Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Health & Fitness Update

How have you been doing? 

I saw quite a few people who decided to run outside yesterday in the "nice" weather and looked ready to pass out.  They should have started on a cooler day!  LOL

Re: Health & Fitness Update

• Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eh, I'm doing okay.  I skipped Weight Watchers on Saturday.  I went running outside on Sunday, but didn't go yesterday because I had to work late.  Right now I am having trouble on the eating front because I am getting stressed.  I am a stress eater, which is not good, especially when I have a fitting on Saturday.  Eeek. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm okay. I plan  to start WW when my book comes. I ordered the books but am not paying for meetings it's too expensive.
    I've been having a weight loss shake for breakfast and sometimes fiber one cereal too. Doing greek yougat and naturak valley bar at lunch with a little something (This is usually spread out). Dinners have been the worst lots of pasta again.
    I also had ice cream this weekend. fail ...

I haven't been as strict with Jillian because of the migranes I've been getting.  I do plan on going to zumba this week with my mom.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_health-fitness-update-7?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b54da1d8-6f55-4bf1-a599-c99b902a6773Post:01de32a8-a22e-4077-878d-17515cc6ab84">Health & Fitness Update</a>:
    [QUOTE]How have you been doing?  I saw quite a few <strong>people who decided to run outside yesterday in the "nice" weather and looked ready to pass out.</strong>  They should have started on a cooler day!  LOL
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

THis would be my husband. hahaha
    He hasn't run in a while and I came home as he was coming back from running and he was like bright red and ready to die. I'm like- you shouldn't have pushed yourself so hard there. :-P

In my news- 2 week follow up at chiro and things are looking good. Got new running shoes so hopefully I can put them to good use in a few weeks,

Anyone have any new/good work outs they've found on on demand? I need some new variety for my work out at home days.
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend's bachelorette weekend in NYC definitely ruined all the good eating and exercising I did last week. There was a lot of wine, cheese, pasta, and brunch items consumed. I couldn't bring myself to step on the scale this morning.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been sticking with Level 3 of 30DS just about every morning and I'm still liking it. My first "goal" was BPics, which are tomorrow morning. Beyond that, I'd like to keep up with working out and eating well for bikini season...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been consistent.  Not great, but not bad either.  I want to start running outside, and hopefully that will agree with my legs more then the treadmill.  I started doing push ups again yesterday so I don't die trying to do kickboxing.  I'm starting with girl pushups (10-15/set) and working my way up to regular push ups.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So this is odd - I worked out 4 straight days two weeks ago and gained weight last week.  I hardly worked out last week and lost weight this week!  My arms and abs are starting to get SLIGHT definition.  So I guess that's good.  Crazy how hard it is to get scuplted yet soooo easy to get all flabby! I'm going to a circuit boxing class today at the gym.  Can't wait to punch them bags! 
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Last week sucked working out, but I did ok eating for the most part.

I started WW online Sunday, so been tracking on that.  Getting a little confused on the extra points, activity points... and do I try to reach my allotted points each day, or is it ok to go under?  I was 3 under last night and didn't know if I should leave it, or eat a snack...

I'm bound and determined to keep up with my work out this week.  So far I did 30DS Sunday, bike and tried running last night.  The doctor basically told me I'm probably having lingering issues with my knee from being female (hips makes kneecap shift) and overweight.  So I'm just going easy with running, but keeping up with bike and some elliptical.  Hopefully it all works together.  I really want to lost the 20 lbs I gain since the accident.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Mana-  On this plan you do not have to eat all of your points.  If you are not hungry do not eat something just because you have leftover points.  Also I prefer to not eat my activity points.  I felt like it helped with the weight loss.  Again though, if you're hungry you have them there to use. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Amy - thanks!  I figured I'd track activity points but only use them if I was starving.  I also set it to use them first, so I feel like I earned them more than the extras they give you.  I did eat a snack last night to get my points, but now I know it's ok not to use them.  I'm surprisingly not too overwelmed with it.  Thanks again!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Another WW question - does point reduce the more weight you lose?
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Yes, the points will reduce when you lose weight, but the lowest your points will go is 29 each day. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Interesting - that's what mine are already. 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Mine are too. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Well it's not like i'm struggling to stay in that points range, just weird if I lost the 50lbs I want to lose I'll still have the same points. 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started WW last week, but didn't have anyone to go to a meeting with... *ahem* so I just kinda eased in to it. I went for a 2 mile walk with DD on Sunday after walking around Ikea all morning, so I'm probably about 3.5 miles plus lifting all of the furniture in and out of the house. We kept up with the walking and I got my sister to do a mile with us yesterday. I'm aiming for 1-2 miles a day for a week, then upping it to 2-3 miles for a week, 3 miles for a week, and then I'll start the C25k. This way I'm accustomed to some sort of daily work out. I'll admit it, I'm waaay out of shape. It's pathetic.

DD loves her stroller, so that makes it easier to walk too. My diet slipped up yesterday and I had pizza for lunch, but I only ate half of the piece... and we had to grab dinner on the run, but instead of a whole meal at Chickfila, I picked up just nuggets. That's a pretty good change so far. :) Obviously, I won't be able to walk today or tomorrow, but I'll be dancing tomorrow, and then hopefully we can go for a walk on Thursday.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    <<I started WW last week, but didn't have anyone to go to a meeting with... *ahem*>>

I thought we were doing WW online for now then do meetings if we were having issues haha!  I was in Oxford Friday night and would have went to a meeting if I knew :(.  Are meetings included in the online plan?  Also, what time does dancing actually start?  I know I'm always late, but I'm going to leave from Aberdeen instead of Abingdon so I miss the traffic, so I can be on time!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    No change in weight this week, but I lost another inch from my belly and hips, so I think I'm gaining muscle now. I'm still going strong with working out - spend almost 2 hours at the gym on Friday because I was having the ladies over and knew I would be consuming a major amount of calories, heh. But other than that, things are pretty on track for me. Should be able to hit my goal of losing 30lbs before my 30th bd this July no problem.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can actually participate in this!! I started 30 Day Shred after work yesterday. Boy am I sore today!!! It isn't easy, but it's at least doable, so I will try to keep at it every day during the week.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    im doing really good!  yay!
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mana- I just signed up for the one that had the meetings because it had a better deal. Plus, I paid 3 months in advance, so I don't have to pay again until the summer. No biggie. My MOH goes to meetings in Kennett, so I'll go to one with her and see how I like it.

Dancing starts between 6-6.30. She kinda has a soft start and teaches the beginner dances when she gets there. Usually it picks up around 6.45- 7 and goes till 9.30 or 10. That's why I usually just take DD home in the middle of it and put her to bed. I know I'll be back in time to still dance. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011

Paprika - Oh ok, I guess I misunderstood your texts that one day.  I got the 3 month one too that was cheaper... thought it was just online, but who knows. 

my 2012 shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards