• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Miss to Mrs.

I am getting married in two weeks and plan to change my last name. Did any of you use the website Miss to Mrs.com? If so, was it worth the money. TIA!

Re: Miss to Mrs.

• Don't do this!! I talked to a friend of mine who changed her name. The first place you need to go is the SS office with your old SS card and your marriage cert. After that, go to the DMV and just go from there. DO NOT give these people your money!!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • I didn't even think of using that.  I haven't actually searched, but I'd be willing to bet you can find a comprehensive list of places to change your name for free online.  It'll probably be a fair amount of work on my part sorting out what needs to be changed and actually doing it, but no way do I want to give my money to someone else to do things I could just as well do myself for free.

I would start where PP recommended - take your marriage certificate and a form of ID (can be old SS card, passport or license) to the Social Security Administration to get your name changed first.  Then visit the DMV to get your license changed.  Then proceed with credit cards, bank accounts, mortgage company, student loans, car loans, magazine subscriptions, HR department at work, insurance company, etc.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • http://newlastname.org/

This website has a free listing of what needs to be changed and in what order depending on what state you are from.  It also offers to do this as a service for a fee but gives the do it yourself option as well.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did everything on my own, and what I wasn't sure about, I asked my cousin who got married 2 years ago.

BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 1/16/13:7dpo Progesterone blood draw, low progesterone/weak ovulation, 50mg Clomid CD5-9 Baseline u/s on 2/4 showed I ovulated about an hour before my appointment! IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!! BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thank guys! It looks like this will be easier than I thought. I appriciate the help! Congrats on your marriages. You all look beautiful in your siggy pictures.
  • In Response to Re: Miss to Mrs.:
    [QUOTE]http://newlastname.org/ This website has a free listing of what needs to be changed and in what order depending on what state you are from.  It also offers to do this as a service for a fee but gives the do it yourself option as well.
    Posted by kijpost[/QUOTE]

That's a great site! As long as you have a list, doing it yourself is better (IMO).
    Anniversary
  • Thank you for posting this! I was going to go to the Miss to Mrs. website...then I saw that they charged a fee...I certainly don't need to pay money for something I can do myself!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards