Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

George Street Photo & video -Help

Are there any Philly or South Jersey brides that have used George Street? Im having some anxiety about using them because I can not find any reviews for them in this area and they dont let you meet your photographers until after you book. Any feedback would be great!

Re: George Street Photo & video -Help

• Options
    Hey- we are using George Street for photo and video. Our wedding in not until next October. My FI's sister used them for her wedding in May and they were great for that. So far I have had nothing but a good experience with them. You will meet with a consultant and they will bring samples of all of their albums and other products. The consultant will go over all the pricing and all also. After you book they will send you a "style test". It is basically about 20 pages with 4 pictures on each page and you pick your favorite from the 4. They determine what you want in a photographer and then they will send you two portfolios of photographers that shoot in that style. When we got our two portfolios we were not in LOVE with either one. I asked for another one or two and the gladly sent me more and we chose who we liked best based on their portfolios. Our engagement photos are scheduled for 2 weeks from now, I guess I'll have some more feedback then! Hope this helps a little!!
  • Options
    I, too, didn't know anyone who used them and ended up deciding against it. I was very nervous to not meet my photographer. I figured this is someone who is going to be talking to my entire family, coworkers, my parents' coworkers, ect. For me, it was important that I considered them thoughtful and professional. Also, it was very important for me to see an album from start to finish, and they don't offer that option saying hand selected photos would give me a sense of the day. I don't agree for something that costs thousands of dollars.

Had I known someone personally who used them, I think that would have set my mind more at ease.

Also, as someone who hires freelancers all the time, I do think photographers who own the business are slightly more invested. That's just a bias I have though.

Decent prices though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards