Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*cara*

My last single lady weekend has been really good so far.  Last night FI and I went to the driving range, then went to try on his tux because it was in.  We ended up taking the tux home, and getting FI a suit while we were there.  Today I sat by the pool for 3hrs, and while I was there I wrote my vows :)  I'm going to look them over in the morning with a fresh mind, then send them to our pastor for his approval.  We went to the mall and I got a cute hat for the honeymoon.  And now we're just relaxing.  Tomorrow I will hopefully get some more time at the pool, and write up our programs so I can print them on Monday.

So, overall its been nice!  We found out that one of our readers is in the hospital which sucks.

Re: *cara*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sounds like you're having a great weekend!  What are your programs going to look like?  What kind of vows are you writing?  Our wedding doesn't really have vows, but we are going to write each other "promises" just so we have something personal in there.

That's too bad about your reader, will they be able to be at the wedding or do you have to ask someone else? 

How many days are you working next week?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a very casual ceremony.  Instead of the traditional do you take this person to have an hold, sickness and health, etc. vows, we are completely writing our own.  Our pastor wants to review them to make sure we are "promising" enough to make the marriage legit.

The programs are just DIY from Michaels... white programs with silver double hearts at the top.  I'm not doing anything special with them.  They fold in half, so the front page will just be our wedding info, left inside page will be ceremony order, right inside page will be bridal party info, and back page will be thanks/memorial.

No, our reader won't be able to make it to the wedding at all.  He's actually our best man's father, so the BM just let us know what was going on.  He's stable, so he'll be ok, just not a good idea to travel and stuff.  As a replacement, FFIL will do the reading.

I'm only working 2 days next week... and hopefully I dont get myself fired on those days.  I'm getting majorly dumped on by a coworker and I'm at the end of my patience.  So, we'll see what happens.  I plan to just go in, put my mp3 player on, and zone out as much as possible.

Did you and FI go to see Inception?  How was it?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you sharing your vows with each other?  I always think its sweet when the vows are heard by the person for the first time at the ceremony.  But then I went to a wedding where the groom read first and moved everyone to tears. Then the bride read her short, tired-to-be-funny vows and it was so mismatched.

That's a shame he won't make the wedding, but I'm glad you found someone to read instead, and since you haven't printed the programs yet, I guess it works.  I was looking at those DIY programs at Michaels today.  I had the other ones in my hand, the plain with the pearly border, but I didn't get anything.

Good luck on Mon and Tues!  Just keep your wedding and honeymoon in mind and remember that while you're on a beach, your coworker will be stuck in the office.

We did see Inception last night and both loved it.  Have you seen it?  Its like the mind-screw of Memento and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind meets the action of Bourne Identity, meets the most amazing special effects.  I'm glad I saw it, it didn't seem long at all.  Tonight I"m home doing stuff around the house and FI is at a KISS concert.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not sharing our vows beforehand, but our pastor will see, so hopefully he will tell us if they are mismatched!  Lets hope so at least.

Glad you liked Inception.  We havent seen it yet.  FI really wants to watch it, so hopefully we'll find time to see it this week.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I'll show FI mine either.  I have a rough draft idea written down, which is a good start.  We joke all the time about our promises, such as promising not to fart on each other.  We're complete children about it, but I know actually writing it will probably be emotional.

I think it would be a good 2+ hour escape if you saw it this week! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I literally included in my vows that I promise to continue playing video games and watching Sunday football with him!  We'll see if the pastor allows me to say it LOL.

I cried both times I sat down to write vows, and even FI admitted that he teared up writing his.  Hopefully if I read mine a million times this week, I will get desensitized and not cry so much on Friday.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I'm not sure how to get through saying the vows.  I guess maybe you can't think about what the words mean, and just SAY them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards