Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Add'l STd addressing question

I know that STD's can be less formal in how you address them, but I am confused about + guest invites. For example, FI has a few friends who recently started dating new girls. FI friends will be invited plus guest but I do not know if these girls will still be around (to be honest!). SO my question is if you plan to invite someone plus guest but you are not sure who the guest would be, do you address STD as +guest or do you just address the STD to the person who will be invited and then wait for the formal invitation to say anything about a guest. I guess even if a friend has been with someone for awhile, but the bf/gf would not be invited if they broke up. Hope that makes sense. Thanks for your input!

Re: Add'l STd addressing question

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just addressed it to the person invited (no guest).  I even sent some wedding invites "and guest" even though they had gf/bf because I wanted to leave it up to them to choose their date.  I didn't want to assume... it could get sticky.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just addressed some last night and went with friends name.  

For long term couples I put both names on different lines as they are not married.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We didn't put + guest on the STDs. 

Yorkie Jenga

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish we hadn't put (plus guest) on the STDs because now we are basically obligated to invite with a date - even if they broke up with their significant other in the meantime.  Oh well!
  • Options
    mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok ladies. Thanks for the input. I think I will just leave the plus guest off of them to avoid any "problems." :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards