• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Oh crap I think I royally F'ed up on Thank You card etiquette

Just posted this on the etiquette board too:

For my thank you notes we are ordering these cute cards from shutterfly where you customize it with photos for the wedding. I have already picked them out and begun to edit them, etc.

However, obviously we need to wait for the wedding to occur before uploading those pics to shutterfly.

But I have received several gifts!! Some even months ago. I did not send them any thank you since I was waiting to do these shutterfly ones.

Then today I started reading the etiquette board and feel awful. How did I miss this. Will people be annoyed w. me at my wedding in 2 weeks if they don't get a TY first? Should I scramble and put them together this week so they get it b4 the wedding?

Please don't be too harsh, I know I'm an idiot :(
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 132 Invited so far! image 110 Are ready to party!
image 12 Will be missing out

Re: Oh crap I think I royally F'ed up on Thank You card etiquette

• I would send TY's for the gifts that you have received but you can use any thank you note to do it.  I wouldn't rush your shuttefly project, use those for gifts received after the wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you girls! So i should forget the cute shutterfly idea? I would say we have about half of the gifts already
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to Re: Oh crap I think I royally F'ed up on Thank You card etiquette:
    [QUOTE]Thank you girls! So i should forget the cute shutterfly idea? I would say we have about half of the gifts already
    Posted by katmstrange[/QUOTE]
    Heck no!! 

Do what Tiff said, get cute, cheap TY's for the gifts already received.  After the wedding send EVERYONE your cute shutterfly card.  If it was someone who you already sent a TY to, then say it was so good of you to come and thanks again for xx gift.  This is what I'm doing. 

I already have had 10 generic wedding TYs go out, but we are doing photo cards as well after the wedding.
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• Thank you girls!

I just placed a rush order online and they will be in by the end of the week and safely in our guest's mailbox by the wedding.

thanks so much. i can sleep again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Im not sending thank you's until after the wedding because I will be sending a picture with it.
  • we only got a few gifts before the wedding, so i sent thankyous i picked up at the dollar store (classy, i know).  the rest will be a shutterfly card from after the wedding :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards