October 2010 Weddings

Apparently I have a mustache! Yikes!

I stopped in a local nail salon during lunch for a mani...the girl started working on my nails and then said, "you want me to wax for you?" and pointed to above my lip!

Ah! I have blonde hair and have never noticed a mustache...even if I had one, it'd be blonde!!

Re: Apparently I have a mustache! Yikes!

• Don't fret.  I totallly have a 'stache that I have to take care of.  Sweet Italian genes for you.
    Laura
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This just happened to me too! The day before the wedding the girls and I stopped in to have our nails touched up and they started in on us the second we sat down. She REALLY wanted to do my brows but I just had them done so I told her no politely 3 times before I finally had to tell her I just wasnt interested and then she started in on my stache. My MOH finally told her to knock it off!! WTF since when does going in to get your nails done mean you need a wax as well. 

btw you totally dont have a stache! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • AHAHAHAHAHA!! Too funny!! I had a pedi the other day and convinced DH to get one too since we were out of town...and I swear the ladies were talking about one of his toenails (got ripped off once and still looks funny today) in Vietnamese. I laughed out loud at one point because of a funny look on DH's face(he has really sensitive feet). Well the lady looked at me immediately thinking I understood and nervously laughed, like someone does when they get busted! It was hilarious!!

There is a Seinfeld episode when Elaine makes George's Dad go with her to the salon because she suspects they are talking about her. hahahaha, we've been having a lot of life things parallel Seinfeld lately. :P
  • This happened to me, too!!!  I went into my nail salon to have my brows waxed, and as she finished, she asked "Do you want me to do your upper lip, too?"

I didn't THINK I needed that, but was shamed into sheepishly saying "...sure."

J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • In Response to Re: Apparently I have a mustache! Yikes!:
    This happened to me, too!!!  I went into my nail salon to have my brows waxed, and as she finished, she asked "Do you want me to do your upper lip, too?" I didn't THINK I needed that, but was shamed into sheepishly saying "...sure." J
    Posted by jacki_sue
    Did it hurt anymore than brows?  How'd it look when it "grew back"?
  • I'm used to the brows, so they barely hurt me anymore.  I'd say though it's about equal UNTIL THEY GO RIGHT UNDERNEATH YOUR NOSE.  Because, you're bound to get some nose hairs yanked, too.  That usually makes my eyes water a bit.

It grew back in about the same rate as brows do. 

J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • I have one. I'm Greek. It's black. I've had it since I was 11 haha! I wax it.
    Danielle & Anthony 10~31~10
    Our Photo Book!
    Anniversary
  • I'm like you Hannah in the fact that it's blonde. I've considered waxing it just never have since it's blonde. haha 
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Hannah, I agree with PP and think it's just their up-selling technique.  Went in for mani-pedi before engagement photos and they said "oh, you should really get your brows done - we can do it here right now." I'd always been pretty happy with how I tweezed my brows, and all of a sudden was self-conscious.  I mumbled "no, I have pics in a few hours and can't risk the redness" but talked to some friends later who said two things: 1. my brows were well groomed, and 2. these places always try to up-sell them too.

:)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards