Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Anyone here?

Seemed like the board was a little slow today.

I got pissed off in a staff meeting and almost walked out.  The assistant director at my job said something that I felt was inappropriate and offensive.   They took away our lunch hour for the meeting and then she offended my religioin and I was NOT happy.
Photobucket

Re: Anyone here?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Watching Glee - great start to this episode.

Stacy, offending your religion? at work?  wtf.
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here watching family feud
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LRM, I'm watching Glee too.  In the meeting, they were talking about the week of the young child.

I probably got too offended (I didn't flip out or anything, just got internally irratated). 

She said that the week of the young child is the same as Easter is for Catholics.  I don't really see how that was an appropriate comparison considering what Easter is to Christians in general.  I just don't think that religion should be brought into a staff meeting period.  I also don't see how Easter is the same as the week of the young child anyway.  In the same part of the meeting, she was very intimidating and threatening instead of being supportive and encouraging.  This is one of the reasons I need a career move NOW.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Watching Glee tooooooo! Black bird  - awesomeeeeeee!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Troutymouth = hilarious.

*Googling week of the young child...*
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's just a time to honor children and to pretty much get the community involved in early childhood education.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    .........which is pretty much what I do EVERYDAY!  That however was not mentioned in the staff meeting.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here.... kinda.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ...So this would be like comparing American Education Week to Christmas or something?  I'm sorry, I wouldn't be ffended by that, just immensely confused and giving major side-eye.

PS BLAINE AND KURT!  SQUEE!  <-- is now a 13 year old girl.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Easter is the most sacred time of the Catholic faith.  I think that's why I didn't think it was appropriate.  I didn't say anything but I felt all sorts of confusion/aggravation etc.  I wouldn't consider WOTYC sacred, that's all. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Christmas would actually have been a little more appropriate b/c it's a time of sharing, and being with loved ones to celebrate new beginnings. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just think it's werid/not appropriate to compare it to religion at all. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_anyone-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:acd625b4-404b-46db-9b8d-2190c915a8baPost:56d090ec-b54e-40d4-af48-8ac1d6de552c">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Troutymouth = hilarious</strong>. *Googling week of the young child...*
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]

The original songs are funny. however, I keep having flash backs of the tosh.0 episode with that girl singing lol " tomorrow is saturday and sunday comesss afterwardssssss" lol  heres the video if you havent seen it:  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD2LRROpph0</a> 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it weird that in spite of the fact that he's significantly younger than me and plays a gay guy in TV, I have a massive crush on Darren Criss?

ETA fran, that's a real song?!  Now I need to frantically Google the tosh.o  clip.  This is rich.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I"m going back b/c I missed the post but I love Blackbird.  I choreographed a piece to Sarah Mclachlans version a few years ago. 

Is it bad that I don't like Rachel? 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For the Ray LaMontagne fans... the parents dance was to You Are The Best Thing on One Tree Hill (Brooke got married).  Very cute for a parent dance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacy - you mean Rachel as a character or Lea Michele?  I loved her in Spring Awakening, but I sort of agree that I think lately she's been blurring the line between character and her public persona. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_anyone-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:acd625b4-404b-46db-9b8d-2190c915a8baPost:b834ae66-75a3-4fbe-991a-9c4617896cda">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ETA fran, that's a real song?!  Now I need to frantically Google the tosh.o  clip.  This is rich.

Sadly, its a real song... well atleast the girl made it not as a joke and thought her lyrics were genius lol... I couldnt find it on tosh.0 site though lol.... too funny.....
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    character.  I don't know her as an actress.  I watched Glee before but not much til after the wedding as I now have more time on my hands.  The character bothers me for some reason.  I've never been one to follow actors.  I'm not much of a movie buff or even a tv fan.  I usually spend my evenings working on choreography so I don't watch a lot of tv. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_anyone-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:acd625b4-404b-46db-9b8d-2190c915a8baPost:b834ae66-75a3-4fbe-991a-9c4617896cda">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it weird that in spite of the fact that he's significantly younger than me and plays a gay guy in TV, I have a massive crush on Darren Criss? ETA fran, that's a real song?!  Now I need to frantically Google the tosh.o  clip.  This is rich.

<div>Not weird.  I kind of have a massive crush on him too.  I also heart the Warbles.  Love their songs!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ev...have you seen the Harry Potter musicals he was in at Michigan? (have you even read the books?  I am clearly now outing myself as a huge nerd.)  I actually know him from those and was pleasantly surprised to see him belting out Katy Perry a few months ago ;)

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm here fast forwarding through the biggest loser commercials. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_anyone-here-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:acd625b4-404b-46db-9b8d-2190c915a8baPost:29ebde7d-2c52-4418-b5de-17082f76fa8a">Re: Anyone here?</a>:
    [QUOTE]ev...have you seen the Harry Potter musicals he was in at Michigan? (have you even read the books?  I am clearly now outing myself as a huge nerd.)  I actually know him from those and was pleasantly surprised to see him belting out Katy Perry a few months ago ;)
    Posted by LaRositaMonita[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>If it makes you feel better, the first movie FI and I ever saw together was Prisoner of Azkaban.  I am addicted to Harry Potter. </div><div>
    </div><div>And yes, I've seen clips of him on YouTube doing the Harry Potter musical.  He's adorable.  And I LOVE Teenage Dream a la Darren Criss.  I think he does it better than Katy Perry.

</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Confession #1: I have been known to sing Goin' Back to Hogwarts while cleaning on the weekends. 

Confession #2: I now have a crush on ev.  If your name were Ginny Weasley/Cho Chang, I might serenade you a la Darren Criss. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm kinda here... I'm goofing off on facebook & etsy.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm here.  Thanks ladies for all your comments on facebook.  Two of my friends were over tonight because DH is working.  It was too hard watching my grandfather all day.  He's a mess.  We meet with the undertaker, who knew my grandparents growing up.  He was crying.  It was just a sad day.

Working on the eulogy now.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, Cassie.  You are more than welcome.  I can still clearly remember the mess after my grandmother passed. 

Would you like some cheering up?  It's OK to just say no...I remember just wanting to be sad for a few days and own how much I missed my Me-Ma. Just the same, I can link to Darren Criss singing Part of Your World if you'd like. Yes, ladies, he also sings Disney covers. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw Drink,  I'm sure you have so many wonderful memories to share with your family and friends of your grandmother.  I'm so so sorry.  I'm glad she was there for you on your wedding day.  I'm sure that made her so happy to be able to share that special time with you.  This is a really hard time but I hope you find comfort in knowing that she's in a better place now.  As I said before, I'm thinking and praying for strength for you and your family.  xoxo
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I not so sad tonight.  I think next week, when everything has settled down I will need lots of cheering up.

I was the last one with her last night.  She said it was time for her to go home and everyone has to go home sometime.  She was yelling at me for crying.  She wanted to make sure my grandfather had an anxiety pill and that I told everyone she loved them.  It was a hard but precious moment to have.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards