Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Looking for Venue Rec's

We're trying to stay to the northern area - looking mostly in Berks, Upper Bucks, Lehigh, and Northampton counties.

We want a place that's not too 'wedding-y' as we call it. We're looking for the out of the box location. Hotels are out of the question, and we're still on the fence about country clubs. We love the groomed grounds of country clubs, but they still feel traditional.

We want an outdoor ceremony at the reception location and are hoping to keep it under $6000 (food and rentals) for 75 guests including a bar and cocktail hour. It doesn't have to be a full open bar, beer & wine are just fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
-r

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Looking for Venue Rec's

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if it's in your price range, but I hear The Lake House in Perkasie is stunning and on the lake.  http://www.thelhi.com/

Also check out Partyspace.com, you can search by location, type of venue, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea the lake house inn is nice but VERY VERY expensive...

I also rec looking at partyspace.com, very very cool site!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I debated between the venue I chose, Holly Hedge Estate in New Hope and The Lake House Inn. I think you would really love either, but they are both pretty expensive, and sound like they would be bigger than you need. I would recommend looking at restaurants. There is one my friend got married at and her wedding was absolutely stunning. I can't remember the name of it off the top of my head but it's located in Easton but it's right off of the river, so pretty. Also if you just search for restaurants along the deleware, from Easton down to New Hope, you'll find that there are so many really nice quaint, unique places that might be within your budget.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenn32189jenn32189 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at Holly Hedge and would definitiely recommend it. It is affordable, gorgous, and isn't like a cookie-cutter reception hall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards