Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: WR: Do you Pt 4...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my wedding band was what needed to grow on me!
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked 2 but I LOVE my e-ring. Not just because FI picked it out himself or put a lot of thought into it. It's totally my style and it's exactly what I wanted.
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love mine! He did wonderfully - maybe with some suggestions and nudging - but he still remembered the one I really loved!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should be more specific. It's not that I technically picked it out; I owned a fake one that I was in love with. I wanted the exact ring, but with diamonds. He made it happen, without my knowledge. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wr-pt-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d8ec2a98-8619-46cd-85aa-08ccadad1747Post:260695dc-0939-4b22-be3a-8e7b08262b30">Re: WR: Do you Pt 4...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked 2 but I LOVE my e-ring. Not just because FI picked it out himself or put a lot of thought into it. It's totally my style and it's exactly what I wanted.
    Posted by a.lemma4[/QUOTE]

exactly this! Love it because its so perfect for me, but also because FI put so much thought and effort into making it perfect :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_wr-pt-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:d8ec2a98-8619-46cd-85aa-08ccadad1747Post:260695dc-0939-4b22-be3a-8e7b08262b30">Re: WR: Do you Pt 4...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I picked 2 but I LOVE my e-ring. Not just because FI picked it out himself or put a lot of thought into it. It's totally my style and it's exactly what I wanted.

This.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my engagement ring because the diamond came from his mother's engagement ring.  She passed away before we began dating, but it means so much to me that his family all agreed I should have it.

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

My FI picked out my ring.  He knew what diamond shapes I did not want and what type of gold and that is it.  I think he did a great job. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love my ring :)

he took my sister help him bc she knows my style but she said he picked it out all on his own so I love it-- and its def my style
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Mine is on its way to get reset to a halo but i am keeping the center stone and band the way it is. 

I loved the original one...I just wanted a halo.

• Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Samesies!

::Looks adoringly at her rings::
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and he got a way bigger rock than the ones we were looking at originally! When I finally actually looked at the ring, I said, "It's so huge!" to which he promptly replied "That's what she said."

I totally love that there was a "That's what she said" in our engagement story.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at rings online and told him I would send him links to what I like so he would know. then went to store to see said rings. Then said NO. Don't do that. $$$ and then foud rings that were $ and then he didnt listen. So yea I love my ring, and I am GLAD that you can insure these things!!!  I am happy he picked a nice ring though, I really like it.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    I picked #1, but it's not like I dragged JEGs to a store, pointed at it and said THIS ONE.  NOWWWWWW.

We were browsing through shops in West Chester one afternoon, and popped into a jewelry store.  I saw that and said I thought it was super pretty, and promptly forgot about it.  I forgot about it because I did this with probably anything that was sparkily and even remotely looked like an engagement ring.

So I kinda picked it out, but he kinda picked it out.  Regardless I LOOOOOOVE my engagement ring.  It's by far the prettiest ring I've ever seen ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ladyj - I just lol'ed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have talked to DH about changing it.  I currently do not wear mine, I'd like to change it so i can wear it everyday.  We just don't have the money to put out at this time.  I am hoping to change it in the next year or two.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    I picked #1. We went ring shopping and I fell in love with this one setting but I didn't think he would ever be able to afford it so we just went shopping around so he knew what styles I liked and didn't like. He ended up picking the setting I loved and him and my mom picked out the stone. So it's a little bit of both #1 and #2
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Funny story with mine.. .I didnt technically pick it out. BUT when I broke up with my last bf of 5 years.. I was heartbroke and mad at the world (but I now realize its the best thing that ever happened to me).... I was at Kohls with my mom and found a BEAUTIFUL FAKE Engagement on clearance for $5.... I bought it and said it was the new requirement to date me. If you couldnt get me this ring I wouldnt date you... So after a while it became a running joke. One day I found the ring and told my DH the story... Little did I know that later on he stole the fake ring.. and got it recreated to a T Its BEAUTIFUL
  • Options
    DianaM27DianaM27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I picked #1 because when we started looking for rings I did a lot research on the internet showing him styles I liked (cause I wasn't sure if we'd go shopping or he'd go on his own) The funny thing was he was super particular about some of the styles I said I liked. Then I did some browsing with my mom and his mom in person to try on rings to see if I really liked that style.

And then one day me, FI, and him mom went to lunch and then went to a jewlery store to "get ideas" or so I thought. We worked together to find one we both really liked and it was our first big couple compromise (I really liked the 3 stone round diamond look, but he said we needed more "bling" on the sides) We left the store and I thought okay that was fun and then months later there that ring was when he proposed!

I really love my e-ring because the center diamond is his great grandmothers and his mom gave it to us and when she first showed it to me she said, I hope you guys like it because it has a lot of wonderful years of marriage in it!  And it feels so wonderful to know his mom wanted me to have it and that it is connected to a wonderful long marriage.
    One of my bridesmaids and I sitting poolside Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy, That's a cute story :)  Very sweet.

I didn't vote because I love my engagment ring but neither of us picked it out.  My grandfather did when he bought for my grandmother.  I knew my mom was holding it for when Jeremy was finally ready. 
    I was a sneak and a couple of years ago I started checking my mom's drawer everytime we came to visit to see if it was still there.  He was smart though, he went out to my parents to ask for their blessing 3 days before he popped the question without me knowing and he knew I wouldn't be there between.  I had no idea and I'm glad it happened that way.  I would have probably been pissed at myself to sneak into her drawer to find it gone.  I would have hated myself for ruining the surprise.  I couldn't help it though, I just wanted to marry him.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards