Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Friday Food Poll!#&^@&! Yay it's Friday!!!!!

So today I am more happy about it being Friday than usual because DH was away all week and comes home tonight.  :)  I hate being home alone!  (For the first day it's nice, but by the 5th I am going nuts).

Okay so todays food poll......
In honor of husbands/fiances everywhere:

Re: Friday Food Poll!#&^@&! Yay it's Friday!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I chose a night in - we're easy like that..  however, I do like to occasionally put a dress on and go to a nice restuarant with DH.  We used to do that a lot when we were dating and have stopped recently I realize, so I will be making that happen soon!  In my old age though, I get frustrated with super loud restaurants, so at home is just fine by me :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We order in all the time, so it is not special. I like a fancy dinner now and then!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We do dinners in like fondue when we want to just take our time and enjoy each other's company (sounds corney).  But I like to go out and take our time at a local restaurant because there's no clean up and I can have tasty cocktails!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I choose #1 and that is exactly what we did last night. Still have a headache from the wine though.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have to admit I'd take a nice restaurant over anything else any day!  I love a good cocktail menu!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this poll. It reminds me of my days (okay, years) online dating.  "I'm just as comfortable dressing up for a night on the town as I am wearing sweats and eating pizza in front of the tv!"
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm high maintenance.  I like to go out and wear sassy shoes :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    benmel31benmel31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We like getting dressed and going out for a nice dinner every once in a while.  But more often we stay in, make a good dinner, have some drinks, and cozy up to watch a movie.  
    Anniversary image
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers image TO image
    my to-read shelf:
    Mel O's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We never go out, never do anything special.  Very rarely, because of money, do we even order in/do a casual meal out.  So, when we do go out, we try to save up some money and do a really nice, little more pricey restaurant than if we ate out every day.

In fact, we are going to the Melting Pot tonight!  My favorite get dolled up and go out date place :)
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm the vote for the picnic. It would be very romantic to pick some favorite tappas, or something simplistic that will hold, but is a little more fancy. A nice night under the stars - just the two of you. Shoot, it worked in Sabrina (the remake with H. Ford) - it would totally work for me.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mwg616mwg616 member
    edited December 2011
    FI is a 'foodie' and we live in center city, so needless to say, i'd rather not calculate how much we spend a month eating out!  While it sometimes makes me wanna cringe, I not so secretly love it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MWG - you need to look into restaurant.com.  Lots of awesome places in center city on there... $25 GC's for $2 when there is an 80% off sale.   We went to Farmicia the other week and it was AMAZING and with the GC very affordable.
  • Options
    mwg616mwg616 member
    edited December 2011
    OMG- I love farmicia!  I should check out restaurant.com?  I've heard of it, but hm, I'll check it out!  I didn't realize they had coupons on the site for places like farmicia (i.e. local smaller spots)  Thanks :o)
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-food-poll-yay-its-friday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c43a1cf1-69ab-4c55-b688-3baed0c2015bPost:a7560245-bbc5-46ee-b5d4-684bbd0b858d">Re: Friday Food Poll!#&^@&! Yay it's Friday!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love this poll. It reminds me of my days (okay, years) online dating.  "I'm just as comfortable dressing up for a night on the town as I am wearing sweats and eating pizza in front of the tv!"
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

Hey, Cara, that took me back to my JDate.com days, LOL!  And that's how I met my FI, but it took me a lot of online dating to find him!
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked local restaurant.  FI and I have one specifically that we go to for special occasions.  Nothing fancy but the food is as delicious as I remember it 20 years ago.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards