Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Anyone use Oriental Trading?

I ordered umbrellas from them for my studen'ts dance recital (Singin in the Rain) and now I get catalogs from them in the mail.  I just got a wedding one.  How's the quality of their merchandise?  Their prices seem pretty good. 
Photobucket

Re: Anyone use Oriental Trading?

• Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered paper parasols from them for the wedding. The prices were very good. The quality isn't outstanding, but for the price you can't beat it.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was looking at the personalized napkins and even the placecard holders (although I really want to use pumpkins if our guest list isn't too high).  I worry that the napkins are just flimsy though.  I look around at the knot store too.  They have good sales sometimes but I just worry about buying stuff online/catalog.  I like to physically see/feel things. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

TK has great sales. I ordered stuff when they had a big sale, the price was def great and the quality I think is better on TK then OT. I think OT is fine when it's stuff for kids, but for a wedding you may want to be careful.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can't speak for OT but TK has nice napkins, I ordered some when they were on sale, and then realized they are always on sale, but you should order them from TK. They are good quality.
  • Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i also have napkins from TK and they came out well.
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got our cake cutter & knife from OT and both are really nice.  I've also ordered stuff from them for teaching supplies.  I didn't get much stuff from them for the wedding, though, b/c I shopped around online and found cheaper prices.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    good to know...I'll do some more looking around.  I'm not looking to buy anything right now just good to know the best places to look.  Thanks everyone :)  I think I'm going to do napkins from TK.  I like their totes too for my bms.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Oriental Trading, *L* I always get special pencils for the kids at school from them, and stickers.  My mom bought bags for out out-of-town welcome bags from them and also got little personalized mints.  They were cute.  Quality is commensurate with the price but definitely a VERY good deal for what you pay!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used them a lot of for cheerleading.  You are getting what you pay for, I think.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards