Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

need your help please!!!

okay, so I posted on the AW/vent/open letter thread that a company charged me $130 for not stacking chairs. They claim that they verbally told me but they didn't and I never signed a contract. The prez of the company said she'd give me half back.

I called my CC company to see what the likelihood would be of getting my money back and they said basically if they contact the merchant and they provide any documentation stating that the chairs should've been stacked then it kind of ends there. The rental company did put it on their contract but I didn't sign it and they didn't record any of the phone conversations.

So what should I do? Should I take half or try to dispute it with the CC??

Re: need your help please!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I guess it depends on how much you want/need the additional $65 and how much time and effort you're willing to put into fighting it.  Me personally, I would take the 1/2 offer from the Prez and move on with my life.  Now that doesn't mean that I wouldn't be pissed and let them know that I would let others know that they scammed me with no proof that it was ever communicated to me.

I've never fought a charge with a CC company, so I don't really know how much time and drama goes into it.
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take the half.

It does state it in the contract so they do have the right to charge you, however $130 for what is no more than an hours work is excessive. It appears you had a great day. Don't ruin your wedding memories over $65.
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would take the half. I just wouldn't want to go through all the trouble/drama of getting the extra 65 dollars back.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, after I voted for dispute, I changed my mind. I wouldn't fight over $65... I mean, in the grand scheme of things, it's really only a dinner out with the H. Or a tank of gas. ( I have a Jeep, it's a tank of gas for me)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would take the half and move on with your life. I am the last person to settle but it might not be worth the additonal aggrivation and who knows how long it could take to resolve. Maybe you can get on the record with the BBB about this company?  I would def make sure other people knew what happened to you and make it public. Bad PR will hurt them more in the pocket and may get them to change their tune.

GL!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I vote for dispute - only because it's not that much of a pain in the butt as it may seem.  I had to dispute something before, and it was actually pretty easy.. I guess it depends on your CC company, but mine it was just a 2 minute phone call and done.  The burden of proof was not on ME, it was on the company to prove I agreed to the charges.  If you are saying you didn't sign the contract, I don't know how they'd prove it.. so I think it's worth the dispute and should be pretty simple.
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ditto MH - I'm sure I could ditto others, but unfortunately I've got a major migraine coming on right now as I'm supposed to be doing homework and not on the knot.....

I'd just take half - I'm usually a fighter till the end, but CC companies can be a huge pain. Maybe try the dispute if, it's a 2 minute convo like ooodsie, then wonderful you got all of it back - but if it's more of a hassle, just take the money you can and b!tch and moan about it.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards