Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

NWR: The Twilight hysteria continues

I'm watching the cast of Twilight on Oprah and am cracking up.  Robert Pattinson is going door to door surprising fans with tickets to the show...the best reaction so far is a girl's mom screaming and squealing "HE'S SO HOT!" at the camera.

Clearly she knows all about his cold sparkly schlong.

Re: NWR: The Twilight hysteria continues

• Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL yea I seen that episode. I would die if she showed up at my house! squeeee!

Get the idea out of my head LRM! ;-)  I will need 2 bukets tomorrow night now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I don't GET IT.  I think R-Putz is the ugliest mo-fo on either side of the pond and can't act his way out of a paper bag. 

(that felt good). And don't get me started on "Edward" and his abusive ways....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL aw its ok Cara... I won't flame you.

I think I just like the allure of the whole thing, not exactly Rpatz, but just the story line... I am a romantic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    See.....that's another thing I don't get. How is it romantic? "I love you so much I'm going to hurt you...stay away!" That's abusive.  I get upset when I see all these tweenage girls who hold up Bella and Edward as the role models for relationships.  This girl thinks she's worthless and he's a perfect angel.  And no matter how many times he hurts her, she just falls back into his arms saying he can do no wrong. I find it sad.

And I love vampire stories, especially Vampire Diaries (the original books, not the show) and True Blood.

Team Jacob!

(eta - flame away!  I'll be back on later. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I see your point, I stil like it though.

I don't watch any other vampire things, maybe I should try
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The books, for me at least, are all just about fantasy fulfillment.  Yes, they're totally anti-feminist.  Yes, they're terribly written.  No, I don't think Bella is a role model.  However, I do think the remarkable appeal of the books comes from the fact that there's a little bit of Bella in every year - awkward, thinks so little of herself when she has so much potential.  And part of all of us wants to be swept away by an Edward - a perfect, beautiful man who wants nothing more than to listen to us whine all day.  The fantastical vampire/werewolf mythos just adds another layer - who would wan't powerful, animal-like dudes with perfectly chiseled bodies lusting after you?  For me, it's a total guilty pleasure and an escapist thing.  The way that I a lot of teenage girls cope with fantasy fulfillment is screaming obsession...how many of us felt the same way growing up about the Backstreet Boys or 'N Sync or Hanson or whoever as girls now feel about Pattison and Lautner?  Not only are they relatively attractive dudes girls can fantasize about, but they get to act out the ultimate teenage girl fantasy on screen. 

No flaming here - just explainng what the appeal for many people is.  I get that Twilight isn't necessarily every girl's brand of fantasy, though :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Excellent points! Its like the video said, Bella is written so loosely that pretty much anyone can read her and slip themselves right into her shoes.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kristen Stuart is a horrible actress, I think they could have gotten anyone for that part but she is just horrible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    R-Pat = scary ugly.  Seriously.  Puke.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of this Twilight and vampire crap drives me crazy! I think its so stupid...grrrr! And FI actually likes Twilight, and has watched them all willingly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards