute!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They're bridesmen :)  I dont have a lot of female friends, so i have my brother and best guy friend as attendants.  FI has an additional 4 groomsmen.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sounds like fun!!

I love how you have bridesmen!  I have one, but he's going to be standing on my FI side. I know someone that had a Man of Honor because her supposed to be girl friends ditched her.

The favors are cute!

~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats awesome.. I love bridesmen!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad everything went well. Love the favors! I also really like the idea of having FI involved with the shower, but I don't think my mom would ever allow it. Oh well!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome Hil!  Glad everything went well!  Where did you get the favors?  Did you make them yourself (the labels)?

How many ppl were invited, and how many came?  Did you help with the planning and all, or did your BP/moms take care of all that?  Just trying to figure out for mine :)

Is the clubhouse part of the complex I think it is, off of Gov. Printz Blvd?  We looked into living there!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MBR - the favors were mini Riesling wine and Hennessey bottles.  My MOH soaked the bottles to peel off the labels, then she re-labeled them with her own.  I'm pretty sure she printed the labels herself.

We invited about 30-35 people and 25 or so showed up.  I helped plan the date, location, guest list and helped with food.  They did everything else.  I'm really the only resource they could use to find things.  My MOH lives in Maryland, BM in Harrisburg, and mom in NJ.  Yes, we live off Gov. Printz and the shower was there.  :)
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Yay, shower! Sounds like it was a good time!

How did the gift opening go? We had a co-ed shower, and I think most of the guys were hanging out outside during that time.

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI didn't want to open gifts in front of everyone, but my MOH made us do it anyway :)  Everyone came inside from the patio.  Almost all of the gifts were off the registry, so not many surprises.  With two of us opening gifts, it went much quicker which made me happy because I dont like to be center of attention!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Looks like fun!! Glad you had a great time! :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards