Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Greetings! I'm a long-time lurker that finally decided to create an account. I'm at the point in the wedding planning process where I'm starting to finalize the finer details of the wedding (decor, lighting, etc.). I've been going back and forth on whether I want to bring in an event planner or go the DIY route. I need to decide soon and could use some help. While doing research online, I came across this amazing company called Eventine Design. I was wondering if any of you have used them or known anyone that has? I'm also considering doing the centerpieces myself (to help with costs) and then hiring someone to do uplights, pinspotting, etc. Can any of you give me some suggestions? Using the knot's vendor search list, I came across Eventions and they look fabulous. Have any of you used them? If so, if it's not too personal a question to ask, how much did you spend on your package? Sorry for all the questions and thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Re: Newbie

• Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!!!

i'm a newbie too, but JUST started planning... still looking at venues.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome ladies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    welcome.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Welcome. I wish I could offer advice (I'm going the DIY route). The married/ planning bios have helped me find vendors and inspiration. Also check out Cara's (a recently married lady herself) post to questions for married ladies (it's right at the top of our board) - That has been a HUGE help.

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm not familiar with the companies you mentioned, but stick around and you'll get a lot of great ideas and suggestions!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

If you're still looking for someone to do lighting, Synergetic Sounds does lighting and sound/DJ if you're looking to hire a DJ. They have lighting events, I recommend you check them out!

I did use Eventions for large-scale events at my last job, but I haven't seen their work at weddings or anything (just large concerts and stuff)!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    N+HN+H
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the replies! I read through Cara's thread at the top and it's made me realize that I don't really need to hire an expensive event planning company to do everything for me, so the DIY route it is (which is what I was leaning towards anyways. I guess I just needed some motivation to do it). LadyJ10, thanks for the recommendations.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I can't help with the vendors you mentioned but just wanted to say Welcome!  Im a DIY bride as well (for the most part).  No even planner for me even though I wished I had time and time again. Looking back, I'm so proud of what we've done so far. 
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards