• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Friday Diet & Fitness check in 7/30

Good morning ladies!  How did the week go?  What are your plans to stay on or get back on track this weekend? 

I've done okay this week.  Monday was kind of a disaster as my friend made fondue at girls night.  I had way more than I would have eaten at home for dinner.  I probably had less than I would have without the diet, so that's good, right?  I worked out Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.  I'm going to break tonight, but I plan to run Saturday.  I have a birthday party tonight, and I'm bringing bud light lime, watermelon and popcorn so I have some lighter options.  I plan to only have two beers and to nurse them as much as I can!  Tomorrow night we are meeting FI's mom for dinner, and possibly a brewery tour.  Dinner is at her friend's house, so I'm not sure what they will be serving, but I will do my best to stay healthy. 

Hope you all had a good week!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th

Re: Friday Diet & Fitness check in 7/30

• edited July 2010
    I'm stuck at 142, booo. Been doing the Special K thing this week to see if it's legit (in my case, a resounding NO! I haven't lost, but then again, I haven't gained). Guess next week it's back to the fruits/veg thing, since at least it was coming off a little bit at a time that way.

Last night, my sister and I went to zumba class at SIL's gym. Holyyy moly, I thought I was going to DIE! Made it through the whole class though, more or less keeping up with whatever the heck the instructor was doing, improvising like a total spastic dork when I got completely lost. Class was an hour, but I did have to take a one-dance break at the 45-min mark because there was serious threat of getting sick from all the bouncy-shaky moves. Not bad. Have date again to go next Tuesday. Will not eat cereal beforehand. (oops)

This weekend is going to be tough. I have a family dinner tonight at one of my fave hamburger joints. =/ So thinking will just be good during the day and bite the bullet tonight and enjoy myself.

Good(?) news is that the microwave at home died a firey death earlier this week, so it's not so easy to just nuke some crappy junk meal. I'm thinking lots of fruit and salad tomorrow and Sunday, since it's a zillion degrees outside and I refuse to stand over the stove/oven all weekend.

Hope y'all are being good. Or at least making being bad fun! :)
    BabyName Ticker
  • Monday was not a good day for me either.  Tuesday I jumped on my treadmill for 40 minutes.  Wed and Thurs I did great!  I went to the gym plus did the shred.  I'm realizing that I have a month and a half to go and I need to fit into my dress.  I told FI, we are not going out for lunch or dinner for the next month.  No beer or wine for me...sigh.
    My wedding Bio My baking Blog View from Le'ahi Diamond Head image
  • I finally went out for a 10k run yesterday. I've been so good at working out., until I got this new job at Starbucks last month. So I've been working 530 in the morning. And I get home and am too lazy and tired to move. But yesterday when I got home at 2 I decided to hold off on picking up my son and went for a 10k run. It felt good. Although I had to walk twice...hey it had been a week since I last run and who knows how long it's been since I ran more than 3 miles. I weighed myself today (I measure and weigh myself only 1 time a month) I'm down a lb...which for me is good. And I lost 1.5 inches over my body...which again for me is good. I'm little not trying to lose much more just trying to stay how I am and hopefully tighten up. But I think the wack-o sleep schedule and being on my feet for so long is helping.
    Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    image image

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• im depressed about how much i have been sucking.  during the day i eat GREAT.  but this week, we cooked at home only ONE night, the other nights we were invited to dinner at other people's homes.  while the meals were pretty healthy, i ate a LOT.  and had dessert on three nights.

ALSO due to the eating at other people's homes, i did not have time to workout like i wanted.  i did the gym for an hour and half one night and then did the shred for one day.

my gym membership ends this week and then it is just the shred.  which i feel like it iwll not do anything for me--i will be REDUCING what i normally do at the gym in order to do jillian.  i really need to RUN (which i hate) and then do jillian after.  i think i will just start doing this on monday and really make myself do it.  i am going to try to eat as "clean" as i can next week, but i also have two events to go to next week as well (wedding is one of them) so i know i will not get to eat the way i want...

bah humbug am i a grouch today!
  • Besides falling off the wagon last night, this week has been great so far!

Doing my limited grams of carbs every 5 hours.  So basically I can have 6 grapes every 5 hours.  Sucks for carbies, but I can gorge on fat like cheese and meat.  Didn't weigh myself on Monday, nor will I again for a while, but I just need to keep at it.  Fell off last night since Aunt Flo came and the chocolate favors in my fridge were screaming my name.  My bad.

Shredded Mon and Tues, ran Weds, rested Thurs and probably nothing today either.  Have my hair appt after work and I will "wear" it for a week (Vegas), so nothing sweaty to ruin it.  After spending 3 hours getting it cut, colored and flat ironed, I will not be getting it wet anytime soon!

Mmaxwell, great job on the 10k!  I only ran 2 miles on Weds and thought I was going to die.  Hadn't ran that far since January.  Keep up the good work ladies!

Just plan to stick to my no carbies this weekend.  Easy if I'm at home, hard if I'm not. 
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2010-weddings_friday-diet-fitness-check-730?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:594Discussion:d7428538-e6c6-4538-9b79-6de4ed5856d6Post:86089937-f716-4cb9-8485-6d39a9512689">Re: Friday Diet & Fitness check in 7/30</a>:
    [QUOTE]Monday was not a good day for me either.  Tuesday I jumped on my treadmill for 40 minutes.  Wed and Thurs I did great!  I went to the gym plus did the shred.  I'm realizing that I have a month and a half to go and I need to fit into my dress. <strong> I told FI, we are not going out for lunch or dinner for the next month.  No beer or wine for me...sigh.</strong>
    Posted by debdebdol[/QUOTE]

This would help me so much!  As much as I love being invited out with friends, and going out with FI, it makes it so hard to stay on track.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 183 Invited image 99 Confirmed image 84 Regrets RSVP Date: August 20th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards