• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Is your Aunt Flo a raging beeotch?

ok...that might be a bit harsh.  She is usually good to me -rare occurances of cramps, light 3 day period.   BUT!  it's looking more and more like I'll either have my period on or right before the wedding.    This bodes extremely poorly especially because I am inclined to teeny weeny bouts of PMS and I can't imagine walking down the aisle with a bloody tampon (ewww dirty pun).  I can't think of a worse time for it.

I'm seriously considering getting back on birth control for a couple months just so that I can control my flow.   Yes, I know it's bad, but...
TTC since 2010
Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Is your Aunt Flo a raging beeotch?

• Guh. I'm right there with you and I can't stand the idea of dealing with Aunt Flo during the wedding. I would get back on birth control, but that's just me!! Bleh!
  • Lately mine has been AWFUL. Its been really heavy the first few days and then has lasted at least 6 days. Which is TOTALLY not how I normally am. It's looking like I might get lucky and have it the week before the wedding. When we first got engaged it was looking like there was no way I wouldnt have it on the wedding day but slowly its been coming closer and closer together. So I might get lucky. I'll just die if I have it for the wedding I get SO bloated. Esp in my face. Urg I would hate to have bloated period face in all my pictures.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• Yes she is.  I hate her.  She's about to come right now and it just pisses me off.  Cramps so bad, I have to call in sick and lie w/ heating pads on front and back.  Absolutely miserable.  On the bright side, she only comes every 50 days or so, I don't keep track.  So I have no idea if she will be here for the wedding.  I hope not, since I'm near comatose when she comes...

Pill doesn't work for me, but I would do it Dia, just to avoid the hassle.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• haha aunt flow--haven't heard this one for years!  this is one of the bennies of being on BCP--controlling your period.  i love it.  i manipulate the hell out of mine all the time.  i am the master and she is the bitch.  i get sad when i think about going off the pill when we try to get preggers because i will not be able to control it any more.
  • I'm on the pill and it definitely helps!
    I actually made sure I wouldn't have to deal with that on our wedding day & honeymoon before we picked a date.  Might be crazy, but it's one less thing to worry about!
    [URL=http://tinyurl.com/codlr5]My Bio [/URL]
  • ...and once again, I'm glad I no longer have to worry about Aunt Flo ever again!
  • The pill is my manipulating savior.  I like it.  Otherwise she is a major pain in my arse.
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • I'm on the pill. You totally freaked me out for a sec, but I just counted the weeks, and I will be on week 1 of pills the week of the wedding and won't have a visit from Aunt Flo until we get home from the honeymoon!
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • I use the NuvaRing and can't imagine life without it.  I specifically got on BC simply to make sure I won't have a visit from AF during the wedding.  FI thinks it's weird that I regulate it, but hey, he doesn't have to deal with it! 
  • Ha - AF will be visiting about 2 days after the wedding - unless she goes MIA due to stress, which has happened to me before.  FI has already been warned.

If you go back on BC now, aren't you worried about your body adjusting?  I thought it takes a couple of months to get a routine going - it's been a while for me so I don't remember exactly.

Only good thing about my current schedule is since we're waiting to go away, HM week will be prime baby-making time.  The plan is to have a few drinks & hope for the best.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • I'm on the pill also...and supposed to get her today.  I still get cramps but at least I can plan when she's gonna come.  A few months back I counted to see if I would have it for the wedding and i wont, BUT I will have for the middle of the honeymoon.  I'm not one to try to stop it, cause I've read on the nest boards, that it didnt work and they only bled more, so I'm not gonna try.  It's light enough to deal with for the 4-5 days.  I'll just make sure we do very active excursions on that day so we're too tired to do anything when we get back Wink haha
    At sea, heading to Lisbon, Portugal Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Is your Aunt Flo a raging beeotch?:
    [QUOTE]Yes she is.  I hate her.  She's about to come right now and it just pisses me off.  Cramps so bad, I have to call in sick and lie w/ heating pads on front and back.  Absolutely miserable.  On the bright side, she only comes every 50 days or so, I don't keep track.  So I have no idea if she will be here for the wedding.  I hope not, since I'm near comatose when she comes... Pill doesn't work for me, but I would do it Dia, just to avoid the hassle.
    Posted by brew311[/QUOTE]

omg same here brew!!   Except I've been on BC now for over a year, so my cramps are much more manageable...but still there (actually as I type this they are there...) I used to pass out all the time from the incompacitating pain...and had to call out sick from work or go in late like clockwork- day 2 every single month...  STINKS!!   Also, if the pill dosn't work for you, I highly recommend the CVS Menstrual formula...theres something special about it.  :)
    May 2006 image
  • I have such rageful PMS it's awful.

I'd like to spend PMS and DMS in the red tent eating and sleeping.
  • In Response to Re: Is your Aunt Flo a raging beeotch?:Jess, I was on the Nuvaring.  I LOVED it.  I might just go back on it for a month or two.
    [QUOTE] If you go back on BC now, aren't you worried about your body adjusting?  I thought it takes a couple of months to get a routine going - it's been a while for me so I don't remember exactly. 
    Posted by SusieQ1981[/QUOTE]

Hmm.....I think when I started up on it, Aunt Flo immediately fell in line.  I can't remember exactly.  It's a very good question.  
    TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    [QUOTE]...and once again, I'm glad I no longer have to worry about Aunt Flo ever again!
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

Me neither!  Part of me is really glad that I don't have to deal with it!  On the other side it really sucks because now that I am with a man I love, I would give anything to have his baby! 

A funny side note.....I did have to explain to FI who AF was.  His teenage daughter posted something on her FB about AF being in town for a visit while they were camping.  He responded to her post "Who is AF? There is no one in the family named Flo"  I died laughing when I saw it.  I love my dork :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AF is here now in all her glory!  I am hating that I have high Blood pressure. now.  I had been on some form of BC since I was 16 with hormones which was wonderful.  Now that i have high BP I cant have the hormones and have the IUD that is hormone free.  Its great knowing that I am covered in the baby department for now but its makes flow act like she did the firsst couple years she came to visit a major pain! LOL   Poor FI has me one week my DD next week and only has a week and a half of no raging hormones LOL

but thankfully my AF has changed and will NOT be visiting for the wedding ....one less guest to worry about LOL
    image wedding countdown
  • I have mirena I haven't had a period since I found out I was preggers with my daughter!
  • Thank God for the pill keeping it under control for me... although I'm sure I'll be needing to do a little switcheroo and manipulating around the wedding. I refuse to have it on the wedding or for the honeymoon.. I've waited long enough for this shiz.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    [QUOTE]Me neither!  Part of me is really glad that I don't have to deal with it!  On the other side it really sucks because now that I am with a man I love, I would give anything to have his baby!  A funny side note.....I did have to explain to FI who AF was.  His teenage daughter posted something on her FB about AF being in town for a visit while they were camping.  He responded to her post "Who is AF? There is no one in the family named Flo"  I died laughing when I saw it.  I love my dork :)
    Posted by mma3[/QUOTE]

Did you have a hysterectomy too?
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is your Aunt Flo a raging beeotch? : omg same here brew!!   Except I've been on BC now for over a year, so my cramps are much more manageable...but still there (actually as I type this they are there...) I used to pass out all the time from the incompacitating pain...and had to call out sick from work or go in late like clockwork- day 2 every single month...  STINKS!!   Also, if the pill dosn't work for you, I highly recommend the CVS Menstrual formula...theres something special about it.  :)
    Posted by tommynkristen[/QUOTE]
    I will totally try it, thanks for the rec!  Anything that can help, I'm all for it!  Thanks :)
    Photobucket

Anniversary

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is your Aunt Flo a raging beeotch? : Did you have a hysterectomy too?
    Posted by Musicheals71[/QUOTE]

Yes, I had a partial done when I was 23.  I am grateful to be painfree, but on the baby thing still bothers me sometimes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm planning on using BC to manipulate too, I should be getting a visit tomorrow.  If everything works out as planned AF will be here the week before the wedding so I will be clear for the wedding and the honeymoon.... YEAH I hope everything works out as planned
    Photobucket
    [QUOTE]AF is here now in all her glory!  I am hating that I have high Blood pressure. now.  I had been on some form of BC since I was 16 with hormones which was wonderful.  Now that i have high BP I cant have the hormones and have the IUD that is hormone free.  Its great knowing that I am covered in the baby department for now but its makes flow act like she did the firsst couple years she came to visit a major pain! LOL 
    Posted by HEATHERM10[/QUOTE]

Same here, although I almost never had cramps or PMS prior to the IUD.
    But, luckily I'm probably not going to be PMSing and definitely not have to deal with AF on my wedding.
    [QUOTE]Yes, I had a partial done when I was 23.  I am grateful to be painfree, but on the baby thing still bothers me sometimes.
    Posted by mma3[/QUOTE]

I had a partial done at 36.  I never got to have children, but I'm not all that upset about it.  Cats are wayyy easier to care for!
  • Ugh, AF has been meaner the past couple months. And she'd going to be here for the wedding week, but she will be departing by the wedding night. I thought about manipulating to not have to deal with it that week, but I'm going to be brave & I'm happy our honeymoon will be AF free!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :) image
  • Music and mma...I'm in the same boat but had a total H.  It makes me very sad ALL of the time...but my FI is so totally awesome about it. 
    Girls-your doc can help!!!  Let them know you don't want it to be the date of your wedding/honeymoon or week before and they can have you take your bcpill straight without a break!  You don't have to have Aunt Flo visit for the entire month!!!!!!!  Seriously...and it will not hurt your health!!!  CAll your docs NOW!!!!!
    So Happily Married to the Love of my Life! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah, I don't know what I was thinking. I usually get around three or so days of cramps so bad that I can't get out of bed. It starts on the 14/15, and my wedding is on a 19. Hopefully I'll be able to plan ahead and get things done before the days when I'll be out of comission.
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v233/lily_ooc/30ku6ig.jpg[/IMG]
    Sept 2011 Moms siggy challenge: Summertime fun - Beer Festival :)
  • I just went back on the pill and have no idea how it's going to pan out for the wedding. It's been a crazy year for "lady issues" over here so everything's off track and unpredictable. Boo.
    BabyName Ticker
  • I'm on BC, but luckily AF will be here the week before the wedding and about 3 days after we get back from the honeymoon. PERFECT!
    [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/xaukpu.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/25u7l35.jpg[/IMG]
  • I love manipulating AF... My BC is amazing, and I will have the unforntunate visit from her not the week leading up to the wedding, but the week before. Then nothing for the wedding or the HM. YAY! Then I'm done taking BC.. That's a little scary for me, as I don't really track that stuff normally. I love taking my pills and only having that visit every 7 weeks. :)
    IAmPregnant Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards