• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Hooray Its Tuesday!!!

YAY...............we are one day closer to friday??

Hows everyone doing? Anything exciting or eventful happen last nite?

FI and lil sister finished building our photo card box, I made dinner then sat by the pool while they swam!!

Tonite I have school boooooooooooooo!

Re: Hooray Its Tuesday!!!

• Got pics of the card box?

I had my hair trial yesterday!!  hopefully my friend will send me the pictures today so I can post them (I left my camera at home).

Seating chart tonight seating chart tonight seating chart tonight.

If I repeat it enough times it may actually happen!
    murrayed
  • Good Morning Everyone -
    FI and I finished up our play and do not play list and sent it over to the DJ. I also changed some of the seating around since we still don't know if 5 people are coming or not. I broke the family of 5 up - I don't care, I don't want an empty table.

I also wrote my Mom back to the email she sent me about picking her and my Dad up after I'm done getting my hair done, etc and basically let her know that's probably not going to happen. I feel better now.

I also had a few beers when I got home and vented to FI who listened and agreed with me that - that whole situation is not cool. Way to have my back FI. :)

Anyway - it's a new day today! It's Tuesday and more importantly...one more day until the 1st of September!!! :)
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • Urg this week and next week just need to be over. I was STUPID and listened to FI when I got a call from Victoria's Secret to come in for an interview. (I dropped off the application over a month before) I went, they offered me a job, I was stupid and couldn't say no. So now I am training for them...and working at Starbucks, this week and next I'm working 60+ hours/week, plus I have to finish all the wedding stuff I have left (before the 12th, that's when we have to drop everything off at the venue) and try to find time to spend with FI and DS, while also fitting in our prior commitments. WTH! Screw my life. So yesterday I left the house at 8:45 to drop off DS and head to training, then I went straight to Starbucks and got home at 10:45 last night. At least today I just have work at 4 so hopefully this afternoon I will knock a lot of things off that checklist of mine.

Ok thing turned into a rant/vent. Sept 18...just get here already.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• mullen24mullen24 member
    1000 Comments
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Hooray Its Tuesday!!!:
    [QUOTE]Got pics of the card box? I had my hair trial yesterday!!  hopefully my friend will send me the pictures today so I can post them (I left my camera at home). Seating chart tonight seating chart tonight seating chart tonight. If I repeat it enough times it may actually happen!
    Posted by nhelene[/QUOTE]

Yes I will post the pictures once I get home..........the last piece I need for it is the lazy susan!
  • In Response to Re: Hooray Its Tuesday!!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hooray Its Tuesday!!! : Yes I will post the pictures once I get home..........the last piece I need for it is the lazy susan!
    Posted by mullen24[/QUOTE]

A rotating card box?  This sounds complex.
    murrayed
  • Had our final DJ meeting last night.  Luckily he didn't charge us extra for playing therapist too.  Got all the details worked out, so hopefully we won't have to meet with him again before the wedding...woohoo!

RSVP deadline is tomorrow - about 25 outstanding yet - mostly from 2 specific families who are notorious for being late about everything.  So I'll likely be calling thme early next week.

Tonight - table numbers and day-of timeline.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker For two people in a marriage to live together day after day is unquestionably the one miracle the Vatican has overlooked. PersonalMilestone
  • tuesday!  my wedding ticker says "4 days left!"  eek.  today is my last day of work, thankthesweetlordbabyjesus.

last night gerren and i raked the field where the wedding tent was going.  in 90 degree sunny heat.  i was DYING.  blisters galore.  so sweaty (the sweat literally rolled off of my body.  so sexy.)  meanwhile, gerren looked incredibly hot and attractive doing the same work that was killing me.  needless to say, after 2 hours of raking, we still have at least another two hours to go.  

tonight: work on the trees for the tent poles.
    wednesday: gerren has second interview in the AM then we go to meet the tent people.  they set up the tent, we rake and set up the bonfire and then set up the tables and chairs.
    thursday: set up tables and chairs more, start decorating tent, set up huppah.
    friday: finish setting up!!!  hopefully set out haybales for seating (if its not raining)
    saturday: marry my hunky yard worker :)
  • Mullen - we have a rotating card box too!!

Last night I made the ceremony music CD's.

Then FI's mom decided to poke her crazy head out of the woodwork and try to tell us she's coming now.... in 5 days.... sorry lady, it's not happening!  Then she continued to call well into the night even after FI told her we were SLEEPING.  I don't even have words to describe this situation anymore.  There might be a hair pulling throwdown come this weekend if she shows.

Today, I'm leaving work early to go deliver all of our goodies to the florist, reception and ceremony places.  My house is finally (almost) cleaned out!
    [QUOTE]tuesday!  my wedding ticker says "4 days left!"  eek.  today is my last day of work, thankthesweetlordbabyjesus. last night gerren and i raked the field where the wedding tent was going.  in 90 degree sunny heat.  i was DYING.  blisters galore.  so sweaty (the sweat literally rolled off of my body.  so sexy.)  meanwhile, gerren looked incredibly hot and attractive doing the same work that was killing me.  needless to say, after 2 hours of raking, we still have at least another two hours to go.   tonight: work on the trees for the tent poles. wednesday: gerren has second interview in the AM then we go to meet the tent people.  they set up the tent, we rake and set up the bonfire and then set up the tables and chairs. thursday: set up tables and chairs more, start decorating tent, set up huppah. friday: finish setting up!!!  hopefully set out haybales for seating (if its not raining) saturday: marry my hunky yard worker :)
    Posted by shauni27[/QUOTE]

This is great! I love it! Ha! Get some gloves so you don't have gigantic blisters all over your hands!
    Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • Mary Mullen, I hope we can squeeze in a visit to each other when you're up here in the South Jersey/Philly area!  I'm not going on my HM until the end of October, so I will have time on my hands, but I know you will be very busy!
  • I spent last night drinking and then went to bed at 9p (I so needed it ... and three beers to get me there so there you go). Then I woke up at 2a and was up until 3:30a thinking about the wedding. Sigh. I don't think I'm going to get a full night's sleep until AFTER 09/05!

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hooray Its Tuesday!!! : This is great! I love it! Ha! Get some gloves so you don't have gigantic blisters all over your hands!
    Posted by arosem23[/QUOTE]

dude, we both wore gloves--and we both got awful blisters.  we suck.
  • edited August 2010
    Alright stop, collaborate and listen: FI FINALLY PURCHASED SOME GROOMSMEN GIFTS. It's been on his to do list since June 20. I nearly had a heart attack. I don't know what he got and I don't care, but it's at least halfway done.

Last night I made a lasangna and froze it to take to the shore with us (we're there the week before and after the wedding, trying to make and freeze some stuff so I'm not cooking).

That's about it!
  • Holla holla' to all the above: yard work, groomy gifts, hunky hubs-to-be, heavy drinking, tents, ceremony music.

I love all of you and just want a big group hugggggg! I know these last 2 hours will really be the only time I can be on here all week! I have to get ready to say goodbye!!!!!!!! Why is that making me so emotional?!

I loveeeeeeeeee you guys!
  • WEEEEEEEEEEE GROUP HUG
  • I'm in for a group hug, last night was the first night I could not sleep because my mind was just racing with wedding details.

last night we meet with teh DJ to finalize songs and timeline, I'm so happy with him I think he will be great.

We also met with the Radisson, our reception location, finalized all the details gave final headcount (129) and paid off the dinner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   HUGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Photobucket
  • WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!    one more day closer lol
    image wedding countdown
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards