Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Veil and accessories shopping

I'm hoping to get a reasonably priced veil and other accessories online, but I'm not sure what I'm looking for.  Where did you all go to shop for veil, flowerpin, etc?  I'd love to go and try things on.  I'd be happy to purchase at a store if I felt the price was right.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Veil and accessories shopping

• Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found things I liked that were way way way over my budget, found a picture of them, and then posted that picture on etsy.com as a request. I then had people from there make it for me at a fraction of the cost.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I haven't shopped for a veil and I don't know if it would be an issue for you, but there is a second-hand store in DE called the Resale Boutique on Philadelphia Pike (Claymont).  They have a whole bridal shop downstairs.  I'm sure they have plenty of veils you can look at and try on.  And, they should be much cheaper than a new one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and I ordered my hair fascinator off of etsy after months and months of looking at pics on there.  If you order online, just make sure to check or ask for the measurements.  You dont want something huge, or smaller than you expected.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!  This is next on my list...  I have a swatch of my dress fabric, so I'm hoping that helps, but I don't know how you shop for veil colors, etc.  It seems like they come in white or ivory...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just got mine made in ivory and crossed my fingers. The ivory was slightly darker on my veil then on my dress, but you couldn't tell at all, and you can't in pictures either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks BP, I'm not sure how much you can really tell in pictures...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah that's what I mean, you don't notice a difference if the color is slightly off, so don't worry TOO much about the colors matching perfectly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards