• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
September 2010 Weddings

Can I have a hug? (long)

I have been pretty good about not being stressed and holding it together through all of the wedding planning.  Now with 4.5 days left, I am just SO OVER IT I want to scream and cry and throw a fit in the floor like a 3 year old.  And then stick my tongue out and spit at everyone.

I got a call from my mom today saying that my step-grandparents aren't coming to the wedding.  Um, okay.  These people have been uninvolved in my life since I moved out of my parent's house 11 years ago.  They insisted on being treated as "real grandparents" for the wedding and activities.  Ok, fine - to be fair, my mom and step-dad have been married for nearly 20 years now.  And now they're not coming to the wedding b/c they're afraid of a hurricane.  SERIOUSLY?!?  My wedding is over 100 miles inland.  Not to mention the current weather forecast is 0% chance of rain.  ZERO percent.  How about if you want to be treated like a real grandparent you act like one.  There's no hurricane or natural disaster that would keep my "real grandparents" from coming to my wedding.  This is SO lame.  Not to mention, expensive for us now that you're confirmed in our numbers.  Thanks.

My MOH is about to drive me up the effing wall.  I love this girl dearly.  We have been BFFs since we were 10, but this girl is a mess.  She doesn't have the money to travel and do for the wedding (she is OOT), which I totally get and don't hold that against her at all, but it's just really stressing me out.  I paid for her dress, her hair, makeup, even her trip to Vegas for my bach party b/c I wanted her there so badly.  As of right now - 4.5 days before the wedding - she doesn't know how she's getting to MD for my wedding.  She doesn't know if she'll have a hotel room.  And I don't have the time, patience or money to deal with it.  It looks like my mom is going to have to pay $750 to rent a car big enough for my MOH and her daughter to fit in with my family to drive out here.  My mom doesn't have the money for it and is calling to vent to me and ask me what to do.  I DON'T KNOW, MOM.  You are all adults.  Figure it out.  Goddammit why do I feel like I'm the only responsible adult around here?!

I'm just SO OVER being everyone's fucking babysitter and personal financer.  I really, really, REALLY wish we'd just eloped.

Sorry that was long.  I just had to get it out there.  I could really use a hug - and FI's still at work. :-(
Vacation

Vacation

Re: Can I have a hug? (long)

• ::hug::

I'm sorry all this is going on.  I know how you feel, though - why on earth do people rely on the BRIDE for all this shiit?  Because, you know, we're not busy or anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • *hug* you're so close to your wedding.  everything will be ok.  just breathe and go with the flow for a couple more days and it will all be over and you'll have your HUSBAND beside you the entire time!
    "Imperfection is beauty; madness is genious. And it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring" ~ Marilyn Monroe Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • "I have been pretty good about not being stressed and holding it together through all of the wedding planning.  Now with 4.5 days left, I am just SO OVER IT I want to scream and cry and throw a fit in the floor like a 3 year old.  And then stick my tongue out and spit at everyone".

I feel you on this ...... I feel the same... the stress is just starting for me too.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
  • *hugs and hands you a bottle of whatever alcohol you like*
  • Thanks girls. :-)  I'm glad someone gets it.  I feel so ungrateful and bratty complaining.  I really do love these people.  It's just so.much. to handle right now.  *Hugs back to all of you*
    Vacation

Vacation
  • Hugs to my Date Twin!  You'll get through this; we all will somehow.
  • HUGS!
    "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe
  • hang in there!!!! you're almost there and then you and FI will be on you amazing honeymoon away from all the crazy people!!!!!

i know that we are only internet buddies, but if you get in a pinch this weekend, i'm nearby! :-)

and don't feel bad...some of the people i love the most are the biggest PITA right now :-)
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards