Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Anyone been to La Vita Bella in E. Norriton???

I want to get a massage while DH is OOT on Saturday.  Is La Vita Bella any good?

Re: Anyone been to La Vita Bella in E. Norriton???

• edited December 2011
    I got my mani/pedi there the day before my wedding.  I liked it there!  I think Mrs.TCT has inside scoop.

If you don't mind a bit of a drive, I recommend Mellow Massage in East Falls.  Very affordable and great massages.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks.  I'll check out Mellow Massage too!
  • FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't gotten a massage there, I get my hair did there. (couldn't help the "did")

But, I do know people who have gotten massages there, and I haven't heard one bad thing. Not sure on their prices, but the salon and spa are really nice. I'm hoping I get a spa present for x-mas this year.

Rapunzels in Lansdale is amazing. Good pricing there too. I'll have to look up the gal's name that I got the massage from, but it was very relaxing.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MH - if you go with Mellow, I would recommend not using Damon.  Everyone else there is awesome!  I've gone a few times over the past years and  DH and I got our pre-wedding massages there.
  • amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've been there two different times for a massage and I think they do a real good job.  Their spa part of the salon is very quiet and peaceful.  Also I think on their website you can get 10% off your first massage.... at least they had it on there before. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    MH--have you looked into schools?  Dawn Career Institute is in Wilmington (which, are you a Delaware chick like me anyway?) and their prices are a lot less expensive than anywhere else I've seen.  You can get a massage by a student or by someone who just graduated and is working in their spa.  The students are less, but I don't think they have hours on Saturdays.  I've had massages and facials there.

http://www.dawncareerinstitute.edu/spa
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_anyone-la-vita-bella-e-norriton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:c7e83a20-a7bf-4a38-b060-9e0c1c9b8ecfPost:c45ec530-627d-403c-9033-5e1f42aaa17a">Re: Anyone been to La Vita Bella in E. Norriton???</a>:
    [QUOTE]MH--have you looked into schools?  Dawn Career Institute is in Wilmington (which, are you a Delaware chick like me anyway?) and their prices are a lot less expensive than anywhere else I've seen.  You can get a massage by a student or by someone who just graduated and is working in their spa.  The students are less, but I don't think they have hours on Saturdays.  I've had massages and facials there. <a href="http://www.dawncareerinstitute.edu/spa" rel="nofollow">http://www.dawncareerinstitute.edu/spa</a>
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

I was in DE, but moved in September up to Plymouth Meeting.  Since I already made a trip to Total Wine a couple weeks ago, I have no incentive to make the trip back down there since it would be only for a massage :)  thanks though!
  • edited December 2011

I got a full body massage there a few months ago. The lady I had was super strong, haha. There were a few times I thought I was going to have to ask her to stop because instead of feeling good, it hurt. But that could be because I was really tight in that area of my back and she was trying to get the knot out. My friend had a hot stone massage and really liked it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I think I may plan on hitting the gym (LA Fitness right there), showering up, then heading over to La Vita Bella for a massage, then going home to have some wine.  Sounds like a good day doesn't it?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_anyone-la-vita-bella-e-norriton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:c7e83a20-a7bf-4a38-b060-9e0c1c9b8ecfPost:7d4a957a-5085-47cd-82dc-b150058aa962">Re: Anyone been to La Vita Bella in E. Norriton???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I may plan on hitting the gym (LA Fitness right there), showering up, then heading over to La Vita Bella for a massage, then going home to have some wine.  Sounds like a good day doesn't it?
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

Perfect. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hil... can I be you that day??

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011

Ooh, don't forget to drink plenty of water that day!!! Especially after the massage.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_anyone-la-vita-bella-e-norriton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:c7e83a20-a7bf-4a38-b060-9e0c1c9b8ecfPost:cc753f72-e925-4ba5-af0f-a7e8e397cff1">Re: Anyone been to La Vita Bella in E. Norriton???</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hil... can I be you that day??
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

Feel free to join me!  You can't be me, I've been waiting for a massage since before the wedding (Aug 6th) and am finally gonna get it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards