October 2010 Weddings

yeah i will not be going over to the nest anymore

they are so incredibly rude. i had a serious question regarding my children and my stupid alcoholic ex...and this one women just told me to stop saying the word cuz...because i sound immature etc. um? thank you for that...im upset and scared and your calling me immature...and then she made me sound like a moron because forgive me if i cant afford a lawyer since child support which was alot, is now gone. and we cant get credit cards cuz the divorce messed up my credit, and i do not want credit cards anyways...and we cant borrow money...because everyone is in a financial bind right now...
i think ill just avoid that place....
Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: yeah i will not be going over to the nest anymore

• I'm sorry you're having issues and those b!tches over on TN aren't helping. I know you're not asking for advice here, but there are legal aid societies and lawyers who will do work for less or for free (pro bono) since lawyers in most states are usually required to do some low cost or free work. I would call lawyers near you and ask around, I'm sure there is someone that can help you. Good luck!

Pipe down, you had your chance!

• In Response to Re: yeah i will not be going over to the nest anymore:
    I'm sorry you're having issues and those b!tches over on TN aren't helping. I know you're not asking for advice here, but there are legal aid societies and lawyers who will do work for less or for free (pro bono) since lawyers in most states are usually required to do some low cost or free work. I would call lawyers near you and ask around, I'm sure there is someone that can help you. Good luck!
    Posted by lfml1001
    thanks :) i know at this point i need a lawyer...i wish we could afford one and im sure his parents will hire him a lawyer if need be (my ex) im going to look around for some pro bon o laywers and see what they can do...in the meantime i will be talking to the lawyer they have at the court house on tuesday...maybe she can help me find a free lawyer too...but she might be able to talk to me about all i need...
  • I went and looked, and to be fair, you asked the same question on SEVERAL boards.  Most people were compassionate and tried to be helpful.  One person made one comment, and it wasn't even that bad.  Sweetheart, I'm as sensitive as the day is long but sometimes you just need to be a little more thick-skinned.

Lauren's right, though.  There are plenty of pro-bono organizations that are made to help people in situations like yours.  Seek them out, they'll be able to help!  Good luck.

J
    Jacki and Wes ~ 10.2.10
    Perfect love drives out fear.
  • In Response to Re: yeah i will not be going over to the nest anymore:
    I went and looked, and to be fair, you asked the same question on SEVERAL boards.  Most people were compassionate and tried to be helpful.  One person made one comment, and it wasn't even that bad.  Sweetheart, I'm as sensitive as the day is long but sometimes you just need to be a little more thick-skinned. Lauren's right, though.  There are plenty of pro-bono organizations that are made to help people in situations like yours.  Seek them out, they'll be able to help!  Good luck. J
    Posted by jacki_sue
    oh yeah i asked the same question about the cost of filing. the main question i asked that i got s*** for which was is this somehting i could win...i only asked on the one board. which was blended families. i didnt want that asked everywhere...
    but yes i did ask about the filing on more then one board...because some of the ladies told me to ask at this board or that board so i did....those responses werent upsetting and they were all very helpful....its the one lady that told me i was immature because i say cuz instead of because and then went on to call me stupid because i had child #3 after i found out ex husband had a drinking problem but went several years sober....yes i was young and stupid...i grew up and learned and got wiser for sure. and married a man that i got to know better....(years better lol) but yeah i admit im senstive...always have been...and im trying to not to be...but it was just this one women who was so well. mean
  • and yeah im definetly going to look into pro bono...we arent broke...dont get me wrong. we struggle financially...esp losing the child support. but we arent broke...we still take care of the kids and they have some luxeries...but paying more then $1000 out of pocket for something...is a struggle for sure....our wedding was a whopping $1000 spread over 8 months lol. but i will do whatever i have to protect my children!!!
  • sorry people was rude to you. i tired to go over & check it out but i couldn't find any post from you, except one on the bump, but it said you had deleted it... anyway, i know a lot of lawyers around here do pro bono work, so hopefully you can get something like that! good luck!
  • Good luck, Becca. I hope you're able to find a resource to help - I'm sure there are legal aid services in your area. Maybe even check with a local university's law school to see if they have any sort of clinic - there may be some 3rd years specializing in family law who can help.
    I'm sorry people were rude to you over there. Unfortunately, it's the internet, and people are anonymous and sometimes behave really immaturely. I haven't seen your post or the response, but I think when you're trying to get important legal information, you should skip a site like the Nest and speak directly to a lawyer.  The Nest is for things like good crock pot recipes, or to find out how to get your husband to pick up his dirty socks.  :)
    Good luck!
    Erica & Alan
    October 1, 2010

• Start here:

http://www.lsnv.org/

If they can't help you, they can point you in the right direction.  Most cities have a Legal Aid Society, as well.  Very rarely is inability to afford an attorney a complete dead end when dealing with family law.  Frivolous and/or revenge suits won't be dealt with, but cases that truly are in the best interest of the children are generally taken on by one of these organizations.  I was a volunteer liasion for families in crisis through a charity organization for quite a while and I know that the Legal Aid Society was very helpful in the cases I referred.

Good luck.
    10-10-10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards