Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Help me find a save the date magnet

FI and I went to Ursinus, and they have a smaller replica of the LOVE statue on campus.  I want the save the date to have that image one it, and I think I saw one, but can't find it now.

Any ideas, or should I just create it on vistaptrint?  Did anyone else do magnets there and like how it turned out?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help me find a save the date magnet

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Are you planning on doing engagement photos?  It sounds ot me like that would be the perfect spot.  Even if you don't do them professionally, you could always hop back on campus and take a photo at the statue yourselves. 

I did Save the Date magnets through MagnetStreet.  They were pricier than Vistaprint, but a lot more hassle free and better quality, in my opinion. They will also customize everything to how you want it - photos, colors, fonts, wording, and they will send you digital proofs before you get them printed up. It's easy to find coupon codes for them, too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did mine on vistaprint and only paid for shipping. That's my vote. :) my pics are in my bio if you want to see the quality.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I did Magnetstreet. LOVED them and everyone raved about them. Pics in my bio of them. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!

I'll look more closely at those 2 sites.  I know that I don't want out photos on it, but a lot of sites don't have many non-photo options.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_save-date-magnet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d02de148-4e0b-410e-9005-be0999970840Post:63bc817e-2183-4127-8886-9fe03c635321">Re: Help me find a save the date magnet</a>:
    [QUOTE]I did mine on vistaprint and only paid for shipping. That's my vote. :) my pics are in my bio if you want to see the quality.
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow!  How did you get that deal?  Was it a special that they were running?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ysl - if you sign up for their e-mails (which come every five minutes, but it's worth it while planning our wedding) they will send you deals constantly for "free" stuff, where you just pay shipping.  I am pretty sure that the shipping does not actually cost as much as what they charge you, but you still save a ton.  I did our donation-in-lieu-of-favor cards and photo-sharing cards there and they were both 'free".
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Exactly. I actually signed up on upromise so whatever I do spend, a percentage goes back in to a savings account. We're booking our honeymoon that way, and we're getting 60% off and 8% of what we do pay comes back to us. I did my photosharing cards, return address labels, (2 different sets) pens, magnets, stamps... All free. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a pic of me and DH in front of that statue from like 6 years ago when he graduated from his masters program.  Cool pic.  I wanted to get wedding pics there but DH didn't want them b/c he works up there and didn't want pictures of things he sees everyday.  I think it's really awesome though. 

I did magnet street.  Got a coupon code online like LRM said.  They are good quality.  I was going to just make them myself but realized that would cost just as much in the end since I'd have to laminate them or something to keep them spill proof since they're in people's kitchens.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow this place is awesome! I'm about to order a free stamp...and perhaps a couple more items. LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_save-date-magnet?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d02de148-4e0b-410e-9005-be0999970840Post:e0102ef9-ba8d-4ea2-80eb-3a99d55a8e9e">Re: Help me find a save the date magnet</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow this place is awesome! I'm about to order a free stamp...and perhaps a couple more items. LOL
    Posted by ysl1983[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I saw that they had free car magnet for sale but it was only for ONE magnet.  Do they usually have free deals for more?</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Vistaprint and DH somehow got the LOVE statue in the background of our Save the Date.  PM me and I can try to find the file when I get home.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YSL- go over to the DIY board and look for the coupons. everyone over there asks for them, so someone usually posts the deals once a day.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011

QT Girl- YGPM.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards