August 2010 Weddings

cant wait for open letter Thursday

I know nobody is as excited about my wedding as I am.. but would it kill my fiance to feign interest.
okay, so I am not really being fair.  he just returned from a week of camping and he is pretty exhausted.  But it isnt my fault that his week co-incided with the time when stuff has to get done.
the wedding is 3 months yesterday.   we dont have a 100% guest list.  (he needs to get a few more addresses - we have no names from his family although they promised that they have them at home)
the invites arent going to be ready for 2 weeks (which is fine, but I want them sent out within a day of receipt so we need to print the labels now)
We havent booked the honeymoon.  (why is that a chore? it is the best part)

There are other stuff we need to do, but he wants to relax.  ugh
okay - tell me to cihll out.

Re: cant wait for open letter Thursday

• Getting address out of FI's is like getting blood out of a stone.
    Stella

Vacation

• You know, when we hit the three month mark, my FI started getting more excited than he had been in an entire year of planning.  I bet when he rests up from his trip, the excitement will kick in for your FI one of these days.

And yes, getting those addys from FI is a ridic chore...
    Anniversary
  • aweilbaaweilba
    1000 Comments
    In Response to Re: cant wait for open letter Thursday:
    Getting address out of FI's is like getting blood out of a stone.
    Posted by Kathiiy
    So well said!  I finally gave up and told him that if he can't get the 7 remaining addresses from his part of the guest list, it looks like those people won't be getting invites.  We mailed out all of our invites on Thursday except those 7 because he still hasn't gotten their addresses!  I've been asking him for them for 2 weeks!
  • I didn't have too much of a hard time getting addresses from my FI b/c he's really looking forward to seeing everyone he invited. I did however have a hard time getting him to STOP adding people to the guest list AND I had a HECK of a time convincing him we should register for gifts. UGH! Men! They'll just never understand! ;-P LOL!
    August 2010 Final Siggy Challenge-Favorite pic of FI & I
    PhotobucketDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Same here aweilba.  Told FI if he wanted to invite extended family members, he needed to get addresses.  He never got them.  I've mentioned it 3 or 4 times over the past few months, and I'm done!  Mom and I finished making the invites and we are beginning to address them.  We only made as many invites as we needed, didn't make extras.  So FI is screwed if he wants to invite these people now.  I'm not spending 3 hours making up one invitation from scratch.  He is just SOL. 
  • I had to physically drive my FI to his mom's house to get the addresses from her side. And for a few of his friends and other family I emailed him everyday at work until he got them for me  lol

the things we put up with! Tongue out
    August 2010 August Siggy Challange!
    Favorite Pic with FI
    Photobucket
  • In Response to Re: cant wait for open letter Thursday:
    Getting address out of FI's is like getting blood out of a stone.
    Posted by Kathiiy
    I second that! 3 months of waiting and I finally deleted a bunch of his family off the guest list. I told him to deal with it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards