• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
October 2010 Weddings

Going to be a widow, because I'm going to kill my husband.

Okay, I know, it's a horrible thing to joke about.

But I am seriously PEEVED at DH.  He went to Boston this weekend (about a 6 hour drive), to do some stupid tournament.  Took the two biggest restaurant days off so he could do this.  So right off the bat, it's an expensive trip.  In his defense, he did ask me if I thought it was okay, and I said go, it'll make you happy.

So fastforward.  I worked, got out around 11.  I knew he was hanging out with a friend he rarely gets to see (lives a couple towns over from Boston, DH is staying with him tonight), and didn't want to interrupt.  Figured, this friend has a very young baby, and a "real" job, and probably wouldn't be up super late anyway.  So around 2am, I texted Ross, like a hey, how's your night, don't want to interrupt too badly.

No answer.

Send another 15 minutes later.

No answer.

Started calling at 2:30, straight to voicemail.  So I'm freaking out, because I'm a worst case scenario type of person.  Obviously his phone is going to voicemail because he's in an emergency room somewhere and they've turned it off.  So I'm crying and fretting, and trying to figure out what to do.  I don't want to call the friend, because see above, he's got a young infant, and I'm betting sleep is precious.  So I send a text, thinking well, it's less intrusive than a phone call.  Get a call from the friend's phone a couple minutes later.  Yeah.  "Oh, my phone died and I forgot to turn it back on." Are you effing kidding me?  It's THREE AM, when was it going to occur to you that you should call your WIFE and say hey... I'm alive <3 you and crap.

He's currently wrapping up his night with the friend.  I told him, point blank, I'm sorry, but I am EXTREMELY upset with you.  

AGH.  What a poophead.

/end rant.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

Re: Going to be a widow, because I'm going to kill my husband.

• *hugs* i would totally be freaked out and po'ed too. ugh.
    Brandon and Jenn 10.10.10ers 4life!

[url=http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=UBB&utm_campaign=tickers][img]http://global.thenest.com/tickers/ttdd78a.aspx[/img][/url]

[center]Oct. 2010 Sept. Siggy- Anni Gift Idea
    Hmm I still don't know I should problem get on this. I already saw my gift stashed in the closet. Now I have to live up to that. haha.
    [/center]
  • I can totally understand where you are coming from. Mike does the same thing with his phone, or leaves it somewhere where he cant hear it. It makes me nutty, and I always throw Logan in his face , like what if something happened and I couldnt get ahold of him..mean but its so annoying. charge your phone, call. your wife..simple.  Guys are just silly!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can totally see where you're coming from. If I try to call DH and he doesn't have his phone, he thinks it's no big deal even if it's an emergency.
    On the flip side, my phone is ALWAYS in vibrate (I hate cell phone rings), so if every so often I don't hear it, he gets mad. Umm, yea?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Going to be a widow, because I'm going to kill my husband.:
    [QUOTE]... charge your phone, call. your wife..
    Posted by [email protected][/QUOTE]

I totally read this in the "Hide ya kids, hide ya wife" rhythm and tone...
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • Thanks ladies.  We're still... well I wouldn't say "fighting," but we haven't made up.  He says to me last night that he forgot to turn the phone on because it was in another room, and "out of sight, out of mind." Seriously?  I said, "Do you have any idea how that makes me feel?  That it never occurred to you to call me?  That I was out of sight, out of mind?"  Which I know he -meant- the phone, but since I'm on the other end of that phone, I'm taking it personally.  

I'm headed into work for the night... he won't be home until late.  Blah.

Photobucket

• In Response to Re: Going to be a widow, because I'm going to kill my husband.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Going to be a widow, because I'm going to kill my husband. : I totally read this in the "Hide ya kids, hide ya wife" rhythm and tone...
    Posted by debbieupper[/QUOTE

This made me LOL! That is the funniest video ever!
    23 Weeks and Counting!
    [IMG]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb380/ABell1023/photobucket-4050-1326121409284-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • ugh jena, this sucks. i would have flipped out. i hope he does something super sweet, super soon to make up for it!
  • My ex-husband did this to me early on in our marriage and I had a similar reaction.  He decided to stay up all night playing poker with his cousins and not answer his phone (said he couldn't hear it).  I was sooooo upset and worried.  Stupid, stupid man.  GRRRR!  He did it a few more times until I told him I would literally kick him out of the bedroom next time and that he was an inconsiderate jerk.  I explained that I couldn't sleep and if he just called and said, "Hon, I'm going to stay out all night with my cousins", I would say, "Okay" and go to sleep.  It was the not knowing that freaked me out.  Ugh, men.
    Our Wedding Day
  • He did well.  Stopped at a Whole Foods one the way home and picked me up lilies, then did some snuggling while going over the Pro-pics.  

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards