Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Dress Shopping

Hey!  I have a very particular question and I'm sure many people won't be able to respond.  It's okay!

I live in Center City Philadelphia and am looking for bridal shops in suburban Philly (PA side).  Does anyone know anything about the following bridal shops?

1. Formals XO (Langhorne, PA)
2. Baranette (Willow Grove, PA)
3. Coronet Bridal Shoppe (Feasterville, PA)
4. Country Bride (Bensalem, PA)

I'm just curious if they have a nice selection, nice sales people, a place to avoid...?  Thanks for any help!

If no one knows, then no one knows, but I thought here would be a decent place to seek some initial feedback.

Re: Dress Shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Baranette is a smaller shop but I know one of the ladies that works there, Kim, she is really nice.  They do have a nice selection.

Country Bride is nice, I did not go to that location, I went to the one in Lansdale. I found my dress and it was under 1k. I am not sure of your budget...

I think I have heard nice things about Coronet.  Did you look on the Philly blog (link in siggy) for girls that have gotten dresses there?
  • Options
    mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coronet Bridal has a decent selection, especially Maggie Sottero and Allure dresses from what I remember. I found their prices to be a bit on the higher side, but I would say its worth a shot going there to try some dresses on. I had a good experience but my FSIL said that the staff was rude to her when she went. I went during the week and she went on a Saturday, so maybe it was busier when she went which made her feel like they were rude. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really liked Baranette Bridal and Donna was so helpful.  I didn't end up getting my dress there only because the dress I really wanted had a corset that I wanted switched out with a zipper and they couldn't do it.  But they do send you a thank you after your visit and are willing to order a dress if you don't see it in the store but want to try it by a designer they do carry. 

• Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Country Bride in Bensalem.  I've been to both locations.  Yvonne, I think, helped me out and she was wonderful.  I highly recommend them!
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I found my dress at Country Bride in Bensalem and Yvonne helped me as well. I didn't think they had a huge selection, but their prices were the best I saw. I went to look at a different store before going there (L&H in Philadelphia), which I thought had a larger selection, then went to Country Bride to buy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lizelle's bridal in Havertown-- i spent less than half of my original budget
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my!

THANK YOU!

I really expected this to have no responses when I came back this morning. I'm mainly looking for Mori Lee (but will look at anything the shop carries) and I'd like to stay under $1k. 

Thank you so much again!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Joy!  

You should also check out Sabrina Ann's in Ardmore http://www.sabrinaann.com/
    and the Sample Rack http://www.thesamplerackpa.com, for great dresses under $1,000.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my Mori Lee at Coronet. They have a TON of dresses under $1000. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards