October 2010 Weddings

Secret Santa?

So I was reading a post about it and thought I would just grab the bull by the horns. 

Who wants to do a secret santa? I am happy to help organize it. Let me know!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Secret Santa?

• I think we/they did it last year, but I missed out because I was in a wedding slump. It would be fun to try it this year though.
    10-10-10
    Anniversary
  • I was thinking that we could mail a gift, and keep the gift under $15 ? $10? I figure keeping the cost low would be perfect. Maybe pick something locally, or something simple like an ornament for our first xmas as a wife. Those ideas I totally stole...but am open to all ideas. We could also do a DIY gift. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm totally down.... last year we did an ornament exchange... it was awesome! We called it the Knottie Kris Kringle... :)
    Theresa & Daniel
    The Road To Three
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years.
    I'll love you for a thousand more."
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We did do it last year. We all sent gifts/ornaments that were themed around the place where we live. Thus someone has a cactus to hang on their Christmas tree this year courtesy of this desert Knottie :)
  • I'm in! I think it would be a lot of fun!
    May 10-10ers Siggy Challenge - My mom and me!

Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • I agree with jena as well.
  • I'm in for sure -- but I agree that we should wait on doing official sign-ups for a few weeks.

Also, I like the idea of an ornament exchange, but not so much on the theme of "1st xmas together" because I got a couple of ornaments for that and, well, I guess I don't want a tree full of them. But that's just me, maybe others feel differently!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • I'm in but agree on waiting a few weeks to see who sticks around.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • I liked the Knottie KK last year and thought the place-themed ornament exchange was fun. Now Tinabean00's got some Rhody on her tree! Haha. I'm up for it again! But I agree about waiting because a few girls got stiffed last year.
  • Maybe I shouldn't participate, the girl I gave my ornament got dumped by her FI like, a week after.  My gifts = touch of death.

J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • Jackie, I would take an ornament from you any day! 

I do love Elfster, we do that with DH's siblings, works great :)

I'd be in again

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • In Response to Re: Secret Santa?:
    I'm totally in, but like I said on the other thread, I think we should wait a couple of weeks to do sign-ups.  Let everyone get their wedding done, then they can decide whether or not they'll be sticking around the board.  I'd hate for someone to get paired with someone that decided they were over it... ya know?  And a couple of weeks into November is still plenty of time to divvy the names up and shop&mail.
    Posted by jena.n.ross

Ditto!

But we could starting thinking about a theme for this year. I love love LOVE my ornament from last year, but maybe something different this yer?

MARRIED 10.10.10 !!

October 2010 Siggy Challenge - walking down the aisle!

• TisharpTisharp
    100 Comments
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Secret Santa?:
    I'm sitting this one out...I know it sounds sooooo b!tchy, but there are so many girls on here that I have no idea who they are.
    Posted by lizzonyc
    This was the thing I was most afraid of, when I finally broke down earlier this week, and created this new profile.  I was so afraid that I would end up being in the pile of, "I don't know who you are..." again.  I think that was why I didn't post a whole lot when we first got engaged, because we got engaged in October 2009 and the first time I came here, all of the ladies ALREADY knew each other, and I was in that dreaded, "Who the heck is that new person?" pile back then.  lol 

It felt like WORK to get to be one of the ones that (at least I think) people knew.  Now I'm afraid with my new last name added, and my old brick wall pic taken out of my siggy, that no one knows me again.  That's why I added that line about who I was.  lol - wow - That all sounds SO insecure... but it's the truth. 

Missing our little turkey.
    Estimated Due Date 11/13/12 | Natural Miscarriage 4/17/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm in!
    Danielle & Anthony 10~31~10
    Our Photo Book!
    Anniversary
  • edited October 2010
    I'm also going to sit it out. It was a lot of fun last year with all you girls though :)

I'd also recommend waiting a couple weeks and about who you "let in." A few girls did get jipped last year so make sure it's someone who's on here quite a bit, I'd hate to see some girls get screwed again. : /
    Kristen & Ryan | 10.10.10
    My Married Bio | My Blog
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Secret Santa?:
    In Response to Re: Secret Santa? : This was the thing I was most afraid of, when I finally broke down earlier this week, and created this new profile.  I was so afraid that I would end up being in the pile of, "I don't know who you are..." again.  I think that was why I didn't post a whole lot when we first got engaged, because we got engaged in October 2009 and the first time I came here, all of the ladies ALREADY knew each other, and I was in that dreaded, "Who the heck is that new person?" pile back then.  lol  It felt like WORK to get to be one of the ones that (at least I think) people knew.  Now I'm afraid with my new last name added, and my old brick wall pic taken out of my siggy, that no one knows me again.  That's why I added that line about who I was.  lol - wow - That all sounds SO insecure... but it's the truth. 
    Posted by TishaPayne
    I know who you are!  :-) 
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think it sounds like fun!
    Our Wedding Day
  • I'm in, I didn't know about the board last year so I'd love to be able to do it this year. I don't care if I know the girl or not lol.
  • It is biitchy, but we'll have to set some criteria for who gets "let in." Don't be mad.  So lurkers, if you're interested, you'd best get to posting ;)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

**Current VistaPrint Groupon - $17 gets you $70(good 'til 11/8)**

**New project in the works: Follow my Twitter for more Groupon (etc) deals!**

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Bio ~ A Bride's Guide to VistaPrint * www.vistaprint-goddess.weebly.com

"In my book you're a VistaPrint goddess" --Hannah

Photobucket

• id want to know the cost and such...but id probably be up for it. 
    Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I'm in!
    *sara & clinton*
    ten-tenners' may siggy: me & mama on my wedding day

What's LittleMissNewlywed Cooking? Anniversary
  • Yeah like Liz said - last year there def was Secret Santa drama. For the most part it was really fun but there were girls that said they were going to and then didnt which kinda killed part of it.

That being said, I would still be up for doing it. BUT we should a) wait until at least mid novemeber to start anything and b) we have to limit it. It does sound a bit mean but limiting to only regulars would help so that we dont have girls getting excited that they will get something in the mail and then not getting anything. And the limiting would be the hard part especially with a national board. I guess either way someone's feeling are likely going to get hurt.

• I'd be up for it. Not sure if I'd be included though since I haven't posted much since I started planning late (am not a "regular).  Depends on the rules, I guess :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    PAIF/SAIF welcome
    TTC #1 since 10/2010, Cycle #26
    Diagnosis: Unexplained IF
    IUI #1 (Cycle #24): Clomid, Gonal-F, trigger, 4M post-wash = BFN 11/9/12
    IUI #2 (Cycle #25): same protocol, 10M post-wash = BFN 12/12/12
    Break Cycle #26 = CD69 BFP
    Beta #1 2/20/13 = 449, Beta #2 2/22/13 = 1012, Beta #3 2/25/13 = 2479
    u/s 3/1/13 = gest sac and yolk sac
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'd be up for it.  :) 

Anniversary

NNT for 5+ years. TTC since March 2012.

Irregular and anovulatory cycles. March 2012-Ultrasounds show no cysts. November 2012- CD 3 b/w all normal. Working on losing more weight before further testing. Trying out some natural remedies in the meantime.

Nestie Besties with Nfp147

TTC Buddies with Amandaf6383
  • I'd definitely be up for it if I'm 'let in', lol. I'm not really one of the 'regulars' I suppose. I didn't get to participate last year because I wasn't as involved in the knot then.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was away when you all posted this, but I'd be up for it.

As for people flaking out - meh.  I guess I can't get all worked up over that.  I've never known of any SS event (including ones that are family only or work related) that don't have someone flake out.  Being a douche isn't at all online specific.  I guess I'm not one for passing up stuff that could be fun just because a few may blow it.  I also don't care if I get someone I don't know.  Everyone has to be the new person at some point.

10-10-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards