• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Oh FI.

Why can't I get it through his head that the invitations need to go out.  Like yesterday.  Our hotels have a booking deadline of July 20th - I know ridiculous.  And no invites are out... 75% of the guest list is OOT. 

I tell him today that someone he wants invited wasn't on my master list - his reply oh my mom probably has it (she is doing the calligraphy on the invites)  I say um.. if the guest isn't on MY list she's not on your mom's either... cause I MADE HERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What's he say to me...?    We'll see.    

We'll see about what exactly my dear?  I don't even know what that means.  

ARRRRRGGGGGGHhhhhhhh.  Deep breath.  It's definitely a 3 glasses of wine kinda night. 

Anyone else suffering through this? Everyone suffering through this? 
[IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]

Re: Oh FI.

• gerren does this nightly.  about everything wedding related.  "oh, we will do it later.  lets talk about it later.  not now"  really?  when, mother f*cker??
  • Hahaha god. Every night the same thing, me too. I just want to shake him and say "There is no putting this off. There's no someone else will do it. We either do it or it doesn't get done!"

I love how his newest approach is just to say "geez, you're so on edge. i could tell you were going to be in bad mood since you got home." he knows this automatically gives him the upper hand and makes me look crazy.

HATEHATE.
  • Im exact opposite. The other nite FI was like lets work on the rest of the invites and i came up witht the I don't need to have them out for another 2 weeks. If I was your FI you would kill me :-)
  • It's so much better now that FI is not in school (we both work full time and are both working on graduate school).  We got our e-pics, and it took us 2 months to decide on one so that we could send out STD's!!  I asked him about it all the time, and it took us 2.5 months to get the picture chosen!!  AGG!!

Last night I was trying to order an 8x10 to go into a picture frame I just ordered as a parents gift, and he didn't want to look at them.  It's aggravating because he wants to be involved in decision making, but doesn't want to take the time to do it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th
  • In Response to Re: Oh FI.:
    [QUOTE]gerren does this nightly.  about everything wedding related.  "oh, we will do it later.  lets talk about it later.  not now"  really?  when, mother f*cker??
    Posted by shauni27[/QUOTE]

lol this made me laugh so hard!
    When my FI doesnt want to do the things we need to get done... i just start listing everything that needs to get done. I could go on forever and then he finally gets the point.
    We sent out the invites last saturday and when we were putting them together he said "wow... we're really getting married" UM YEAH! it finally hit him and now hes very into helping. lol almost two months before the wedding and he now he gets it.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • In Response to Re: Oh FI.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Oh FI. : lol this made me laugh so hard! When my FI doesnt want to do the things we need to get done... i just start listing everything that needs to get done. I could go on forever and then he finally gets the point. We sent out the invites last saturday and when we were putting them together he said "wow... we're really getting married" UM YEAH! it finally hit him and now hes very into helping. lol almost two months before the wedding and he now he gets it.
    Posted by jmplasket[/QUOTE]

Better late than never, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th
  • hahaha

This reminds me of the conversation I had with my FI yesterday via gmail chat.
    (he sent me the first part from the movie American Pyscho)

Chris:  Evelyn Williams: Thousands of roses and lots of chocolate truffles. Godiva, and oysters in the half-shell. 
    Patrick Bateman: [Bateman narrating] I'm trying to listen to the new Robert Palmer tape, but Evelyn, my supposed fiancée, keeps buzzing in myear. 
    Evelyn Williams: Annie Leibovitz. We'll get Annie Leibovitz. And we'll have to get someone to videotape. Patrick, we should do it. 
    Patrick Bateman: Do what? 
    Evelyn Williams: Get married. Have a wedding. 
    Patrick Bateman: No, I can't take the time off work. 
    Evelyn Williams: Your father practically owns the company. You can do anything you like, silly. 
    Patrick Bateman: I don't want to talk about it. 
    Evelyn Williams: You hate that job anyway. I don't see why you just don't quit. 
    Patrick Bateman: Because I want to fit in.
     Sent at 3:17 PM on Tuesday
     me:  wow....that's like excatly the conversation I have with you everyday
     Sent at 3:19 PM on Tuesday
     me:  Alicia: Paper flowers for the ceremony and orchids for the reception.
    Chris: [Chirs narrating] I'm trying to watch the Phillies, but Alicia, my supposed fiancée, keeps buzzing in my ear. 
    Alicia: Clair Pruet. We'll get them to do the photos and video.  Your mum loved them and the pricing is decent.  I have the contract right here.Chris, we should do it. 
    Chris: Do what? 
    Alicia: Get married. Have a wedding.
    Chris: No, I can't take the time off work. 
    Alicia: You negotiated your contract to allow you to take 2 days off a week. You can do anything you like, silly. 
    Chris: I don't want to talk about it. 
    Alicia: We have so much sh*t we need to do, I dunno why you can't take a day to work some of it out.
    Chris: Cause then I won't see Jeffy
     Sent at 3:23 PM on Tuesday

Jeffy is his bf and they work together
    TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My FI isn't too bad, but I don't usually ask him for help. I don't even know if he really knows what our invites look like. Haha... The only thing he needs to do is make sure the boys get their tuxes and help me with music. Everything else is covered... Although, he's asking a lot more questions about what he can do to help lately.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Photobucket
  • omg alicia that's hilarious! ahahahahah
  • i am totally with thatjessie. FI wants to get everything done yesterday and i'm like we still have time haha. Its only about wedding stuff though, in everything else he is Mr. Procrastinator.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards