• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Next Big Purchases

...sorry I'm really really bored.

So now that the wedding is over (sorry if this has been asked before) what are your next planned Big Purchases? Dave and I reallllly want to buy a new TV (we have a mayyyybe 30 inch big and boxy one from the 90s) and are thinking about shopping on Black Friday for it. Other than that, we're going to be in the market to buy a house in the spring.

It's all a little jarring since the wedding really wiped us out. On top of it all, we want to pay off a lot of credit card debt, etc. which should be interesting given the Holidays being so close and all the gifts, travel involved in that...

How about you?!

Re: Next Big Purchases

• J wants a tv too and we've found one but I'm trying to talk him into waiting to see the deals for Black Friday. I really (REALLY) want a kitchen table. We have one that he had but it's small, round with 2 chairs, and since we have an actual dining room in the house we'll be moving into, I want a table. So that's the big thing we'll be saving for

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • A house!  We rent now & have for 2 yrs but Im so over it and ready to own.

A week before wedding I got a new Tahoe for wedding gift but that was last month :)
    Boyd & Jen 9.17.10
  • Our next big big purchase will be a loan to redo our kitchen and add on a deck. eeeeeee. That will be around March.

Before then we'll be purchasing interior doors for our house. I'd like to purchase a flat screen for the basement too and get rid of the one we have down there, which is huge and boxy. We'll see.
  • Richard wants to buy a new 50" tv.  The one we currently have is a 50" but it's one of the old school ones.  This was our first major purchase together, oh about 10 years ago.  I keep telling him to wait until Black Friday too.  It's funny because last year he lined up outside of Target at midnight to get our 32" tv we have in our room.  He's SERIOUS about Black Friday.

I want to get a new mattress set.  We desperately need a new one!  I think we'll wait a few months before we get one, unless I come across a great deal.

I want to get myself a new pair of Ugg's.  I love the Bailey button ones and I don't have a pair in Chestnut yet.  That will be my early X-mas gift to myself.

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • In Response to Re: Next Big Purchases:
    [QUOTE]A house!  We rent now & have for 2 yrs but Im so over it and ready to own. A week before wedding I got a new Tahoe for wedding gift but that was last month :)
    Posted by pbaby21[/QUOTE]

This is us!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Oh lets see I said this weekend I refuse to like home depot and lowes but it seems I will be spending the next year there!!!

We just bought a side by side fridge, brand new washer without an adjator.

This winter the kitchen is being remodeled, bathrooms are being gutted and hardwood floors are being put down and carpet is being replaced!! All upgrades to the house since DH likes things to look unique
  • We just went and bought a new fridge yesterday. It get deleivered Wed! Yay! THe one that come with our house leaks. Everything gets soaked...and it was getting really annoying but we held off until after the wedding to go get a new one. I can't wait to have a brand new fridge in the house!
  • We are starting to look at a 'new' vehicle for me. Something that will handle snow and our dirt road better than my buick and is slightly more 'family friendly'. I am leaning towards an Escape, but I have to wait until I get at least one good paycheck from subbing since I only did one day before the wedding and of course there is no school in the summer... *sigh*
     Otherwise, we are looking to get a big chest freezer and savesavesave for eventually building a house and kids. lots of saving.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • TV here for us too, our old school 36 in TV died on us about 3 weeks ago, so now we are watching my old school 32 in tv.  We are looking at a 46 in flat screen hopefully on Black Friday
  • In Response to Re: Next Big Purchases:
    [QUOTE]We are starting to look at a 'new' vehicle for me. Something that will handle snow and our dirt road better than my buick and is slightly more 'family friendly'. I am leaning towards an Escape, but I have to wait until I get at least one good paycheck from subbing since I only did one day before the wedding and of course there is no school in the summer... *sigh*  Otherwise, we are looking to get a big chest freezer and savesavesave for eventually building a house and kids. lots of saving.
    Posted by tbearsangel[/QUOTE]

I have an escape and absolutely LOVE mine!! It was my dream car and after mine died last October, I got what I've always wanted. GL!!
    [url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttb3b0e.aspx[/img][/url]
  • We're thinking about getting a second car, which some days I really need.  I think it would probably be some kind of Honda.

For the people shopping for TVs - definitely wait til Black Friday!  Jeff got a really good deal on ours last year, the sales were unbelievable.  And he was able to buy it online, rather than going out in all the craziness.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • H and I bought a mattress a few weeks ago. It is heaven. We tried 3 or 4 different places before going to JCPenney. They were having a mattress sale, we got a queen size simmons beautyrest, $1500 mattress for $596 w/taxes and coupon.

I'm hoping a new tv, mine is about 12 years old, 25" and boxy. However it works and I'd really love to get my DH an xbox for christmas. we shall see. If no tv, then I'll settle for some tickets to a Sharks game.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • We're not really planning on anything right now.  Would LOVE a new car.  My little Civic is worthless in the winter.  I spun out twice last year, so maybe DH and I will seriously talk about it.

House not really on the horizon, and we have two wonderful, giant flat screens, so those are out too.  I would really like to buy a bedroom furniture set w/ our wedding money, but DH thinks we should pay bills.  So right now, our wedding money is sitting on the counter, taunting me to be spent.  DH is always the reasonable one...
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• We spent part of our wedding money on new living room furniture that we bough a week and a half ago - we absolutely love it!  And the rest of the wedding money went to purchasing things we needed/wanted off our registry.

Our next big purchase...hmm, a car for DH.  He's been driving his dads old nissan so once we get a few thousand saved he's going to get an old jeep wrangler and fix it up...my car is only 6 yrs old and works just fine - I probably won't get a new one until we start a family since I have a 2 door.
    image Anniversary
  • House for us, and as soon as we have a bigger place/yard, a second dog.

Other than that, we are looking into surround sound system... DH has been wanting one ever since I gave him the gorgeous new TV when we got engaged.
  • First up is a caribbean trip in January ... then a new  car ... then its house-hunting time!
  • We're spending all of our money on travel - going to Tahiti/Moorea in March and planning Africa for 1yr anniversary.  We can't sit still for long without traveling. :-)
    Vacation

Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards