• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Friday Confessions

So I've been sick the past couple days and while home, I'll admit I was stalking my registries a bit.  Which only depressed me more, because only 3 things total out of 2 registries had been bought (1st shower isn't until next weekend).  But I would like to confess that I just checked my target registry again, and I'm amazed at how excited I get seeing that I now also have a napkin holder, Cook book stand, and a spoon rest. 

ah, it's the simple things in life I guess!

Next up?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Friday Confessions

• I confess that I am ridiculously excited that THIS is my 500th post! Yay bronze medal!
  • I confess that even though money is tight for the next few months, I'm seriously coveting like 5 different pairs of shoes. 

I don't go through these 'gotta shop' phases often, why am I having one now?
    murrayed
  • I confess I didnt bring my lunch today and I really dont  care at this point! Its gonna be what its gonna be this balancing of dont gain dont loose stay where you are is driving me nuts!
  • I confess I'm planning to eat a TON of S'mores this weekend-- and then going on a FRESH FOOD only diet until the week before the wedding  after camping--- 

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• I confess the past 3 days I've been very disappointed while checking my mail, no reply cards in 3 days!! At first I was getting from 1-3 a day, now, nothing, and some stuff has been bought off the registries, but that has come to a stand still also!
    The bridal shower is next weekend, and I know my family is a bunch of procrastinators and will wait to the last minute for stuff, which I keep telling myself that to make me feel better!

First pic, march 29, 2009!

BFP #1 3/27/07-M/C 8weeks 5/3/07 "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away." 1/16/13:7dpo Progesterone blood draw, low progesterone/weak ovulation, 50mg Clomid CD5-9 Baseline u/s on 2/4 showed I ovulated about an hour before my appointment! IUI #1+trigger=BFP!!! BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I confess that I just zero'd out the balance on my Target credit card, and I'm itching to go rack it up again already! haha nono, bad ashley!
    BabyName Ticker
  • I confess I maxed out TWO credit cards, thanks to car repairs and WR items.
  • I confess that I had the most spoiled brattish thought ever when I got a wedding gift in the mail from my auntie and uncle.  It was a $99 calphalon panini grill w/  press that was on sale for $49, that I'm super excited for but.... my uncle is worth a couple million.  I've had single, broke family members give 3 times that.

[when did I become so entitled!?!? ick]
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_friday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:594Discussion:3cfa12fe-95c5-4dc7-9dc4-741df142c640Post:1b62ba0e-5102-4037-a186-7215d7f6a9c1">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that even though money is tight for the next few months, I'm seriously coveting like 5 different pairs of shoes.  I don't go through these 'gotta shop' phases often, why am I having one now?
    Posted by nhelene[/QUOTE]

Uh, this is me.  I spent so much money yesterday that I won't even tell FI how much it was, just that it was 'a lot but I saved a lot'.  And I'm still going shopping tomorrow..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Oh I can't have store credit cards anymore either.  I learned my lesson in college.  My credit report lists them all and I cringe - even though they're all fine (paid on time, closed now) the sheer number of them is embarassing.
  • I confess that I am almost done with everything! I have programs left and then the rest is waiting game. I love it :-)
  • I confess that I think I am going over budget.
    I'm thinking about doing all kinds of beauty things that I didn't plan on in the beginning.
    I bought TWO pairs of shoes for the wedding.   I can't decide which ones I want to wear more....hmmm....should get your opinions...And I keep adding decor stuff like hanging lanterns and I want add rose petals to mark all the grass walkways.  I need to stop!
    TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I confess that I would like to "forget" to pick up FMIL at the airport today.. but promise I that I will be there smiling and waiting for her the moment she steps off the plane.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I confess that I added some more things to our registry even though FI told me not too. He says we dont have room in our apt but I think it will be ok :o)
  • I confess that I haven't done much work this week.

I confess that I think I'm almost done doing wedding things. I don't feel like I have so much left to do. Getting the rest of my bathroom basket and bride emergency kit stuff tonight at Target.
  • I confess that I feel super guilty about being on here this week.  I have a ton of work to do, and I've been really good about staying away from here during the days since I got my new job.  But this week I just can't focus.  I don't want to work.  Not even a little bit.

I confess that I got jealous last night when I saw that FI's brother posted pics of his bach party on FB.  I don't ever get that way.  I trust him.  I'm one of those girls that doesn't care about strippers, girl friends, etc.  But when I saw the pics of FI literally surrounded by visibly drunk girls in skimpy bikinis (He was in Mexico) I got kinda pissed.  It's much different than a stripper who gets paid for it, ya know?
    Vacation

Vacation
  • i confess that i am so jealous of all of you right now for A)not having credit card debt as high as mine B)being able to consider shopping and C)having fun things in store for the weekend.  

i also confess that for the last two nights in a row i ate horribly.  and i cried after both times.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_friday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:594Discussion:3cfa12fe-95c5-4dc7-9dc4-741df142c640Post:de28ef49-f926-4047-86f8-ea55886dd240">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]i confess that i am so jealous of all of you right now for A)not having credit card debt as high as mine B)being able to consider shopping and C)having fun things in store for the weekend.   i also confess that for the last two nights in a row i ate horribly.  and i cried after both times.
    Posted by shauni27[/QUOTE]
    :(<div>makes me sad</div><div>
    </div><div>also...I have debt, I just don't talk about it ;)  </div><div>It probably makes you more responsible cause at least you're addressing it and open about it.    Think about it this way...you're stressing about money, some people are struggling with ILs and their mom's etc.   EVERYONE has problems.  I'd much rather worry about money than relatives.  Don't be jealous of anyone Shauni :)</div><div>
    </div><div>Also you're SUPER pretty...I bet there are people jealous of you.</div>
    TTC since 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_friday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:594Discussion:3cfa12fe-95c5-4dc7-9dc4-741df142c640Post:a34552b4-46b5-4e1f-9e93-9afa8aeb0fa7">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I would like to "forget" to pick up FMIL at the airport today.. but promise I that I will be there smiling and waiting for her the moment she steps off the plane.
    Posted by Sierra_85[/QUOTE]
    hahahahahahah<div>just saw this.</div><div>Nice.</div>
    TTC since 2010
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I confess that when we updated our registry this week, we couldn't find anything to add to it in the price points we needed, so we registered for a bunch of stuff we don't need or want (and in some cases already have brand new), just so we can return it later. (C'mon people, cash gifts would save me so much trouble!!)

I also confess that I have tons of work to do but I'm so frustrated with the client today I'm surfing here instead so I don't explode at the next interruption.
  • I confess that I'm going to KILL my photographer.  Nearly 2 weeks after we took our e-pics and still have not received any teasers.  When we took the photos he said they would be ready in 3 days.  I emailed him on Monday and he said I would have them Monday night or Tuesday afternoon.  It's freaking Friday and I haven't seen sh!t.  I am so pissed.  If he can't keep his word about the e-pics it has me wondering about the wedding pics.  He was going on vacation to Hawaii and I bet he won't have them ready until he comes back.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_friday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:3cfa12fe-95c5-4dc7-9dc4-741df142c640Post:de28ef49-f926-4047-86f8-ea55886dd240">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]   i also confess that for the last two nights in a row i ate horribly.  and i cried after both times.
    Posted by shauni27[/QUOTE]

Ugh, I was so upset last night - FI made dinner without checking with me first, and he made something pretty unhealthy - and I had had a lunch out with co-workers yesterday and was planning on having broth & veggies or something like that for supper to make up for it. I couldn't even tell him because I want him to take the initiative with cooking more often. But it means massive extra workouts this weekend :( I've totally plateaued on my weight and it sucks.
  • Yeah, like LTB, I'm shopping with coupons and if I can't find what I want/need for a reasonable price, I'm just going without.

FI was kind of mad last night because I was shopping for clothes for a work-related conference, and he thinks it's unfair that I have to spend money on new clothes when it wasn't my choice to go.  But I tried to explain that most people HAVE dressy business clothes, I'm just a slob who never had a real job.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_friday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:3cfa12fe-95c5-4dc7-9dc4-741df142c640Post:8d53c915-e426-43e3-bb99-5f62a31fe002">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Confessions : :( makes me sad also...I have debt, I just don't talk about it ;)   It probably makes you more responsible cause at least you're addressing it and open about it.    <strong>Think about it this way...you're stressing about money, some people are struggling with ILs and their mom's etc.   EVERYONE has problems. </strong> I'd much rather worry about money than relatives.  Don't be jealous of anyone Shauni :) Also you're SUPER pretty...I bet there are people jealous of you.
    Posted by diablesse[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  It's hard to remember this when you're caught up in your own problems, but you need to remind yourself!

LTB, sorry about FI being cheap.  Mine is too, but he's been really good about paying for the honeymoon.  I've taken care of most everything else, all the little things, the venue deposit, my dress.  But we're going to need some external funding soon once everyone expects to be paid!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_friday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:3cfa12fe-95c5-4dc7-9dc4-741df142c640Post:f9237b64-e85a-4ae2-a016-f62be0e9d66f">Re: Friday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I had the most spoiled brattish thought ever when I got a wedding gift in the mail from my auntie and uncle.  It was a $99 calphalon panini grill w/  press that was on sale for $49, that I'm super excited for but.... my uncle is worth a couple million.  I've had single, broke family members give 3 times that. [when did I become so entitled!?!? ick]
    Posted by golden1215[/QUOTE]

It's shameful, but I would probably be thinking the same thing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th
  • I confess that I'm still splurging on small things when I really should be saving that money. Especially since I don't have a job lined up after...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess that I am spending way more than I should too, and that when I got the money back from our original honeymoon, I spent almost half of it on random things that we didn't need. I also confess that I hate my job and I think it is making me depressed. I can't stand the drive, my boss, or the work/lack of trust that they have in me. I also confess that I poured half a bottle of wine into our new stemless wine glass, and I intent to drink ALL of it, while I sit at home alone, and order a pizza for dinner. 
    IAmPregnant Ticker Photobucket
  • I confess that my FI & I want to run away and get married. No big deal...just don't want a big wedding and all that goes with it. Am I crazy?
    I think this is why we are dragging our feet on a venue...wow! I finally said it. *HUGE SIGH*
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe
  • I confess I want to be a SAHW, but don't think FI and I will ever be able to afford it. He doesn't have a lot of work around the house because I'm picky about how it's done...if I could just be a SAHW I would take over everything.

I confess I'm worried none of my dad's side of the family will fill out their rsvp, so I will have to call them, and either be told they're not coming or have them say they're coming and not come. I'm pretty sure this is because of my parents divorce and it hurts my feelings that it seems like I lost my "dad's side blood" to them. I confess if they don't come, they will never hear from me again.

I confess I've written about 5 vents this week and didn't post them. Felt like an idiot.

I confess FI and I have been talking about kids lately and it has me scared to death. I want to have kids, but I'm not sure when. FI says to get off birth control and whatever happens, happens. No one is willing to talk to me about it. Any time I try to bring it up they tell me "we'll deal with it after the wedding."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards