Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: When do you put up the Christmas tree?

• Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right after Thanksgiving.  I have about half of my Christmas decorations up....  our artificial tree is out of the closet, it will be put up and decorated tonight!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would have put up my decorations this weekend but I slacked and yesterday I was out and then as the day went on I felt sluggish, so I will try this week and then this weekend we will go pick a tree! I want to have it for long enough to enjoy it, so I think the weekend after Thanksgiving weekend will be the time for us every year. (Don't want to get it right at Thanksgiving so it will dry out in my house)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My decorations went up last weekend, and the tree is going on Sunday :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours is already up.  Granted, its a chanukah bush and chanukah starts Monday.  I LOVE the look of christmas trees. I love turning off all the nights and just plugging in the tree.  We have a fake 4' tree that we decorate with white lights and blue and white ornaments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Since we're moving out this year right around Christmas, we're not putting up a tree this year! I'm so bummed!

My parents will probably get their next weekend, so I'll help them put it up and decorate it.

And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    J- At least you get to help put a tree up, even if it is not yours.

Cara- What is a Hanukkah bush?  Post a pic of yours sometime!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_put-up-christmas-tree?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d1f5533e-c23e-44a5-aaf0-f9c417effb9cPost:23bf36ea-8b86-4393-b0cc-75dc105096f2">Re: When do you put up the Christmas tree?</a>:
    [QUOTE]J- At least you get to help put a tree up, even if it is not yours. Cara- What is a Hanukkah bush?  Post a pic of yours sometime!
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

Its really just a christmas tree, but I make myself feel better about it by decorating it in chanukah colors and calling it a chanukah bush.  I do have a fake jewish star topper! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Last year was 2 weeks before Christmas...this year we will be getting married so probably the week of Christmas. I wish I had a fake tree to put it up now!

My mom helped me decorate my windows Friday. The are a mix of wedding and Christmas. I put up my nativity scene yesterday, but that was the extent of my decorating since I felt like crap.
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are decorating next weekend and we will get a tree too. This year we decided on getting a "non-traditional" tree and decorating it haha. I'm allergic to Christmas trees.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_put-up-christmas-tree?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d1f5533e-c23e-44a5-aaf0-f9c417effb9cPost:66030557-258c-43f9-888e-ec5d70c92fb4">Re: When do you put up the Christmas tree?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When do you put up the Christmas tree? : Its really just a christmas tree, but I make myself feel better about it by decorating it in chanukah colors and calling it a chanukah bush.  I do have a fake jewish star topper! 
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

Oh ok I felt dumb not knowing what it was. Glad it is not a real thing. I still want to see it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was pretty excited to get a tree and put it up... until I received a flyer from our leasing office telling us that they don't allow any real trees in the building.  Womp womp.  I dont have a fake tree, so I guess we're gonna do without.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hil- Go buy one! I am sure you can score a deal on one today online :) 
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's usually the Saturday after Thanksgiving...but since I had a project and 10 page paper to bust out since I procrastinated, the tree and decorations are going up this weekend.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    usually the weekend after Thanksgiving but we've been working on our living room so idk when we'll do it. Hopefully sooner than later
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_put-up-christmas-tree?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d1f5533e-c23e-44a5-aaf0-f9c417effb9cPost:293ee7f1-bbe9-4b2a-868c-a601ac2eda33">Re: When do you put up the Christmas tree?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hil- Go buy one! I am sure you can score a deal on one today online :) 

Hil totally! Target has great ones! Just be sure to fluff out the branches and it's almost like the real thing!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    Hil - idk if Kohl's still has this deal but I got a 7ft. prelit X-mas tree with 800 lights for 60 bucks on Black Friday. It was originally 200
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not really into the fake trees.  I like the smell, and the needles lol, of the real ones.  It's just not the same!  I may decorate H's tall tree/plant with garland this year.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_put-up-christmas-tree?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d1f5533e-c23e-44a5-aaf0-f9c417effb9cPost:87a5bd74-0557-41ee-8a81-d516cc9cc212">Re: When do you put up the Christmas tree?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: When do you put up the Christmas tree? : Oh ok I felt dumb not knowing what it was. Glad it is not a real thing. I still want to see it!

I'll try to grab a picture tonight.   Maybe one with our giant cat sleeping beneath it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We somehow got ambitious yesterday when we saw our neighbor outside decorating.. So we did too.  

The outside is done (lights, wreaths and lit mini trees lining the driveway) - the inside is almost done.  I put up some random decorations inside, changed out the table runner and dish towels to my Christmas ones, and put up our fake prelit tree in the bay window.  We still need to get our real tree for the family room.  I also put up the stockings and christmas lights by the fireplace.  I was busy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    When I get a new tree...  Last year we didn't even put up a Christmas tree.  We were SO busy that it just didn't happen.  This year, we have to put up a Christmas tree because my mom, brother, and sister are coming to our house Christmas morning.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    We will put ours up this weekend.  I really wish we could have a real tree, but our apartment complex does not allow them.  I guess a Christmas tree scented candle will work for now. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tonight!!  We are decorating tonight!!  We rearranged all our living room furniture last night (we wanted to do that before we put the tree and decorations up).  It will work so much better now that the room is rearranged!

Haha Hil, when my mom first bought the fake tree years ago, my sister cried foul and said it won't smell like a tree.  You know what my mom got her for Christmas?  A Yankee Candle Large Jar in Balsam/Evergreen (or whatever the scent is).  It was one of the funniest gifts we have ever gotten.  And it consistently gets lit every Christmas morning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards