October 2010 Weddings

HOLY $! DH just lost his ring

ETA: Apparently, JUST KIDDING! He forgot it on the bathroom sink. It was here at home the whole time. Silly husband... Thank you Tisha and Kristen for helping me through my panic attack!

David is at a concert and just texted and then called me to tell me his ring fell off. All this time he's been worried about the ring being too small and it f-ing FELL OFF!

I'm upset, but I was trying not to be upset while talking to him and I guess it kind of backfired. He was yelling not really AT me but more like TO me about how upset he was. I kept saying go talk to someone at the venue!

Ugh, I'm pretty devestated. :( I mean, we actually got the ring for free and it wasn't expensive in the first place, but it's his wedding ring, you know?

So this wasn't really a question or anything, I just really needed to cry for a minute.

Chrissy & David -- 10/10/10

This is my "OMG-Don't-Drop-Me" face

Planning Bio

Re: HOLY $! DH just lost his ring

• Oh sweetie!  That sucks!!!  I totally understand what you mean about it not being the monetary value, but the sentimental value!

A friend of ours lost his wedding ring, skinny dipping, on a river trip.  I felt so bad for him.  He was really upset.

I hope your husband can find it! 

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Oh no! :( I hope he can find it! Yea it was free but it means a lot to you!

Ryan really doesn't like his bc "it feels weird." I keep telling him (and so did another guy) that it just takes time to get used to, but he takes it off when he can so he's not really allowing himself to get used to it. He wants to get a tattoo and doesn't understand why I don't want him to. Yes, his ring was like $60, but it means a lot to me that he does wear it. It's like you said, it's sentimental and a tattoo wouldn't be IMO. 
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • I hope he can, too!

He just texted me again and said he spoke to someone at the venue but there isn't really anything he can do until after the concert. He says he hopes he finds it or else he "doesn't know what [he] is going to do!"

I told him obviously we will have to get a divorce and do the whole wedding thing over again.

Ugh... I was having an ok day until this, too!

Planning Bio

• In Response to Re: HOLY $! DH just lost his ring:
    Oh no! :( I hope he can find it! Yea it was free but it means a lot to you! Ryan really doesn't like his bc "it feels weird." I keep telling him (and so did another guy) that it just takes time to get used to, but he takes it off when he can so he's not really allowing himself to get used to it. He wants to get a tattoo and doesn't understand why I don't want him to. Yes, his ring was like $60, but it means a lot to me that he does wear it. It's like you said, it's sentimental and a tattoo wouldn't be IMO. 
    Posted by Blondnette

David was weird about his at first, too. He was freaked out that one day he wouldn't be able to get it off his finger so much that he kept taking it on and off, just in case. Well, of course, that made his joint swell up and then it became even harder to take it off! After I explained that he, in fact, was causing it to get stuck by playing with it so much he left it alone.

Guess he didn't really have to worry about it being too small after all

Planning Bio

• edited October 2010
    Well here's to hoping he finds it! What kind of metal was it?

The nice thing about the guys ring being lost or whatever is that they aren't nearly as expensive as ours. You could always get it off overstock, that's where I got Ryan's from - his is Tungsten Carbide. 
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • David's is also tungsten carbide. And I keep telling him that we knew that we would probably have to replace it at some point in our lives since you can't resize it. That point just came a lot sooner than we thought. :/

I'm really just trying to be ok with this and prepare for him not to be able to find it. But I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that he does.

Planning Bio

• Uh... ok, well, seems that he jumped the gun and freaked me out for no reason.

Guess who's ring was on the bathroom sink when I went to take out my contacts just now?

...oh, DH... *facepalm*

Planning Bio

• Good!! I'm glad all is well! Funny thing is Ryan forgot to put his on for work this morning. Silly husbands..
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • i'm glad you found it!  I'd freak out too.  This morning DH made it to work and realize his was on the bathroom sink, so he went home to get it so he wouldn't be with out it
  • Glad everything turned out ok! 
    Alan spent the first few days with his ring thinking he had a band-aid on, but I think he's gotten used to it now.
    Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

• In Response to Re: HOLY $! DH just lost his ring:
    Uh... ok, well, seems that he jumped the gun and freaked me out for no reason. Guess who's ring was on the bathroom sink when I went to take out my contacts just now? ...oh, DH... *facepalm*
    Posted by prideeinpynk
    LOL, I think I would have made him sweat it out :P  But I'm a biitch like that.  Why does he take it off?  DH's is tungsten carbide and he doesn't take it off at all.  

His was $45 on Amazon.  Love it.  eBay, also a good place.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards