Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Valentine's Day

The board is slow and I'm board. 

Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?
What are you plans for Valentine's Day? 
Do you exchange gifts each year?
Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Valentine's Day

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm... We kinda celebrate it, but in a very similar way to last night... :)
    We're both working valentine's day, so we probably won't do anything that night.
    We did exchange gifts last year, but I don't remember what I got him. He got me a gift card to a salon I'd been wanting to try. <3
    We'll probably go out to dinner the night after, but I told him I'd honor the, ahem, man's valentines day the day of. You know, steak and a BJ. :) I'm looking at getting him something, but I have no clue what. And with planning this damn shower now, I'm kinda tight on money. But, I'll figure something out. Probably another knife. That makes him happy.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? yes, but usually the week before
    What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  We had a mini v-day celebration Saturday night ... thanks to the boards on Friday ;-)
    Do you exchange gifts each year? Just small stuff.  I got him a wedge pillow to use in the bedroom ;-) which is what I gave him and we used Saturday
    Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before? We're going out to dinner Tuesday or Thursday

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We really aren't big on Valentine's Day.  We never have celebrated other than maybe making a nice dinner.  We don't have anything planned.  Feb 14th is a Monday so I will be at the gym taking a spin class and we usually just have an easy dinner that night. 

The first year we were dating I told him not to get me anything for Valentine's Day.  His coworkers were taking bets if I was going to get made if he didn't get me anything.... needless to say most of them lost.  I like getting a present or flowers just because. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?  not really, we will either make dinner together or order in. 
    What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  we are going to order pizza and watch a movie.
    Do you exchange gifts each year? a card, FI will get me flowers and ill probably just get him some candy.
    Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before?  on the 14th. 
    October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? not usually. We sort of acknowledge it, but last year was really the only time we did something for it. Used it as a good excuse to go to the William Penn Inn
    What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  Work. homework. working out. sleep.
    Do you exchange gifts each year? Nope. Sometimes a card, but nothing too crazy.
    Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before? We will probably have a nice dinner together, but nothing over the top. I'm not big on Valentine's Day
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     sort of but we dont make a huge deal of it normally
    probably pizza and wine haha
    not really. we do small things sometimes. I got him a back scratcher which i know he'll love way more than some big expensive gift hahaha
    yup. we're going to nyc saturday for the day bc I've been bugging DH that I wanted to do that for a while-- we'll probably see a show (hopefully Avenue Q!)
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kinda.  Last year I made a steak dinner and he got my a remote start for my jeep... He thinks vday is for the girls anyway.
    IDK he said he has something planned but won't tell me until 4 hours before.  I'm kinda scared.
    We were going to until we decided to buy a house.  Now we are on a budget and not going to buy gifts for v-day.  I'd rather go on our cruise for our bdays next month.
    No idea since he's not telling me anything.
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not really.

I'm going to pick a nice decadent Nigella recipe to make

Nope.  I think we did the first year, but that was it.  Sometimes we'll do cards.

Saturday most likely.
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? We usually get each other a card and something small. My DH knows to skip the flowers (even though he NEVER listens)... and the chocolate. I usually cook a nice dinner at home..

What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  No plans yet. We are hoping to have the house by Monday so we would be celebrating there! Though since I just got my job I think I may be spending my Valentine's Day there..

Do you exchange gifts each year? Small gifts... Usually sentimental more than pricey. However last year my DH bought me the wedding shoes I wanted!
    Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before? Well we are scheduled for settlement on the 12th so the weekend before is going to be crazy... plus I bartend Sat and Sun AM.... Not sure what my schedule is for the following week so we may or may not be celebrating the following week. Plus Valentine's Day is my MIL birthday so I dunno
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Yep, every year.

What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  DH just found out he is going to be OOT for work next Mon-Thurs, so we are either going to dinner this Friday night or Sunday night instead - NaBrasa Brazilian Steakhouse in Willow Grove

Do you exchange gifts each year? Usually something small. Flowers, candy, and cards.

Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before? My first married VDay will be spent alone with my dog =( We'll be celebrating together the weekend before.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day?  Yep.
    What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  I make FI's favorite dinner - we will have eggplant parmesan, penne pasta, meatballs, garlic bread, spinach balls, and apple pie.  Then we will just hang out at home.  We hate going out because it is always a madhouse.
    Usually something small (a card, DVD and candy, or something like that).  Although last year I got my engagement ring, so that was definitely not small.
    Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before?  We're going to have our nice dinner on the 13th (Sunday).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? We used to
    What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  None.  DH has pool that night and we might get new phones in March so that is our gift to each other. 
    Do you exchange gifts each year?  See above.
    Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before? If we do anything this year, which we probably won't, it would be on V-day.  Maybe dinner before pool but it would be with DS.  DS's birthday is 2/11 so we're having a family party for him on 2/12 and a kid party on 2/13.
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? yeah but just small stuff, like flowers, a card...

What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  we wanna spend a night at Harrah's to chill at The Pool to pretend we are somewhere tropical lol. We are going to do it on a random weekday so it's cheaper. For the actual Valentine's Day, we won't do anything special just do our normal routine of going to the gym.

Do you exchange gifts each year? yes but they are small gifts

Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before? not sure when we will celebrate it
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We don't typically do much for Valentines Day.. I've never been a fan.  However, we may go to this:

Not kidding.  I think it'd be classic.
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hahahaha
    you know I've never been to white castle...its sad really
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_valentines-day-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d3c482a2-7922-404c-a753-0d6bdb4fd95bPost:7d21b9e5-82db-47e0-875f-6948c5ae9d55">Re: Valentine's Day</a>:
    [QUOTE]We don't typically do much for Valentines Day.. I've never been a fan.  However, we may go to this: <a href="http://www.whitecastle.com/promotions/valentine" rel='nofollow'>http://www.whitecastle.com/promotions/valentine</a> Not kidding.  I think it'd be classic.
    Posted by ooodsie[/QUOTE]

We don't really have much planned, although we want to go out for dinner.  I guess I'd better make a reservation soon.

HOWEVER....I know of an EPIC proposal sotry that involves the White Castle V-Day celebration, ooodsie!  It's a friend of mine from HS.  She won a ton of contests after everything that happened.  Let me find it for you :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you celebrate Valentine's Day? Not really celebrate just acknowledge.

What are you plans for Valentine's Day?  We may take a ride to North Wildwood for the weekend. It is more to just get out of the city and we have nothing else this weekend.

Do you exchange gifts each year? Yes, just something small.

Will you celebrate on Feb. 14th or the weekend before? The weekend before if we go down the shore we will go out to dinner Saturday. He has night work on Mondays. Not a big deal he was in Texas last year for v-day and I'm pretty sure I worked!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Not usually, or at least nothing big

???????????dunno???????????

No, usually just cards and we do dinner in... maybe fondue.

whatever works... can you tell it's not an important holiday for us?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards