Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

question for Summer brides (already married)

so I am now starting to freak about the weather. each time I try my dress on it seems heavier and hotter. so my question is... when was your wedding and were you sweating during ceremony/pics/etc??

Re: question for Summer brides (already married)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in the same boat as you... and our friends P&K were married in the summer about 4 years ago, and the entire male side of the BP had 2 shirts.  I have no suggestion for the ladies... but the 2 shirts idea was genius.  We're stealing it.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what a good idea! are you just gonna keep them on the limo or at the reception so they can change?
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not married, nor a summer bride.

However FI is in a wedding this summer and this is what they are doing for shirts:

"  In picking the tuxes I chose to go with a few "different" selections. We're going to wear a microfiber shirt, because well it's going to be July and with my luck it will be 100 degrees that day, the microfiber is going to be a lot cooler and much more comfortable in the heat."
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We aren't having a limo, but Gzilla is severely motion sick, so it seems pointless to rent one if he can't ride in it.  But we'll probably bring them with us and they can change in the suite before the reception.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got married outside the first weekend in August.  I also sweat really easy and was terrified that I would be drenched.  We really lucked out and had a nice, sunny day that wasn't too hot (I don't remember the exact temp) or humid.  Our ceremony started at 6pm, so the sun was going down and it got cooler.

To prep though, I got a good cotton powder from Sephora because I hate the smell of baby powder and even though I didn't need something to slim/smooth I still purchased spendex shorts to wear through the ceremony... just to absorb any sweat around my midsection/legs.  I also had the MUA use airbrush foundation so it wouldn't melt off of me.

I suggested the 2 shirt idea to DH and he blew it off, so he's lucky it wasn't so hot.  I think Men's Wearhouse charges a minimal fee, maybe $10, for the extra dress shirt if that's your tux shop.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was married in late August, it wasn't too hot but it was a little humid.  I would recommend Fresh Sugar Deodorant from Sephora--it's a little expensive ($18, I think), but a bottle lasts forever and it really works--even better than Certain Dri, in my opinion.  Stay in a/c the day of the wedding as long as you can, too!
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is doing the two shirt thing from Men's Wearhouse.  It was $10.  I mean, we're getting married in 2 weeks, so most likely, it won't be that hot, but FI is a sweat-er, so we wanted to make sure he was comfortable.  If he doesn't use it, so be it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We were married in July and it would have been hot has heck if it weren't for the fact that it monsooned most of the day and cooled things off. It was a blessing in disguise ;) I also used airbrush makeup for sweating purposes and it worked really well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and as far as makeup goes... if you aren't going the airbrush route... Urban Decay's Deslick in a tube and Razor Sharp finishing powder is a girl's BFF during the summer.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-summer-brides-already-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ce0d9d97-a84b-41e5-908c-b8391f50f1ffPost:421e84e3-1807-46ff-b8eb-80d3b740131c">Re: question for Summer brides (already married)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh, and as far as makeup goes... if you aren't going the airbrush route... Urban Decay's Deslick in a tube and Razor Sharp finishing powder is a girl's BFF during the summer.
    Posted by RecoveringActor[/QUOTE]

I vote that you just get me a crap ton of make up from where you work, and we can have a GTG over that!
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-summer-brides-already-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ce0d9d97-a84b-41e5-908c-b8391f50f1ffPost:7d795aba-90e6-4506-b891-8250d7f13ad4">Re: question for Summer brides (already married)</a>:
    [QUOTE]We were married in July and it would have been hot has heck if it weren't for the fact that it monsooned most of the day and cooled things off. It was a blessing in disguise ;)
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

As my date twin above mentioned, our day wasn't unbearably hot, but I did the Certain Dry every night for the few weeks leading up to the wedding and then just wore my regular deodorant on the day of (and brought extra for reapplications).

I decided to wear a shaper that was like a dress/slip so I didn't have stuff on my legs.

We did all of our pics outside and had the ceremony outside, and we were fine.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, AND I should add that I actually almost passed out during one of my fittings, and I was also worried that my dress was going to be too hot and heavy, but then it was fine.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-summer-brides-already-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ce0d9d97-a84b-41e5-908c-b8391f50f1ffPost:e7d61772-1db5-4005-9f0b-059dfec51e22">Re: question for Summer brides (already married)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: question for Summer brides (already married) : As my date twin above mentioned, our day wasn't unbearably hot, but I did the Certain Dry every night for the few weeks leading up to the wedding and then just wore my regular deodorant on the day of (and brought extra for reapplications). I decided to wear a shaper that was like a dress/slip so I didn't have stuff on my legs. We did all of our pics outside and had <strong>the ceremony outside, and we were fine.
    </strong>Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

Your ceremony was OUTSIDE?! Damn you and your evening wedding!! =P
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the tips!! I am definitely going to get that deodorant and ask my MUA about the airbrushing!
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I got married in July... i think it was like 87ish.  I wasn't sweating during the ceremony (there was a nice breeze) but I was sweating my ASSSSS off during the pictures.   I have pictures of me walking with my skirt all sorts of hitched up because I needed ventilation

I reccommend having the hubs hold some extra tissues in his pocket for sweat-wiping. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_question-summer-brides-already-married?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ce0d9d97-a84b-41e5-908c-b8391f50f1ffPost:d8103819-2e05-4f2f-8a12-e0f6c4d18568">Re: question for Summer brides (already married)</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got married in July... i think it was like 87ish.  I wasn't sweating during the ceremony (there was a nice breeze) but I was sweating my ASSSSS off during the pictures.   I have pictures of me walking with my skirt all sorts of hitched up because I needed ventilation  I reccommend having the hubs hold some extra tissues in his pocket for sweat-wiping. 
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

I love that he's looking at you like WTF?
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    >>I love that he's looking at you like WTF? <<

That's a common look on his face with me :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards