Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wedding Website/STDs

We are inviting quite a few out of town guests and I am starting to think about STDs.  Question is, did you put your wedding website address on your STD?  I don't have a website set up other than TK one.  Is there a URL for that or do I have to set one up on another website (Weebly...)?  I feel like it's good to put it on their for room block info. 

I never really made the effort to set another website up b/c most of my friends and family are on FB and I have a link to my Knot site on there and they've figured it out.  Not all of my family uses FB or even email so I figured the STD is the best way to get them the info.

If I have to set up another site, what is the easiest one to use?  TY!
Photobucket

Re: Wedding Website/STDs

• Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We put our website on the save-the-date so that way people could see more information (where it would be held, hotel info, registry info, etc.).

The website we used was www.mywedding.com It let's you have a free website and you can make your own name.  You can see ours at:

www.mywedding.com/joshlovesheather
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We subscribe to mobileme, so we made our website through there.  My brother and SIL made their wedding website through mywedding.com for free, though, as well, and it was more than adequate for them.  I would definitely recommend putting it on the save-the-date.
  • Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we just put our knot site on the STD.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    dch, how did u get a url?  The one I type in brings me to the member page.  I don't know how to get it for other people. 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Log in on the knot, then go to the left side of the page and click wedding website under planning tools. Once you are on that page, below your names and days til your wedding it should say "your personal URL" with your wedding site's address. That is the link I used on my STD's.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TY I'll try it out.  I got the card from David, thanks so much!  Did you get the DVD?
    Photobucket
  • Options
    dch167dch167 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, David sent us samples and we did book him.  I just didn't want to regret not having a videographer and he had a good price... Thanks!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No prob, I felt the same way.  I tried what you said for the URL and got it.  Thanks!  I'm an idiot with computers  I can't figure out cell phones either LOL.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards