Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Manayunk/East Falls Venues - Artesano and Peche

My fiance and I are looking into both Artesano Iron Works in Manayunk (on Cresson) and Peche at Sherman Mills, both would be catered by Peachtree & Ward.  Does anyone have past experience with either venue or this caterer?  They seem to be one of the best and a pleasure to deal with!  Would love your opinions if you've heard good/bad things, looked there yourself or been to a wedding at either place!

THANK YOU LADIES!

Re: Manayunk/East Falls Venues - Artesano and Peche

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is at Artesano this October.  Ivan, Igor and Dawn have been THE BEST people to deal with.  I have had so many ridiculous questions and they answer each one with such patience and care.  The space is just ridiculous (as you know) and a plus is that they allow you to use open flames (have you seen the awesome candleabras they rent out?)... We are using Sage Catering, but I hear Peachtree and Ward is fabulous.  It is so worth every penny of the rental fee, which is definitely higher than what we ever expected to pay.  Good luck and happy planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  My fiance and I went to see it this past weekend and fell in love!  We are going for next October!  I even got teary-eyed just walking around when we were there because it felt RIGHT after looking at so many other places that just weren't our style.  Are you doing a sitdown, buffet or cocktail style reception?  Band or DJ?  I don't know why I am afraid of the space not being big enough for seated tables (we are inviting 190) - I need to get that out of my head!  What all is included in the rental fee (which yes, is high but worth it like you said!)?  In love with the candelabras!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are doing "stations" which I guess is more of a cocktail reception.  We will have different size round tables and a lot of high tops.  I've seen full seated dinners there before - one that I loved was just long rectangular tables stretching the entire length of the upstairs.  We invited 184 but will only have seating for about 75%of the guests.  The space is huge, so I don't know why you are worried about having space for everyone!  It would definitely work.  Caterers who are familiar with the space would be able to help you work the layout.

All of the artwork and beautifully crafted iron tables and iron work are included in the fee, but you have to bring in tables, linens, everything else yourself - most caterers will handle all of this for you and good news is that you will have SO many options this way (as opposed to using a hall somewhere that only has black and white linens to choose from).  Your options are pretty much endless.  Bad news - candleabras, extra high top iron tables and the hanging curtain dividers are all extra $.

I can't wait for October.  I really think when everything comes together the space will blow our guests away!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey,

I was wondering if you had any advice on DJ's. I am getting married at Artesano in Manayunk as well.

THanks,

Jackie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards