• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

groom's cake dilema

Ok, so a couple weeks ago I decided to have a grooms cake as a surprise to FI. I emailed my FMIL asking her if she could get my a picture of FI's 1968 Camaro that he had in high school. It was his baby, he worked on it every minute he could. So when she emailed me the picture she said she would help out with it.
So I met with a couple of bakeries, and found one I really liked. I had the tasting and decided on flavors. He insisted on having a chocolate teir on our wedding cake because he said he loves chocolate cake.
So this past weekend FMIL goes on and on to me about how he hates chocolate cake and that it needs to be yellow cake.
So in passing I ask him if he's sure about chocolate cake on our weddinc cake because his mother told me he hates it. He stares at my like I'm crazy, and then goes on to say that she thinks he hates chocolate cake, she always makes assumptions.
So I don't know what to do...I'm planning on having the cake chocolate, but I know she will give me a hard time about helping out if that's the case. I emailed her and told her I made my final decision for the cake, and that if she would like to help out that would be great, if not I totally understand. I know she's going to take it the wrong way, and probably go off to FI about how I'm pushing her away...
---end vent---

BFP #1 11/27/11 EDD 08/08/12 M/C 01/27/12 12 wks 2 days
BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13
My Blog
My Sweet (and Spoiled) Furbaby Cali
Photobucket

PgAL/PAL Welcome

Re: groom's cake dilema

• The Groom's Mother and Sister (s) always think they know exactly what it is their baby wants/likes/hates don't they!!  

The man likes chocolate!  Sorry FMIL you are WRONG about what your son wants... wrong, wrong, wrong.  
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • I would tell her you asked him and he said he wanted chocolate for the wedding cake. Or maybe you can you do half and half?

Alison and Tom 9~11~10
    Anniversary
  • Oh iccck. I'm sorry. I would go with what you know he wants. FMIL (always) be dammned.

For this very reason, I told FMIL I wasn't getting/paying for a groom's cake but she was welcome to if she insisted, which she did. So she's paying a ridic. amount for a cake (FI doesn't even like cake) that will be served at the RD. After a pasta dinner. In the Wilmington heat. Whatev! Her money!
  • Ok, thank! I just needed reassurance that I was right in getting what I know he wants.
    I was thinking of getting both until I tasted her chocolate, yum!!
    And I plan on using this bakery for my parents anniversary cake next year, and she has a delicious apple cake.
    BFP #2 04/25/12 EDD 01/04/13(?) confirmed ectopic 05/16/12 6 wks 5 days 2 doses of MTX-Lost left tube on 05/25/12 Back to TTC, earlier than originally expected.
    BFP #3 01/05/13 EDD 09/17/13 u/s 1/24/13-great appt, measuring 2 days ahead, NT scan 3/11/13
    My Blog
    Photobucket

PgAL/PAL Welcome

• In Response to Re: groom's cake dilema:
    [QUOTE]The Groom's Mother and Sister (s) always think they know exactly what it is their baby wants/likes/hates don't they!!   The man likes chocolate!  Sorry FMIL you are WRONG about what your son wants... wrong, wrong, wrong.  
    Posted by angiem33[/QUOTE]

That made me laugh LOL. 
  • Obviously you're going to give the man what he wants...chocolate!

My FMIL did something very similiar when I was planning FH's birthday party: game plan was to go to a comedy club, and I asked her to make a cake for his bday (its her living). She went on & on about how he doesn't watch live comedy, and "of course!" she would bake his cake, she always does. Really? FH hasn't been home for his bday in 4 years, are you really FedExing it? NO! FH kindly told his mom when in college him & his buddies went to see comedy almost every weekend and reminded her abou the cake too.

Mother's simply don't always know, lol.
  • My FMIL talked me into buying the wrong size shoes for his birthday present.  Moms aren't as good at this stuff as they like to think they are.
    murrayed
  • My FMIL wanted me to buy FI $100 cufflinks for a wedding gift. When I presented the idea to him, he looked at me like I had lost my mind: "Uh, cufflinks come with the tux, Ashley. Why would you do that?"

BabyName Ticker
  • I wouldn't tell her. Just make the arrangements and she'll find out what flavor it is when you cut into it!!
    Me: 26 DH: 32
    TTC since 08/2010
    Anovulatory since at least 12/2010 (probably longer, unDx)
    Dx PCOS 3/2012
    SA 5/25/12--normal
    June 2012--50mg clomid+TI--BFN
    July 2012--50mg clomid+Ovidrel+TI--BFN, lining at 5mm
    August 2012--5mg femara+Ovidrel+TI
  • In Response to Re: groom's cake dilema:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't tell her. Just make the arrangements and she'll find out what flavor it is when you cut into it!!
    Posted by DatsyuksMommy[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.  I was going to say order whatever you want, then blame it on a miscommunication with the baker.
    TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Go with the chocolate! That's what he wants, do it! Who cares what FMIL thinks he likes.
    IAmPregnant Ticker Photobucket
  • Thanks everyone! I just want to say to the woman, he hasn't lived at home since he was 18, he's now almost 32, so maybe he liked yellow cake when you got him a cake for his 10th birthday, but things have changed!
    My Blog
    Photobucket

PgAL/PAL Welcome

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards