• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
August 2010 Weddings

wedding ring rant

We were told my ring would take 2-3 weeks to get in. Last week (4 weeks from when we ordered it) they said middle of this week. This week (5 weeks) they tell me early next week. I really don't need to be worrying about this this close to the wedding. We leave this state to go to the wedding in 1.5 weeks and it better be here and be right before then! Anyone else not have their ring yet?

Re: wedding ring rant

• I'm hopefully picking mine up tomorrow.  It ended up taking a week longer than it was supposed, and they suddently had my # wrong and never called, so I had to call them.  We should be fine, but after hearing all of the other horror stories knotties have had with chain stores, I'll believe it's my ring when I see it.
  • Oh no! Just make sure they know when you have to have it by. I got mine in June, yay!
  • Oh, no!  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it makes it in time!
    [IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/2q9gfw9.jpg[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/eu20pl.jpg[/IMG]
  • Was I one of the horror stories JessiTess?

My original ring came from Zales and we ordered it in April.  It had to be custom ordered to my ring size because it had diamonds on it. 

12 weeks later, still no ring.  Came to find out, they ordered the completely wrong ring and didn't fess up.  Offered to make me the right ring.  Said it would be 6-8 weeks.  This was 3 weeks ago.  The ring wouldn't have been here in time.  They didn't seem to care.

Basically, we told Zales to kiss our backside and went to a family run jewelry store in town and ordered a new band.  It is a plain white gold band, which is what I originally wanted, but Zales only offered diamond bands.

FI called at lunchtime today and they told him they had JUST signed for the box from the delivery man.  I high-tailed it over there!  They couldn't give the ring to me fast enough!

I'm so thankful I have my ring now.  I know the stress you are going through.  It's a big deal.  My aunt told me not to worry; if a ring didn't come in time, I could borrow a ring.  NO!  I want my own at the ceremony!

But anyway, I hope they'll have your ring ready.  There are other stresses with the wedding, but that was the biggest worry for me. 

• I can relate, Jona suddenly decided his ring was a half size too small. I ordered it online, so I have to send it back to the store and then they'll send me the right one. I'm just having it sent to my Gramma (where I'll be staying the week before the wedding), because I don't feel like it'll get back to our apartment before we leave!
  • Wow, sounds like some of you have had horror stories!!! We did not go to a chain store, but it is not the store we got my Ering from either. They got FI's ring without a problem, but mine had to be custom made to have it in my size and also because the original ring we saw was an eternity band but I only want diamonds half way around (because I'm a physical therapist). I'm terrified it is going to come in as an eternity band. Lets keep our fingers crossed! Thanks for all the good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards