Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

starting to really....

not lke reading my month board. They really are starting to just post stupid effing crap and I just like want to do the slow clap at them all. I cant imagine what other stupid stuff they are going to post in the next couple of months.

Did all month boards get like this in the few months before the wedding?

Like making posts like CHECK.. I ordered my tuxes! and have no pic or no link or anything. I hate posts like that. I like details and stories. Am I a biatch for thinking like that?

Re: starting to really....

• Options
    edited December 2011
    (I don't really check my month board either)
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I do check it, I am the mod there too, but I just don't feel like reading it. I get excited by the post sometimes and then I open it and it is like one sentence, and no pic. :(  I don't have to worry about vendors on that board so I dont open every post anymore. haha.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This happened on my month board (which, to be fair, was insanely large and active).  The mods had to make a new rule that checks should include indicators of what the check was in the subject and had to include PIPs where possible.  The had tried to do a post once or twice a week where everyone could AW their checks, but I don't think that took off.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and they do the omg 4 months, etc, posts.... um we are all in the same month, calm down.  So I might have to make a guideline. I really can't stand going on there sometimes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah... mines too far out, so it's just the really excited posts like, 'omg!!!11!!! Its official!!!1111!!!1!' and the 'when do I start planning?' type posts.Oh, and then the 'it's my wedding, who cares if it's the day after christmas?' type posts... I'm guilty of the 'checks' posts... but normally I'll include a picture, or add it to my bio. We don't have a mod on our board yet. How does one go about becoming a mod?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

You all know my famous "OMG CHECK!!!  I got stamps today!!!  Haven't put them on the invites, but I got them! Checkitty check-CHECK!!!!"

Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just feel like a huge outsider on the month board.  I mean, I just started chatting here, and I don't feel like all you lovely Philly ladies are like "wtf is this RecoveringActor chick doing here?" but I feel that way on my month board.  They're doing a SS... and one girl posted something about how mad she was that she didn't recognize the name of her swap person.

It's intimidating jumping into a board where people already have these relationships already formed.  It just feels very elitist sometimes.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is SS?  And that is weird you don't feel at home in your month board.. I Was on my month board forever now and there was a few of us at first. I loved it though. and I still love my month board but they are just a little ridic right now.

So I did post and some of the girls agree with what i said about the little checks. I am suggesting they put it in the morning post, like some of the girls do on here now. I like it that way, small checks go in the morning post, easy peasy, some of them did not like it. But whatever, it is just easier. And every day more and more girls are popping on the board, so it is going to get really chaotic really fast.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Secret santa

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't like my monthly board either.  One day I looked and we had about 8-10 stickies on the top.  Then all the sudden the mod said she was leaving TK.  That and no matter what everyone just agrees with each other.  I don't check it often anymore. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Amy.... yeah, our month board is kind of insane.  I don't check it very often either. 

Is SS  Secret Santa? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Recovering - I'm that month too! The Secret Santa was too ridiculous for me. The girls there are really intimidating though. And, since we have such a popular month, there are just SO many people.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How can you do secret santa? Like you literally buy someone something?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My month board insititued the weekly "AW Your Checks here" post and that worked quite well.  As the mid if you started that it might help :)
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_starting-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ccbb6b64-0be7-4c3d-ab78-16b4b788ed49Post:124c71fd-77cc-4042-99fa-6b542076fd93">Re: starting to really....</a>:
    [QUOTE]How can you do secret santa? Like you literally buy someone something?!
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Apparently. I didn't pay a whole lot of attention. You had to sign up and whatnot - so yea, I think there are actual presents involved.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Omg that is odd, then you have to give your address out to those people.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm late but I wouldn't give out my address. 
    My month board started to stress me out so I stopped posting.  I lurk once in a while but that's about it.  All of the "checks" made me feel behind and lazy.  Some of the girls were doing things that I hadn't even considered and it made me feel like I should have been doing more than I was.  Looking back, I was fine, just had a life besides my wedding.  No offense to any November Knotties, I'm just different.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Our monthly board did an ornament exchange.  There are a lot of crazy people on there.... no way would I want them to know where I live. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bean--it's nice to know I'm not alone in feeling intimidated by that board!!! 

I've done internet exchanges before... but it's on this website ravelry.  It's a knitting and crocheting social networking site. And our swaps are knitting related.  But I talked to these people for a LONG TIME before giving info out.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We did a Secret Santa exchange last year on our month board via Elfster and we're doing it again this year even thought we're now on The Nest.  The website does the pairing up, and only the person who gets you sees your home address so they can mail you a gift.  It was successful last year, and I cannot wait to see what I get this year!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards