• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

finally!

We have a photographer!!!  Laughing

It took us forever to meet with someone (don't get me started on FIs 'schedule'), but a friend of a friend is going to do our wedding!  I'm really excited because I love his work, and he's doing it amazingly cheap.  He's going to do e-pics and spend the entire day of the wedding with us for half what I was hoping to spend, giving us rights to an unlimited amount of high res photos (however many he takes) which he'll post on a site and give us on an external drive, along with an album of our faorites and a few prints. 

And since he's not MY friend, I don't have the normal issues of hiring a friend - it's not someone we ever see socially, so I'll have no problem speaking my mind if need be (but I don't forsee that being an issue).  Whew, it's a giant relief!  If you like to stalk photog websites (like me), here's his:
http://www.davegkugler.com/
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: finally!

• Congrats on the check! Gosh, it seems like by not setting firm goals and having defined checks we all wanted to make this month because of the holidays, we're actually getting more done than we could have expected!
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • Haha I agree, this has been a pretty productive month, because we booked our DJ and musicians too!  Honestly, that's 2/3 of the big checks we had left!
  • Awesome!! His stuff looks GREAT--- just got done checkin him out! You know me-- STALKER!! LOL
    Congrats lady :o)

Datsyuks & Ferdy- We Go Together Like...

• Yay thanks Ferdy!  I love photog websites.  It's like a weird sick addiction, especially considering how long it takes to go through all the pics!!  I'm so freaking happy about the whole thing - he's giving us more than I could have hoped for, for WAY less.  I actually choked on my coffee when he told us the price.  It's just really nice to have something work out, when everything else is crazy!
  • DatsyuksMommyDatsyuksMommy member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2009
    Sometimes those photog websites are a gold mine, like when I found a classmate of mine who got married at the same venue I am using, and who wore basically a carbon copy of her senior prom dress. The dress was tacky at prom, and it still didn't look that great on her at her wedding. I felt ashamed of myself, but I chuckled inside cuz I never liked her.
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • Oooh Datsyuks you are bad!!! :)

Actually, I was googling the venue we were originally thinking about using, the chapel at the college we attended, for pictures of weddings there to show my mom.  I found a wedding...Turned out it was a girl that we knew who lived in the same dorm as us freshman year, and three of her four bridesmaids were also our dorm-mates!  It was so wild.
  • Congratulations! Loved the site!
  • I totally got consumed in his blog. I am going to try his smoke signal technique =) His work is great! He seems like a really cool dude. Congrats!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards