Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Where do I go to Purchase Alcohol for my Wedding

Hello Ladies!

Where is the best place to get alcohol for my wedding at bargain prices?  I definitely want to save money here. It will be a full bar and I always get the feeling that the Wine & Spirits Shoppe is going to price gouge me. Help!!

Re: Where do I go to Purchase Alcohol for my Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

Maryland. :)

Costco has a liquor store. Where ever you go, find out their return policy. That way you can get more than you think you'll need and return what you don't use.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Costco actually sells alcohol... or see if you can order from a wholesaler.  My parents used to own a bar, and we would order things by the case.  It's definitely cheaper to order things that way. 

I can ask my friend from college, too... for her brother's wedding, they purchased their own alcohol.  That's how I ended up with a jug of gin for my birthday--hahaha
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    burana22burana22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I assumed that with PA controlling the liqour, it wouldn't be possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Well, I mean, it's not technically legal to cross state lines with the alcohol, so it's not the best advice ever. But, MD's prices are waaay lower than PA's for liquor. Like, a bottle of Gentleman Jack in MD would be 35.00... in PA it'll be 45-50. Wine & Spirit shoppes aren't as bad as everyone makes them out to be for wine, but for liquor, they are pricey.

And in MD & I think DE, you can get everything in one stop. (beer, liquor, wine, etc.)

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards