Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

NWR: Hey Ladies NYE Question

Hello ladies, hope all is well and everyone is doing good. All is well on my end, glad the holiday season is over at best buy. But anywho, what plans do you have for NYE. I'm stumped on what to do. I want to do something special because it's the 1 year mark for when I proposed to Jasmine, but I also want to keep costs down because this month and last month were expensive months. Also Jas has to work the next day so we can't be out too late.

Thank yoooooooou

Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!

Re: NWR: Hey Ladies NYE Question

• ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to my parents like we did last year. We make a bunch of hot HD's and just relax. We will be bringing the puppy with us this year. We also drink a lot... and then just crash there for the night. Exciting, no... but the holidays are so busy with FI's sides (divorced so we have both sides) and my side... and my nephews birthday a few days after christmas... we like to take the night to eat/drink/sleep :-)

Edit: Last year we went to a nice restaurant at about 3:00, missed the crouds, it was cheaper because it was still lunch, and we were home to relax with my parents and HD's at around 8:00... Low key, cheap, and a great time.
  • edited December 2011
    FI and I never have big NYE plans because he is a mummer and has to be well rested for the next day!

If you want to keep it low key you can cook dinner or go out to an early dinner then ring in the new year at home.
  • bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was actually considering taking her out to dinner. With both of us working retail we've really never had a chance to go out and do something.
    Even though i'm now married you ladies can't get rid of me. Hit me up www.facebook.com/groomzilla BOOYAH!!!
  • edited December 2011
    We're making a surf and turf dinner at home then probably having a Guitar Hero competition.  NYE is overrated IMO.  But then again, I'm old. = )

Last year we went to dinner at The Capitol Grille in DC.  Great meal but I just can't rationalize spending that much on dinner when we're trying to save money for the wedding.  After May 21st, we can have our life (and wallets) back. Smile
    Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Every year I just go to a friend's house and hang out.  I have a really great group of friends that I've known forever.  Its nice to be able to relax, have a couple drinks and just enjoy each others company without having to spend too much or deal with drama.
  • edited December 2011

Last year we didn't decide until that day we were going to hit every party we were invited to...wow, we were all over the city, what a mess.

This year, we are planning to have dinner at a friend's house. Just recently 2 other couples told us they are also having dinner, so I think we have to make appearances there as well.

I hope to be in bed very early since we do it big for the Mummers the next day although our friend on 2 Street may not be having a party this year which is a total bummer.

Anyway, if you are looking for something special an early bird dinner/late lunch would be great. Then perhaps an activity or outing if the weather holds up - ice skating, etc?

• edited December 2011
    This year I will be at my sister's wedding!!!  Last year we went out to a really nice dinner with another couple. Then came home and watched the ball drop.
  • edited December 2011
    We always have friends over our place.  We do an early dinner (around 6:00) somewhere nice and then come back to our apartment to chill and spend quality time together.  A good many drinks get passed around and I make a few hors d'ouvres (sweet and sour meatballs, pigs in a blanket) to keep everyone full late into the night.  We usually wind up busting out Rock Band and take a break at midnight to have some champagne and watch the ball drop on TV. 

We're headed to Nectar in Berwyn for dinner this year - a bit hit last year and one of my favorite places to eat in general. 
  • ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mmmmmm to Nectar.
  • edited December 2011

Poof, I don't think you are in the city but we also do a nice romantic BYOB.  Most have prix fixe menus.  We're doing a 5 course in our neighborhood for $50 a person.  It's a great way to get a nice meal and make a special night of it.  Plus, we live at 2 street so NYD is our big partying time.

• Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto to the Two Street girls...NYE is our time to relax so we're up and ready for new years day.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    ugh we are MOVING on the 2nd so no big plans here... I concur about an early dinner and then chill out and have drinks at home to ring in the New Year.  It's fun and we won't feel like crap the next day!
  • edited December 2011
    PS - just noticed we have the same wedding day jaja!  Woo woo!
  • bigjajapoofbigjajapoof member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WOOT!! 10/9/10 is the best day to have a wedding..screw 10/10/10

With everyones suggestions we're pretty much going to go out to dinner with friends and family and then everyone will just come back to our apt and relax to some drinks and video games until i kick everyone out which shouldn't be that much longer after midnight haha,
  • edited December 2011
    Sounds like a plan, poof :) Let us know if you need any suggestions for dinner.
  • CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are inadvertently going to be in Las Vegas.  We had a layover there when we flew back to Philly for Christmas and our dog freaked out so much on the plane that we had to leave him in Vegas.  So we're flying back there to pick him up and then driving the 5hr drive back to LA.
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • edited December 2011
    Tacco and Jaja - I was 10/9 as well :)   10/9 anniversaries are the best!  Hehe.
  • edited December 2011
    10/9 IS THE BEST! Woohoo!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards