Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

QOTD-4/15

Sorry I was super busy yesterday and completely forgot a question!

I finally attempted the other JIllian, Shred it yesterday and I liked it alot... it's a kettleball activity though I used a dumbbell as I do not have a kettleball.. Soooo What is your favorite thing to do for working out? Video (be specific), On Demand (Specific Activity) or Gym (Specific Activities)...

Re: QOTD-4/15

• Options
    edited December 2011
    gym- i LOVE lunges. i lunge across the gym and back like 20 times. 
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like being lazy and wishing the weight away. Unfortunately this is not productive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_qotd-415?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d05b6e98-cb04-466d-900c-29fad3b23d11Post:68bf3981-4a6e-46fa-993a-ae381a30ce96">Re: QOTD-4/15</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like being lazy and wishing the weight away. Unfortunately this is not productive.
    Posted by nicole8586[/QUOTE]

Cosigned, Me.

I like taking DD for walks.... we're also gonna start hitting White Clay Creek park trails and Fair Hill soon. Line dancing on wednesday nights. Especially when I was dancing more often. Best workout ever.

Anything that doesn't feel like a workout is fun IMO.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I <3 the arc machine. I hated it at first, but now that I'm stronger and a little bit lighter, I can actually stay on it forever, and it's awesome.

I also really like the ab coaster and the pulldown machine. The ab coaster because I can feel it working right when I'm done, and the pulldown machine because it feels super good on my shoulders, heh.

ETA: Taking the pups on long walks. They're always so happy when we're walking, it's super cute.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_qotd-415?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d05b6e98-cb04-466d-900c-29fad3b23d11Post:68bf3981-4a6e-46fa-993a-ae381a30ce96">Re: QOTD-4/15</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like being lazy and wishing the weight away. Unfortunately this is not productive.

Same here.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like yoga and pilates, but I enjoy sitting on my butt more.

Signed,

Fatty McFatterson
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah. I forgot about pilates. I use the Maury Windsor DVDs. I have the original and the one with the circle. They work really well, and they're phenomenal for posture.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like pilates and spin even though I haven't been there in forever.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think we all know that I worship Jillian Michaels. I prefer Ripped in 30 to 30 Day Shred... BUT Gzilla wouldn't be able to make it through 15 minutes of Ripped in 30, so I do 30DS more often.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_qotd-415?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d05b6e98-cb04-466d-900c-29fad3b23d11Post:68bf3981-4a6e-46fa-993a-ae381a30ce96">Re: QOTD-4/15</a>:

This.

But, with the wedding on the way, I've actually made myself go gymming. I run, which I'm not hating as much now that I'm getting better at it. I also use free weights for arm/back exercises (the parts of me that show in my wedding dress) and do lots of crunches. I love the free weights and crunches part, especially since I can go in one of the back rooms and do them without the entire gym being able to watch.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Running. Running. Running. Running.....oh and Running.
    :)

But because I'm on the injured reserve list for running for 2 more weeks :(  I like elliptical and spinning.
    For on Demand I liked Jackie Warner work outs but they took them off-- so I like anything Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred and 6week 6pack.

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS, HWH--I looked into getting Jillian's kettleball... and it's like $90.  No thanks.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like running, but apparently my legs hate me now and won't cooperate.  Hopefully I can resurrect this activity outside.  It's just mentally therapeutic for me.

I love our TRX suspension bands.  I can do a bunch of exercises standing in one spot, with one piece of equipment.  Plus, I can push myself to exhaustion and still not get bigger like I do with weight lifting.

happy - I have 2 kettlebells, but never really got into the workouts.  Some exercises weren't too bad, but most of them just felt awkward to me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I miss the days I used to do dance classes, but I can't anymore because of my knee.

At home - I usually do one of Jillian's(30DS or 6W6P)

At gym - Lowimpact Zumba

Philly Sig Challenge

For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So I don't look like a complete lazy arse, I like anything don't feel like a work out like paprika. I miss dancing, I was skin and bones in high school from dance.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bought 6W6P the other day at Costco havent tried it yet... I have 30 ds and used that many times...

RA_ What is Ripped in 30?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I can't do high-impact anything because of my back.  I did 5 minutes of the 30DS and I hurt my back for 2 weeeks.

I have a friend who is a trainer, so I 'm going to ask him to help develop a plan with me so I can gain tone and muscle without doing more harm.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto jess! Run, run, run! Specifically outside when its 70 and party cloudy LOL. also, ab ripper x (part of p90x).
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Ripped in 30 is her newest one... it came out in March.  Cait & I both have it... and it really kicks your butt.  It's like 30DS on steroids.  It's the same 3-2-1 format, but more amped up.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like 30DS. I also like Pilates and workouts on an exercise ball.

ETA: I think I'd be interested in some kind of dance classes too.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Zumba, but because it doesn't feel like working out.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards