• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Confessions

In case anyone else has to get something off her chest!

Here's mine (for now): When people post threads whining about how no one takes their engagement seriously because they are only 19 or 20, I really have to bite my tongue (well, figuratively speaking, it being the internet and all).  People won't make your age an issue if you don't act like an immature brat.

I know that there are mature young people capable of getting married, but these are NOT the people posting these kinds of threads.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Confessions

• ME ME!

When people judge for how I am planning my wedding when they have not ever planned a wedding. Eff you ... you have not tried to plan a wedding, you do not know how hard it is, so do not tell me what I should be doing differently.

I love my puppy ... and my husband, I swear!
  • In Response to Re: Confessions:
    [QUOTE]ME ME! When people judge for how I am planning my wedding when they have not ever planned a wedding. Eff you ... you have not tried to plan a wedding, you do not know how hard it is, so do not tell me what I should be doing differently.
    Posted by JRSonday[/QUOTE]

Even if they HAVE planned a wedding - this is YOUR wedding, not theirs, so they need to just STFU.  They don't have your of your FI's taste, personality, family, situation, or budget.
  • I really ticked off FMIL today. She sent me an e-mail with a new mother/son song....it was a country song....and FI and I both can't stand country music (sorry, I grew up having to listen to it everywhere, and I can't hande it!). I gave FI a head's up so he could talk to his mom....well, apparently she thought the song was supposed to be a surprise! So yeah, she's not so happy I'm sure. I really didn't know she wanted to surprise him, but I knew he wouldn't like it.
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :) image
  • Oh yay confessions

Dear family of village idiots

If your planning on coming to the rehersal dinner could you let me know like now, so I dont look like  the fool emailing the coordinator at the hotel 5 times with new numbers!

Dear Wedding,

Please get here so I can go on my honeymoon!! Im so ready to be married and enjoy lifes adventures and stop with table rearranging and seating charts and dresses and bippty booopty boop!

Dear Hurricanes,

I got a bone to pick with you. Steer clear for the next month. We Sept Brides fight like a team and will go down as a team! So you just met your match Team Sept Hurricane...................move it or lose it Earl!
  • Bethany -

We are not having a mother/son song, at FI's request, but FMIL decided yesterday that she wants one and she wants it to be 'You are So Beautiful'.  GAG.

She also says that she will be requesting a lot of Alan Jackson at the wedding - we do like country music (some of it) but I don't think it's appropriate for the wedding, and I'm considering adding Alan Jackson to my do not play list.
  • I'm all for confessions!

I want to kick FMIL in the pants. She's now demanding that we seat her boyfriend at the family table WTF?! When FI stood up to her and said that he really didn't want boyfriend at the table (especially since his parents aren't divorced). She hung up on him. His sister, called and clarified the situation and FMIL agreed that it's not up to her and she calmed down, but she still refuses to speak to FI, which is killing him. Stupid manipulative lady.
    Photobucket
    [QUOTE]I'm all for confessions! I want to kick FMIL in the pants. She's now demanding that we seat her boyfriend at the family table WTF?! When FI stood up to her and said that he really didn't want boyfriend at the table (especially since his parents aren't divorced). She hung up on him. His sister, called and clarified the situation and FMIL agreed that it's not up to her and she calmed down, but she still refuses to speak to FI, which is killing him. Stupid manipulative lady.
    Posted by yjakel[/QUOTE]

Yeah...I don't blame your FI here.
  • Darn it, I don't have any confessions!

My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Oh wait.  FI wants to play this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRgr0DHVKuo
    at the wedding.  Over my DEAD BODY!  I made it very clear to him that there is no way we are playing that song.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • Dear all my cousins,
    SO sorry that the cut off for invites was NO COUSINS KIDS. I don't really give a crap if one of you has adult kids. That is it. Sorry.
    Frustrated wedding planner.

Dear MOTHER,
    Butt yourself righ tback out of any conversation involving my wedding. You haven't had one thing to say during my whole two years of planning and now you want to say that you think it is funny and that I "am learning a lesson" about who I chose to have join me in my special day. EFF THE HECK OFF!
    your very annoyed daughter.

Dear Aunt with good intentions,
    Thanks for the gift card for some tanning visits to help get rid of any lingering lines I have from the summer, but I have a feeling I am going to get really tired of driving the 10 miles to do it a couple times a week for the next 25 days.
    your appreciative neice.
    [url="http://www.thebump.com/?utm_source=breastfeeder&utm_medium=ubb&utm_campaign=badges"][img]http://images.thenestbaby.com/badges/tb_sig_ebf.gif [/img][/url]
  • I confess that I judge two people in FI's family. They're two of my step-FSIL, let's say J and K. J is REALLY mean to my friend (who is also a step-FSIL, let's call her C). J is suppose to be a very religious woman, she's constantly going to church, and her and her husband have made it their mission to rehabilitate K's druggie baby daddy. They say the Christian thing to do is forgive...is it Christian to not even say hi to C?

I judge K because she has decided that she now makes ALL the rules. We use to have cookouts every weekend in the summer...to the point I was annoyed with these cookouts. I found out the reason we haven't been having them is because K says her dad's house is too messy (he's working on fixing up his garage so there's not a lot of room in the backyard) and she doesn't want to drive to my FMIL house because it's too far. HELLO! FI and I, FMIL, FSIL her boyfriend and two kids, and C and her husband and one child all live on this side of town. Why don't we take turns with the driving since the family is split in half which end is closer to the other. Why do you get to be the princess?

And I confess I'm so fed up with RSVP I want to post someone at the door of the reception with a list of the people that have RSVP and only they are allowed in! I have started accepting any form of RSVP as long as you let me know you're coming and how many. There will be no food or chair for you if you don't RSVP so freaking just tell me!
  • I've got one!  Ahem...

Dear BM from hell with the worst negative attitude about EVERYTHING I DO for my own wedding,

STFU.  You had yours.  This one is mine.

Sincerely,

Bridezilla 

(If she's not back to normal when this wedding is over I will slit her throat so I never again have to hear her biitch.)
    Anniversary
  • I confess it was really hard not to roll my eyes when FMIL said she wanted a Kenny Rogers song for the mother/son dance.  I can't remember which one, and now I have to ask her again. 

I confess I'm a little worried about my bachelorette party.  I'm not a big drinker at all.  And my MOH has made several comments about how drunk they're going to get me. 
    My deal is that I am going to murder your puppies and piss on your rainbows. -diablesse Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Ooh, just what I needed today:

Dear people at my work: stop screwing things up and making me deal with your messes. My poor brain just CANNOT DEAL with your drama right now.

Dear step-mom - please do not rearrange the seating chart, I had it just how I wanted it and the rearrangement makes no sense. You have been awesome so far helping plan the wedding, but we're almost there let's stop messing with things.

Dear final RSVP holdouts: I no longer care if you come or not. Seriously.

Dear mom: you have no clue. NO CLUE. You have been zero help planning the wedding and I try to cover for you all the time when people ask why my step-mom is doing everything. Not only that, but you want your own special corsage that's different from the other moms (WHY??!!) and you want YOUR OWN DANCE with my step dad. Who's wedding is this, anyway?

Dear FI: I love you, and I CANNOT WAIT until our honeymoon. Thanks for being awesome.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 173 Invited image 79 Are ready to party!
    image 67 Will be missing out image 27 can't find their mailboxes

[QUOTE]Bethany - We are not having a mother/son song, at FI's request, but FMIL decided yesterday that she wants one and she wants it to be 'You are So Beautiful'.  GAG. She also says that she will be requesting a lot of Alan Jackson at the wedding - we do like country music (some of it) but I don't think it's appropriate for the wedding, and I'm considering adding Alan Jackson to my do not play list.
    Posted by LauraT25[/QUOTE]

Double-gag! And yeah, I realize people attending the wedding may like country music (I just don't want to have to dance to it), so I told the DJ by request only, and if he knows it's a super twangy/old-school one, he can tell them he doesn't have it! Alan Jackson is definitely not my style, so I would immediately put on DNP!
    ~Bethany My Bio! Visit Lansing.Weddings.com image
    9.10 Siggy Challenge: Fave Pic of FI & I. There are lots, but this one's good! :) image
  • Dear Mother Nature

Please be kind to the Setember 2010 brides and dless us with wonderful wedding weather Not too hot not too cold not to wet and not a hurricaine of any name.

Dear people I owe bills to

It would be awesome if we had a one month free pass from all debt

Otherwise no more gripes FSIL was put in her place this weekend by FMIL and she will be attending the wedding and helping and being nice and pleasent the whole time!
    image wedding countdown
  • To FI's Cousins Family,

I am thisclose to changing your child's meal from an overpriced steak, to the children's meal of chicken fingers and not even caring one little bit.  Oh and I'm not telling you about it either. 

Over budget bride

MOH,

I am really hating you right now.  You are not always right, people do not agree with everything you say.  I understand that if you don't get your way and I don't allow you to bring your children, your step children and your cousin to this wedding, you will leave your husband home to babysit just to spite me.  You know I was friends with him before I was friends with you, how about you leave yourself home to babysit and DH can come?

not liking you one bit right now!
    [IMG]http://i55.tinypic.com/eq6ma9.jpg[/IMG]
  • Dear guy cousin who is getting married in October-
    I am still flabbergasted (along with some of the other family members) with the fact that you and your lovely fiance have a honeymoon registry. Your HM site says you guys have all you need in your place...but seriously, you make a six figure salary and are choosing to go to Greece. Really if you want to pay for your honeymoon can't you go on one later when you pay with your own cash? You are kind of non-chalantly hinting that you want your friends and family to buck up and pay for your honeymoon.

You'll be getting a gift card to Pottery Barn or as Grandma suggested, Target.

Love - one of your cousins.
    ~~~Lynsey~~~
  • Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    Ninth Anniversary 5000 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: Confessions:
    [QUOTE]I confess it was really hard not to roll my eyes when FMIL said she wanted a Kenny Rogers song for the mother/son dance.  I can't remember which one, and now I have to ask her again.  I confess I'm a little worried about my bachelorette party.  I'm not a big drinker at all.  And my MOH has made several comments about how drunk they're going to get me. 
    Posted by eMiLee920[/QUOTE]

It might be "Through The Years," which is tres corny!

I confess that I'm really, really sick of TK centering all my damn posts today!!

Also, I confess what I usually confess, that I'm totally slacking at work and don't even care because I'M GETTING MARRIED IN 5 DAYS!!!
  • It did it to me too Musicheals
  • I'm really sick of hearing my mom say that "WE'RE planning a wedding". Like its her friggin wedding. Really mom - you got your ring the day before my shower. Plan your own, back off from mine! (wow, I sound really bitter)

I also love the "only let people in who RSVP'd" idea!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards