• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

How Would You Feel?

So you ladies probably don't remember but awhile ago, I had posted on here saying how happy I was that both of my parents were going to walk me down the aisle? 

Well, my Mom has decided she does not want to anymore, because she wants to actually see me walking down the aisle at church.   

I dont know, this kinda makes me sad but I guess I understand where she's coming from.  :(   She asked me how I felt about it, and I told her the truth, but she kept justifying herself by repeating the same thing over and over again.

I know I'm being a big baby (being extra sensitive with my lady days here this week and all..) but honestly, how would you girls feel?  
May 2006 image

Re: How Would You Feel?

• I wouldn't care.  Let mom do what she wants. 
  • Well, my mom is the complete opposite lol.  She's been asking me about having both her and my father walk me down the aisle.  She really wants to be a part of it and it's fine with me.  I'll be honored to have both my parents there walking beside me.

As long as your mother clearly knows how you feel and what you want, that's about all you can do.  If she continues to disagree and be stubborn, that's unfortunate but you can't FORCE her to walk with you.  I might feel a little hurt that she's being so stubborn about something I feel really strongly about, but I wouldn't dwell on it if she's not giving in. 

Just think that either way, she will be there to spend all day with you and see how beautiful you look walking down to marry your man.  It could be worse!
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I would be okay with it, but that's probably because for me, personally, it would have felt weird having her walk with me. I can understand your disappointment, though, since it's obviously something you were looking foward to happening.

She'll still be part of giving you away though, when your officient asks who's presents you in marriage. And you could still bring a little of the spotlight down on her when you reach her; sneak a hanky into your bouquet and give it to her, or give her a flower from your bouquet.

BabyName Ticker
  • In Response to Re: How Would You Feel?:
    [QUOTE]I wouldn't care.  Let mom do what she wants. 
    Posted by ZoeTheDog[/QUOTE]

Oh I would never make my Mom do anything she didn't want to LOL  It just sort of hurt my feelings, thats all.  Just felt like it was out of left field after seeing how happy and honored she was when I originally asked if she wanted to.  Oh well. 
    May 2006 image
    [QUOTE]I And you could still bring a little of the spotlight down on her when you reach her; sneak a hanky into your bouquet and give it to her, or give her a flower from your bouquet.
    Posted by rien713[/QUOTE]

aw, I love that idea, THANK YOU!  
    May 2006 image
  • I would let it go. In the words of my own Mom, that is a special moment for you & your Dad. Embrace it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: How Would You Feel?:
    [QUOTE] And you could still bring a little of the spotlight down on her when you reach her; sneak a hanky into your bouquet and give it to her, or give her a flower from your bouquet.
    Posted by rien713[/QUOTE]

This idea literally made tears come to my eyes, I love this idea I might have to steal it
    Photobucket
  • IMO a spotlight would be a little much...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • It wouldnt bother me at all. My mom would never want to walk me down cause she knows what a special moment this will be for my dad and wants to watch us walk down
    RSVP: AUGUST 18,2010 image 256 Are Invited image 191 Are ready to Party!
    image 65 Will be missing out image 0 Where Are you? We can't wait Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Not to mention, no one can see you properly with one person on either side!

Whenever I see brides with two people I always get annnoyed.  I'm like "move lady! I can't see the godd*mn dress!"

TTC since 2010
    Me: 36, slightly elevated FSH. Everything else (hysterescopy, HSG, b/w) normal.
    DH:30, with super sperm? >200mil post wash
    BFP #1 - May 2011 - m/c @ 8weeks
    IUI #1 - July 26 2012 - Femara = BFN
    Suprise BFP Jan 15 2013. Hope this one sticks!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    [QUOTE]Not to mention, no one can see you properly with one person on either side! Whenever I see brides with two people I always get annnoyed.  I'm like "move lady! I can't see the godd*mn dress!"
    Posted by diablesse[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU.  I like the way you think.  :) 
    May 2006 image
  • In Jewish weddings, first both the groom's parents walk the groom down the aisle, then both the bride's parents walk the bride down the aisle.

IMO, if this is what your mother wants to do, don't fight her on it; it's not that big of a deal.
    [QUOTE]Not to mention, no one can see you properly with one person on either side! Whenever I see brides with two people I always get annnoyed.  I'm like "move lady! I can't see the godd*mn dress!"
    Posted by diablesse[/QUOTE]

Ditto. 

Also, think of it in a positive way....she may not be walking with you - but it's not because she doesn't love you or is being spiteful. It's because she wants a moment to watch her daughter walk down the aisle with her father. It's a special moment for her to see it.
  • I agree with PP's, I think that she is wanting to share in that moment, just in a different way. I love the idea about the hanky or the flower from my bouquet. I got a little teary with that too. :) GL!
    IAmPregnant Ticker Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards