• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2010 Weddings

cute check

So we were staying with my parents this weekend because I was a BM in a friends wedding, and my mom offered for us to borrow a set of Waterford toasting flutes they had received as a Christmas or anniversary gift or something for our wedding. FI and I were not planning on buying any, we just don't see the point. We were both thankful, but not sure we wanted to risk anything happening to them, and didn't really care that much either way to have nice toasting flutes. Then my mom realized they still have the low, old school shaped champaign glasses with 'bride' and 'groom' on them from my parents wedding 38 years ago! They are so fun and retro (and FI who hasn't had an opinion about too much even liked the idea). So now we will be using them, and I think it will be such a cute idea/picture/etc! Just wanted to share my cute, unexpected check!

Re: cute check

• That is so cute!!  I love the idea of using something meaningful from your parents! That's awesome!!
  • Very cute!  Sounds like a great solution!
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2q9gfw9.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/eu20pl.jpg[/IMG]
  • Those sound awesome!
    Married on 8/7/10 My Bio
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Oh how cute! Sounds great!
  • In Response to cute check:
    [QUOTE]So we were staying with my parents this weekend because I was a BM in a friends wedding, and my mom offered for us to borrow a set of Waterford toasting flutes they had received as a Christmas or anniversary gift or something for our wedding. FI and I were not planning on buying any, we just don't see the point. We were both thankful, but not sure we wanted to risk anything happening to them, and didn't really care that much either way to have nice toasting flutes. Then my mom realized they still have the low, old school shaped champaign glasses with 'bride' and 'groom' on them from my parents wedding 38 years ago! They are so fun and retro (and FI who hasn't had an opinion about too much even liked the idea). So now we will be using them, and I think it will be such a cute idea/picture/etc! Just wanted to share my cute, unexpected check!
    Posted by Manditchka24[/QUOTE]
    My mom gave me similar glasses.  My parents got married about 18 years ago.  My mom was cleaning out the china cabinet and decided to give them to me as a joke thinking I wouldnt want to use them.  I am def going to use them at the wedding and will try to pass them down to my kids.  

I remember when she got them.  They came in a box with a guest book and cake cutting set.  I think she probably bought them at davids bridal or the craft store super cheap.    I cant wait to use them. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awwww!  ♥
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BFP Chart BFP 10/7/11 EDD 6/20/12 [email protected] 114
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards