Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

A letter to me...

If you could tell your high school/college self something what would to tell her?

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: A letter to me...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dump Elliot.
    Don't date drug dealers. Any.  Not even the "nice ones".
    Date at least 1 white guy in college to avoid the "doesn't date white guys" stereotype (because it wasn't true)
    Try harder your 1st semester of college... studying sucks, but has to be done.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear College Self,
    Stop dating your current boyfriend because in 5 years you will realize everyone else was right about him. Also, add Special Education into your degree, even if it makes you extend your college career because Elementary education degree will get you no where.

Love, 2011 Val
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't take life to seriously!

And since I'm in graduate school now, I'd tell myself to get off the computer and start the paper you have due sunday or maybe the power point presentation due on tuesday! lol Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't pick a degree based off of salary if it is not what you really want to do. Don't settle for what you are good out, work harder for what you want even if it is a more difficult path.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Don't date George ... bad idea. If you do date him, dump him when he moves to CA without telling you.

Tell your BFF what you think about her BF sooner, because when you finally speak him he's already abusing her and she's too deep in the relationship to see.  It will end your friendship if you speak up too late.

Do not talk to Jeisson, or let him convince you to take you to your senior prom, he will leave you for your friends and you will be miserable.  If you don't want to go don't go. Evan said he would plan a fun night, or take Evan if you want to go just don't dance with him because he can't dance and pack mints because you know how his breath can get.  Whatever you do, do not start hanging out in your/his car after work ... even though this is month before prom it makes prom that much harder.

Do not get wrapped up in the CG drama.  You won't talk to most of these people after HS, just go and perform, since that is what makes you happy.

Relations of any kind with an RA are not a good idea.

Study harder in Latin, showing up to class still drunk from the night before may not be the best idea.

Explain to Rideout in the beginning of the semester your health problems, maybe he'll understand all the side effects of your medications if you're open with him in the beginning, if not take it to the dean much sooner.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    edited December 2011

None of these guys are THE ONE so stop stressing over it and have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:c5643d4b-a385-407f-865e-022a99dfe6fbPost:363430f1-f3e5-4cbb-9a7b-b417ac45436d">Re: A letter to me...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Explain to Rideout in the beginning of the semester your health problems, maybe he'll understand all the side effects of your medications if you're open with him in the beginning, if not take it to the dean much sooner.
    Posted by drink227[/QUOTE]

Where did you go to school?  I had a professor with that name and he was terrible. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Go to grad school for your MSW right away. Don't waste your time with the MA. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Break up with Jim! Stop dating loser boys altogether. Go to the college you want to go to, not to the one that's closest to Jim. Wear your retainer, or else you'll find out how expensive invisalign is later. Take spanish instead of french. Don't give up dancing.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stop spending $$ on clothes and boys.  Save save save.  You're a hard worker and don't reap the reward of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Beagle - Ursinus he's a psych professor

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dear High School Me,

Study harder at Spanish and see it through college. Also- major in education. You may think you dont want to be a teacher- but trust me, you'll wish you did when you're sitting in a cubicle with no view of the outside world for 8.5 hours a day

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Don't be so upset over the break up with Keith.  Infact, just block him on AOL.

Don't take a major because your mom thinks that is what you should do.  If you want interior design, then that's what you should have gone for.

Don't eat so much, chubby.  There is a free weight room in Gym 1-- go use it.

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amer - I think you should try the interior design thing still!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer - I agree with Nicole, you really should. You have an eye for it.

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

• Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    -don't worry about Sarah she's a b*tch and you won't stay friends with her
    -don't worry about your friends choosing her side because they will come to realize they were wrong
    -don't worry about prom because everything works out in the end and you will have a blast
    -don't choose chemical engineering as your major
    -don't worry about the boy who breaks your heart because he'll come back to mend it
    -stay away from the bouncer named Joe
    -don't be roommates with anyone in Boston, just live alone
    -Enjoy every moment
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    -Don't worry about what others think of you.  Those people don't matter anyways.
    -Don't give up on getting your ankle fixed.  You aren't crazy and you know what is wrong.
    -Start getting an internship after sophomore year and try to get one during school.
    -Don't talk to anyone named Tyler.  As nice as he seems he will screw you over anyways.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear HS Me,

Stop hiding your body  because you're self conscience.  So what if you got tatas before anyone else!  They'll catch up and you won't be any of the names you were called in middle school.

Don't Listen to Jenny.  You are smart and she was just trying to bring you down.  Take all the honor classes you want... you ended up in 3 honor societies in college if that tells you how stupid it is to be limited to the regular classes in HS. 

Love,
    The Math Nerd

Dear College Me,

DO NOT go out the first night back sophomore year.  As funny is it to tell people how you bribed a cop with cookies... no worth the stress.

Stay Friends with Nikki no matter what A says.  Don't lose a year of friendship both thinking you mad at each other when it's really A running her mouth.  You stay friends with Nikki long after college is over with.  She's geniune!

Don't date H.  He's cheating on you and doesn't care about you.  Anytime you do all the work, it's not good.  You shouldn't feel guilty calling or texting your BF.  Nor should you have to call the hospitals in the area thinking he was in a car accident going home because did call/text he made it ok for a week...  It takes years for you to get over him.  Not missing him, but the emotional damage he causes...

Love,
    Happy, in love, you!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

High school self:

When J starts emotionally abusing you, leave. Also... when your "friends" ditch you for both the prom limo and senior week... just let it go.  It's not worth it.  And one more thing... don't give up on M.  She would never lie about you. 

College self:

When you want to switch majors because you know that you're never going to do anything with theatre... grow a set and do it.  Better yet... transfer.  That school is far too expensive.  But make sure you keep in touch with both Cs.  They will be amazing friends of yours.  Even if you and C-2 hate each other now.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear HS me,

Talk to someone about what to you are interested in/ are good at doing and where this can lead in very practical terms- what type of job will this get me.  What is the job market like? etc etc.

Go to a consumer education type class.  Try to understand how serious student loans are, don't take out too much!  Same with CC.

Spend a summer down the shore working.

• Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear HS self,

Don't give a flying F*. You certainly won't later, so just start now. And bravo for not having a bf. Dating was definitely the smarter way to go, you learned about d-bag guys who just want sex, but were smart enough not to give them ish!

And College Self,
    Don't get back together with J after he dumped you. It was dumb and you know it. Also, just stay away from pretty much any guy at AU. The straight ones are way too self-important. Stick to the gays, they'll be your friends even after you transfer way too many times. Oh, and on the note of boys, realize their boys, and grow a set and talk to that gorgeous man in your religious studies class on the first day. It'll turn out wonderfully anyway, so you might as well get to him faster! *wink*
    Also, you should have just listened to your heart, and gone with Elementary Ed. to begin with. While you may get a MEd. for free, it would have saved you a lot more time.
    And finally, tell the jack-arses at GMC in the education department, exactly where they can shove their Ph.Ds. You don't give a flying f* what they say, and wish they would have gone into a different field since they obviously don't give a woot about their students.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dear College Me,

Dump your lame ass boyfriend. He will not be worth it in the end and he will waste 2.5 years of your life.

Also, designate more time for studying. You can do really well in school if you start now. Don't wait until Junior year.

Love,
    2011 Me

Drink - My brother and his wife went to Ursinus. What year did you graduate?
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    High School Self:
    Don't date D, he will ruin your life.

That's basically it.   One major change and my whole life would be different.  But then again, I wouldn't have met DH... so I'm a big believer in not changing too much.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dear HS self,

You done good.  I'm tempted to tell you to dump Louis's behind after he kisses another girl the first time, but to be honest, all that crap you let him put you through made you a better person in the end and probably landed you that sweet scholarship to Villanova.  You wouldn't have thrown yourself quite to hard into schoolwork/going to 'Nova had you not needed the distraction after he led you on for six months cheating on your constantly so you'd break up with him instead and he wouldn't have to do the deed.  That said...find a way to open up to Mom about how sad you really are.  A little counseling from a pro probably wouldn't have hurt. 

But I reiterate - you done good.  Now enjoy college and hang out with best pal Liz more often freshman and sophomore year so you can be more up-front about why you think her future husband is bad news. You might have saved her a lot of heartbreak there.

PS - There is NO WAY you were ever pregnant,  Good job making a mountain out of a molehill on that one.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards